• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn problems.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn problems.

Not sure how they can pull this one off in the end.

Buy propane futures.

Comment

Chuck, we need you quickly to offer some soothing words about global warming being worse than we thought, and still having a chance to get enough heat units, and long enough growing season to save these crops. Don't let us down, there must be a cut and paste somewhere showing that 2019 is a tipping point, and winters will be a thing of the past starting this year, so this crop can mature into December without frost.

Comment

Maybe honest pictures but the first is hardly representative of an average corn crop on this date. "Knee high by the 4th of July" being the old saying.
        The second picture is more reflective of my corn and other corn in this area. Compared to us the US cornbelt has plenty moisture, gets way more heat than us and winter comes later so I wouldn't worry too much for them.
        Last edited by grassfarmer; Jun 19, 2019, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          Maybe honest pictures but the first is hardly representative of an average corn crop on this date. "Knee high by the 4th of July" being the old saying.
          The second picture is more reflective of my corn and other corn in this area. Compared to us the US cornbelt has plenty moisture, gets way more heat than us and winter comes later so I wouldn't worry too much for them.
          They need to worry .... that corn ain’t gonna make er

Comment

this was my corn in south central sask July 4th 2018.Expecting this year to be half that if I get some rain .

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
              this was my corn in south central sask July 4th 2018.Expecting this year to be half that if I get some rain .

Comment

Not sure we can draw any conclusions without a location, US corn growing region is big, the difference between Texas and North Dakota is drastic.

Comment

It’s bad. They need heat like most need rain up here. What was seeded it’s in the best shape and if it keeps raining ain’t gonna get better no matter what the global warming geniuses say.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                    That pic looks amazing. How did it run and what did you do with it? Ours is only 6 inches tall and is currently getting soaked so hopefully some sun/ heat will follow.

Comment

Well about conclusions .....

Comment

Not sure but pollination will not be optimal time over a very very large area ...
                        food for thought lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Not sure we can draw any conclusions without a location, US corn growing region is big, the difference between Texas and North Dakota is drastic.
                          Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                            That pic looks amazing. How did it run and what did you do with it? Ours is only 6 inches tall and is currently getting soaked so hopefully some sun/ heat will follow.
                            10 acres.an acre every 3 days so it lasted a month.starting mid december.

Comment

Even around here nw sk early planted corn is just emerged. Later planted fared better. Buddy custom planted a bunch and everyone panicky cause emergence is slow. Soil temp didn’t get to 10c till after May 15 go figure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.