• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

5+ year high

DOW closing in on an all time high

I asked my financial planner with RBC why we haven't captured more of the approximate 100% growth in the Canadian and U.S. equity markets since about 2008.

I wish I had he time, energy, knowledge and skill to manage my own portfolio...then I would be the only one to blame for poor performance or mediocre growth. Too many hands in my pocket....advisor, fund managers, bank take, etc.

Comment

As over sold(in my opinion) as some grain commodities are will they see any investment funds push them higher under the circumstances?

Comment

Gold rallying due to Trump forcing-the-hand of the U.S. Fed (Powell) to cut rates in 2019 . . . .

U.S. tariffs now slowing the U.S. economy (a concern for White House) while equites head for record highs (go figure). Stock markets simply a function of flow-of-money following falling rates.

USD now under pressure as a result of falling rates while our loonie is getting backhanded buyer support following gold strength. Sept loonie appears to have resistance @ 76 1/2 cents U.S.

Crazy world of manipulated economics . . . .

Comment

There is nothing to manage farma. Stick it in ETFs that pay a dividend, put 40% in US sectors and let it ride. Dont pay those vultures at RBC.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            U.S. tariffs now slowing the U.S. economy (a concern for White House) while equites head for record highs (go figure). Stock markets simply a function of flow-of-money following falling rates..
            All govt debt is now yielding under inflation so that is why people are running to the equities market.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              All govt debt is now yielding under inflation so that is why people are running to the equities market.
              When speculative investment drives markets more than fundamental company performance?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                When speculative investment drives markets more than fundamental company performance?
                You get a crowded trade.

The interest rate normalization experiment is a bust. US took it as far as they could and they are done. Europe and Japan couldn't even try it. Canada tried it a bit and the economy wobbled. We are going into a permanent low interest rate regime forever so people are looking for yield wherever they can find it.

Comment

Here's the irony of this week's equity market action . . . . U.S. stock markets are now "celebrating" (approaching historic highs) that the U.S. economy is now heading-for-recession and the Fed may be forced to cut rates. Go figure . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                    Here's the irony of this week's equity market action . . . . U.S. stock markets are now "celebrating" (approaching historic highs) that the U.S. economy is now heading-for-recession and the Fed may be forced to cut rates. Go figure . . . .
                    The fed will cut rates and head it off or at least lessen its impact. Trump is on it.

Comment

Gold just hit 1400usd an ounce. A rapidly rising gold price signals a loss of confidence in paper dollars. Can't blame em. The stimulus unwind from the 2008 debt crisis is a complete and utter failure.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jun 20, 2019, 20:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...