• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B8eyutkfSUKamw3Q1MQtKw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	778436

What a very interesting week.

On Friday at around noon, we were sitting around the shop and had a visit from a salesman we know. It started to spit and spit and spit. Funny how you look at the sky when it's dry and wonder what the heck is going on. The spit continued till about 3 so headed back to the city. Hit the big hole in the ground and come out the other side to sunshine. Turned on the radar and WTF it is raining at our place. Get to the city and work on my sprinklers and check again and its the same thing raining across the valley. Looked before bed and same. Woke up the same valley on. Went to the lake and it rained up to it but radar showing same. Valley on. To make this story shorter we finally had the rain our farm wanted a nice slow two-day soaker like we use to get. Total 3.2 inches in 36 hrs.
    DTN for the Win.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1d5d.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	778437

The purple area is our area and where most of the rain did fall and reach its totals.

Well, yesterday at the Farm Progress show another system started up and gave lots of farmers on the West side a very welcomed rain. Wow were they happy?

But the reality is the storm followed a funny path of almost straight north. Didn't move East.

Lots of farmers still haven't seen meaningful rain to end this drought.

But DTN again has the three days looking wet for the Rest to get a good drink.

So yea lets all smile and be happy for the rain and pray the rest get some soon.

Crop Report

For our area like I said earlier the rain event last Friday to Sunday sure helped with this crop. Will the crop of 2019 be like 2018, not a chance the damage was done. HRS at the 3 to 5 leaf determines head size. Yes, it could be a fat little head with 10 rows but this is Canada time is starting to run out so big yield I feel has left the building. Yes, the potential is there for old style big yields but mega is done. 100 Canola for the challenge HAHAHA and 80 HRS I can't see it making those numbers this year for anyone. Frost could be an issue as lots will have seeds germinating that was sitting in the dust.

So most farmers were putting off spraying till a rain or going at it very slowly. We started up two days last week. About 1/3 is sprayed that is Peas are done and HRS is started with some Liberty on certain fields. Keep the fats on we might need them. Also, custom sprayers learn were the farmer's field you are spraying and the next guys start. Funny for a quarter mile you can't tell the difference between a Canola field and barley stubble. Real special people running some machines. You just have to go to make the payments.

There is still being green feed seeded in the area. The organic guys worked fields look really nice after a rain time will tell.

HRS is holding at last weeks levels now that it has seen rain. Some very early fields south of the valley are going to head soon with limited rain it will be interesting to see the size. Our side of the valley the next 10 days farmers need to get fields sprayed and heading will take place.

Name:	bcEjVwGmTnOtOVG8Hcjhhw.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	778438

Barley took it on the chin and needed the rain about a week earlier. It will be tough for malt as all crops will have different stages. Like one friend said yesterday. His fields had 26 stages of growth but the neighbours have 40 to describe the crop in 2019. Ill give ratings next week.

Name:	ivkpfSoVQa23fa9diQ%f2Q.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	778439

Peas I have to quit growing these suckers. F#$K the Just like meat crowd. The one crop I seem to always have issues with. We had a cold night two days after I sprayed. Can you guess what's going on? Yea yellow but this year hopefully they recover. Now throw the rain event that happened to them it could get real interesting fast. I'm still hopeful for recovery but not putting big hope for an unbelievable pea crop. Also, I have little ones coming and big ones right beside so what some shelling at harvest and others this green shit. Oh, and they are so short this year.

Name:	nBlHJFQXQFSL8VuwxxXxNg.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	778440

Lentils are filling in and yes lots of peas and lentils in our area. Lots.

Flax fields are coming back from the cold temps and you can see rows.

Oats acres weren't as high as I thought they would be. The rain will benefit this crop.

Pastures and hay land. Well, hayland has issues and the first cut might be not so good. Funny some old fields of alfalfa brome the clusters of alfalfa are about a foot tall and no brome. Or maybe on the good ground some.

Some hard grazed fields from last year are not very nice.

So basically to wrap it up rain came and was very welcomed. Soaked in oh so fast but it was a slow nice steady rain. Today it is raining in Regina already so Dr. Apointment and then visit some people. Yesterday there was a group from Brazil sponsored by Bayer wouldn't that be nice, oh wait this is Canada were they just overcharge us and give a free pen or shirt. This year no pens. Also a German and Chinese group.

Hopefully, everyone gets to empty the rain gauge after this weekend and not smash it with a baseball bat.

Have a great week and yes they are phoning all ready for you to put on fungicides etc because its all about the big yield for their bottom line.

Ah, politics I forgot.

Our supreme leader made a nice speech about how he saved oil and got a pipeline going it was all Harper's fault and shovels are in the ground.

How can he say anything and keep a straight face?

It is disturbing and the liberals bounce their heads up and down like one of those old dogs in the rear window saying yes it is all good.

Name:	wKdvzZFhQ2qCIq%JraZSPQ.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	767393

Also no more plastic straws etc.

So how do you poke the paper juice box kind of thing to get the water out?

Ag plastic was left alone. But hey we have a 100 dollar a bag new tax that basically just added a 100 dollars to the bags and did nothing for the environment.

