• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Agco

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Agco

Went to get an cab charcoal air filter for sprayer cab
    They want a mere $428
    Now this looks like any air filter, 12”x16” x 3” deep , quite small actually
    Once i got my heart beating again i bought the necessary charcoal for $10 to refill it
    Filter looks as clean as a new one on the paper outside
    Is there no limit to how low these greedy f$&ks will go ????????????????????
    Think how many guys just said f$&k it and left old filter in and are having chem odors coming in because if these greedy leaches

If you're on Twitter, throw @aghallofshame a mention with those details... they're trying to highlight absurd pricing, but also gives guys a chance to share work arounds and/or aftermarket options.

Comment

I heard that exact story 2 days ago from neighbour.
      They really have no conscience, do they.
      I used to change the charcoal in the 854 sprayer.
      I think I got it from Anderson pump house in North
      Battle Ford.
      100$ here and there . Has turned into 4-500$ every time.
      I must be too old , because 500$ still sounds like
      A lot of money.

It is all of them. Just getting out of hand

Can not have farmers getting around stuff like
      That.
      Next thing they will put a chip in the filter
      That shuts off your sprayer if do not buy one from them.
      Like the computer printer cartrage co.s do
      Last edited by sawfly1; Jun 18, 2019, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        If you're on Twitter, throw @aghallofshame a mention with those details... they're trying to highlight absurd pricing, but also gives guys a chance to share work arounds and/or aftermarket options.
        Im not but feel free to quote me word for word

Comment

Can you not cross reference part number with WIX catalogue and get it much cheaper. That is what I do for all my filters, tractor, vehicle etc. and then buy online from fleet supplier in Florida. No ag manufacturer makes their own filters.

People try to tell me a WIX oil filter for a 7.3 diesel is worth $40-50 CDN at store. I buy them for $8 US, get real cheap if you buy more than 10.

Comment

I would be very surprised if wix makes a charcoal cabin filter for sprayers.

My local dealer sells a locally made stainless steel type charcoal refillable for $400 the same price as the factory throw away.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

My local dealer sells a locally made stainless steel type charcoal refillable for $400 the same price as the factory throw away.
              I think walmart sells activated charcoal.

Comment

I think walmart sells activated charcoal.
                It would have to be coarse enough to allow air flow.

But ya, what a ****en rip off.

And no, they likely don't make their own filters but I bet some are proprietary

Comment

So you saying I shouldn’t buy 3 Fendt Massey combines?

Comment

I wouldn’t rule out NAPA/Wix they seem to get just about any filter.

Comment

I have a Dutch carbogran reusable filter for when I sprayed with the tractor. When I bought the spra coupe I bought a new one from agco dealer and thought it was quite pricey. Might check into the Dutch for the Coupe. Also bought some brake pad pucks and they were crazy priced too.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!

Quit pretending, you bleed green

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!

Quit pretending, you bleed green
                          I second that...lol...They won't let you go from the green dealer....why get to know quality...stick with the green shit...today's CCIL....

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            F#$k , no

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                              Can you not cross reference part number with WIX catalogue and get it much cheaper. That is what I do for all my filters, tractor, vehicle etc. and then buy online from fleet supplier in Florida. No ag manufacturer makes their own filters.

People try to tell me a WIX oil filter for a 7.3 diesel is worth $40-50 CDN at store. I buy them for $8 US, get real cheap if you buy more than 10.
                              Can I get the name of your supplier in Florida please (cause I'm lazy and cheap)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.