• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax and cardlocks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon tax and cardlocks

Just a follow up on carbon tax and card locks. Went to see local heavy equipment business about getting a card as I have just been filling slip tanks at retail coloured tank. Filled the last tank day before carbon tax came in.

Mentioned to owner it will be nice not to pay carbon tax on dyed fuel through card lock. Looks at me strange and his old man says then you'll have to get it delivered to the farm.

Me: Well here I thought card locks were exempt in Ontario with the L403 exemption form. I knew retail wasn't, but pretty sure cardlocks were.

Owner:Well, yes, but CRA has ordered cardlocks to keep detailed records as to who and how much carbon tax should have been collected at each sale and keep that on file indefinitely. Just in case it is decided in the future that Ag should not have been exempt and they go after back taxes, interest and penalties.

Me: Ohhhh, those dirty ****ers.

Owner: Yeah, I told them to go **** themselves and everyone can pay the tax. I'm not hiring someone to do CRA's job for them. Either your exempt or your not. But those pricks are keeping the back door open for later.

Me: Be kind of a nasty surprise if you got a carbon tax delinquency bill in a half dozen years for several thousand dollars.

Owner: No shit.

Just so you guys know, a record is being kept.

A administration NIGHTMARE, thank you Liberals, Climate Change wackos!
    Next is prove with log books WHERE you used the diesel!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      A administration NIGHTMARE, thank you Liberals, Climate Change wackos!
      Next is prove with log books WHERE you used the diesel!
      It's be gps records to show it wasn't on a road

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.