• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI imidazolinone chemical residues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI imidazolinone chemical residues

Imi residues latest

not sure you guys face same issues breaks down quicker in your envirnment and maybe you dont use it on wheat and barley

http://www.graintrade.org.au/sites/default/files/Industry%20Update%20on%20Market%20Access%20for%20I MI%20tolerant%20barley%20varieties%2029%20March%20 2019.pdf http://www.graintrade.org.au/sites/default/files/Industry%20Update%20on%20Market%20Access%20for%20I MI%20tolerant%20barley%20varieties%2029%20March%20 2019.pdf

To the best of my "knowledge" I don't think Canada has IMI tolerant barley.

Unless you consider Imazamethabenz(trade name irrelevant) in the same category you're talking about.

Comment

We have imi tolerant wheat. But I would say the use is very low.

Imi chemistry is used on a small amount of canola, and most peas and lentils. I don't know that we are running into any issues with importers over this.

Our biggest problem with imi chemistry is residue in the soil affecting the following year's crop.

How is your moisture situation Mallee? Have you received anymore after the shot of rain a couple weeks ago?

Comment

Know of the IMI wheat but never grew it. Am currently growing IMI tolerant canola (Clearfield Nexera 1024 and 1026).

I haven't heard of any backlash about residues in peas, lentils or canola either.

Comment

Rain were tracking ok. The radar shot a week or maybe 2 ago produced 30mm will keep us going for a while its winter 13 to 16 degrees just need top ups.

Yeah farma its just the malt barley thats targeted or not targeted but levels have to be lowered.

Imis used on some wheat barley and canaola here.

Hmmm maybe 20% of farmers may use the chemistry but i would say almost every farmer has used it over the years.

Myself i actually grow a Imi wheat dont use the technology unless have a super grassy crop then theres carryover issues

For what its worth forecasts for remainder of australian year suggest a drying trend.

West aust biggest grain state has finally received much needed rains over last two weeks and can bank on fact a fair chunk of the intended acres will still go in. But there world leading farmers over there and with latest technolgy chems etc can produce alot of crop on little rain.

A guy called bill crabtree a farmer in a very dry spot is world renowned and respected.

Comment

Guys grow imi res wheat here to undeseed alfalfa , red clover ,etc.
            Works good

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Know of the IMI wheat but never grew it. Am currently growing IMI tolerant canola (Clearfield Nexera 1024 and 1026).

I haven't heard of any backlash about residues in peas, lentils or canola either.
              Farmaholic, 1026 is RR. if you spray with an IMI... it will be dead.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                Farmaholic, 1026 is RR. if you spray wiuth an IMI... it will be dead.
                Cheers

Good eye Tom, my bad.....2024 and 2026.

Thank you for pointing that out!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...