• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance

Huge rain for every one in the province!

I was thinking or wondering a week ago:
    - hail insurance will pay out the full claim if, and I can’t remember now 80% or more damage
    - crop insurance, at what point can they or will they write the crop off? Forcing growers to harvest actually makes prospects worse for “next year”, increased farm expenses, etc
    - allow farmers to then chemfallow, or ready fields for winter wheat, or possibly summer cover crops

I have always had crop insurance, just seems like you need a disaster to collect premiums back, I believe that’s how many feel.

Should there be two tiers, disaster crop insurance, say where crops are less than 50% of producer yield averages? And another tier that would insure closer to 5 year average yield to act a bit more like a revenue insurance? Mulitiple programs, insurances, etc complicated and overlap expenses with no bankable income, yield , etc

Ya I know, they are all bankable now, just thinking out loud, and was wondering. Glad I do t know more about all the programming, but the last few weeks sure got me thinking more.

It’s easy when times are good, not so easy with low inventory’s and trade wars.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.