The federal NDP has dropped so low in the polls it's really sad what is happening. So now the greens are up and with the Liberals could form a gov in the fall. Yea won't that be a great time to live in this country Drunk Elizabeth and Stoned Trudeau and Sing propping up the back.

This could happen because a millennial has never had to do much for things in life we handed them everything from cars to holidays to not working and participation badges etc. When they here Trudeau talk the money is always free and lets party on Garth. Free down payment for you. Why start out small buy the big one and pay till you die mentality.

The other funny thing is Ontario is basically broke. Not broke made up like the NDP said in Saskatchewan years ago. ( Manitoba with nothing had twice our debt yet we had our loans called thanks Roy it worked) People of Toronto came out in droves to see the Raptors parade guns blazing and booed the premier and cheered Trudeau. Is Toronto just a basket case of Stupid people. This scares the shit out of me Debt means nothing lets spend and not ever worry about it. You're a trillion in debt Ontario, it is the centre of the universe in the world for debt that is for sure.

Farm progress shows the crowds were slow yesterday thanks Regina but today I expect those numbers to rise as rain to the west will get some travelling today to kick tires and shoot the shit.

Comment

Sf3 and me are approaching this crop from different angles....

Every rain we get I am talking this crop up from potential poor yeilds and he is talking it down from bumper yeilds.

Ghetto versus Eden.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 20, 2019, 06:41.

Comment

Name:	722288-14597473406711524_origin.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	767395

Funny so funny thanks Farm and SKWheat on Little sprout joke.

Name:	ayM1ZkIqTDC2qjH844hJbQ.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	767396

Here are some more for the crop report to think about.

1. you have a crop coming up on June 20th or in 5 days for those who just got rain.

2. Elevators are licking their chops already as they know Number one wheat they only have to find a shrivelled up seed and it's a three down to a feed with more thrown in from their pockets. THose pales of frozen wheat are kept in the basement for years like this.

3. Reality is grading will be a shit show in 2019. If you think like a farmer you'll win HAHAHAHAHA is all I have to say.

4. You will be looking at HRS or Barley and thinking some is bone dry and other is soft dough and some are green shit (26 growing situations in the field) Swath and it turns hot the green shrivel up but weigh enough and come into the hopper or don't worry about malt do a feed contract and good to go. Ah, wait for it's late what if it freezes now your shipping light shit all way to Alberta and trucker wins more than you do.

5. Canola with 30 stages will be really fun. If its the new direct cut leave till 98% and your ok it should work out but if its the non-varieties like some of ours it could make fall real interesting.

6. Yes on some years we have time but in a shit show like this year remember back to 2002 and 2004 how will your crops look if it froze in 40 days.

Yes, we don't want to go there as that was a dark time in farming. Really dark game of Thrones dark. Ah, H#ll hopefully not.

7. So the companies will make on grade and on volume and on the two dollar drop with China and big carry over. That carry over just cracks me up. It is a joke but the market knows.

So at least things will green up and I will finally be able to cut grass at the farm with the new mower and make it look like a golf course with dandy lions but sprays will work.

Comment

Did you fall on your head yesterday? Visiting the Agco display and sitting in that equipment! I hope no one you know saw you!
          Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 20, 2019, 06:46.

Comment

The grain companies know there is a shit storm brewing.... but they will not blink for a long time yet. They don’t have too , too many have bills to pay .
            Those corn crop comparisons came from a internal grain companies e mail info
            They know there will be fireworks ahead ... but it will be down played until mid August IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

So at least things will green up and I will finally be able to cut grass at the farm with the new mower and make it look like a golf course with dandy lions but sprays will work.
              So did you catch the dandy lions on your African property? LOL.

Comment

Hey, I always wanted to be part of the 100 bushel Canola crop and just stating a fact 2019 won't get me to that meeting and membership in the club. AHHAHAHAHAH

Wait I do have 10 acres that could do it. I better top dress today and put fungicide on tomorrow might do it. How come the hero cant gets 5000 to 10000 to do it. Canola dome.

Name:	favCOTqGTb6aPcWmFgcvaA.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	767397

Oh also RIP to my old Northern Fishing Friend. We had some great times.

Comment

Wow, Ass that's the best you can do. Really disappointed in today's post. Come on work at it. I See that's your crop report come after me yet post jack shit. Real special.

Comment

I'm beginning to feel a little guilty for harassing and internet bullying SF3, BUT that feeling too shall pass!

Comment

This rain was a savior for me. All my crops were at the perfect stage for it. Except the 50% of my canola that was ungerminated. Now I will have a 2 stage crop I guess but there is still enough time to get it off I hope. Fall frost is a concern. Glad I sprayed some before the rains. Could be mucky in there for a bit.

Comment

Farm get into the Farm progress show today I'll buy you a beer. Your going to get rain so quit looking at the crop and go for a drive. We have an auction next week we should go to.

Comment

Still dry here!

The wheat is starting to look really thirsty. Canola and peas and alfalfa are looking decent for now but will need rain soon.

Comment

SF3......

Aging parental duties today and maybe then off to MGD Customs in Lumsden and see how the 37 Buick restoration is evolving.
                            With this rain we're getting maybe I can afford the top coat of paint instead of only the primer.

Comment

That car is going to be really nice when finished. Must have real deep pockets to finish. Slum maybe is the garden of Eden. HAHAHA

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.