• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is this rain to you....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big is this rain to you....

This is the rain that has been predicted since the last half of may.....it's a make or break....or brake....

If it comes things will be better. ..if not....it's put on the brakes on any further spending on this crop....or it will break farms ...

Nothing in forecast here for a week

Comment

Have a plan "B" (for Bucket)

Plan Bucket.

This us not funny for some people anymore.

I've told some people that "this water off a duck's back" mentality is getting hard to maintain.

I haven't lost hope yet and there is still some potential in this crop (is that righteous and hopeful enough for you Captain 101)

Comment

Too late for early seeded cereals by 2 weeks in most areas
        Be beneficial for some crops

Comment

It's kinda a big deal... like YUGE!

But in this neck of the woods, it's more common than not to have your dreams crushed. It humbles even the luckiest of men eventually.

Many jokingly refer to it as "one rain country"....

Usually miss that ONE rain, to make a decent crop, but that's usually the week of the Calgary stampede.

This year, we've yet to have one rain measure more than 0.25".

Models seem to be progressively pushing it further north and west.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Too late for early seeded cereals by 2 weeks in most areas
            Be beneficial for some crops
            I believe there is harm already done...BUT IT COULD GET ALOT WORSE HERE.

And it just might do that.

Comment

Weather underground is not plugging us for much.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Nothing in forecast here for a week
                What the heck? Trina on CJNE has been saying all morning "Periods of rain Thursday" Not sure where she is getting her info but sound good to me!

Comment

Pretty critical here. Some late crops still can benefit but I see earlier cereals aborting their cycle and looking to go shot blade about a month too early. Pulses look ok from the road until you walk in. Canola is hit and miss. Some guys got it started, others didnt, some half and half.

Comment

I envy the guys who aren't "all in" at this point if they are short of rain.

We just finished in crop herbicides and never cut back much,

Fert is all on.

Hail insurance decision next. Load it up and pray for hard water precipitation?

Comment

The rain we did get was the difference between total germination and 25 % germ for my flax. Gunna be a real mess of maturities, but at least I can say it established. This year it mattered what you seeded with. My old air seeder sucked to be frank. Never gone a month after seeding until a rain in my 28 years in this country.

Also, I seeded alfalfa on Thursday. Seeded it at sub quarter inch. The rain on Friday and Saturday means it will be the best establishment of footage I have had. My rye for grazing will take off. Seen lots of surface alfalfa’s and rye seeds termed with a root in moisture.

Very fortunate here.

Got me it was honestly the difference between crop insurance claim, and probably a decent crop.

Again, I hope for you all that it comes. I know too well what it is like watching and waiting out the year with poor prospects. Worst thing on a farmers phsyche and confidence.

Comment

I would like another 1.6 to fill ground up as roots are deep. Dtn says I might get that.

Reality early cereals yield is set and big crop gone even with groceries and 3 in rain.

Barley same.

Peas short not sure.

Late canola looks best now even. It’s all direct cut.

It’s 2020 planning as 2019 you can guess the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          I would like another 1.6 to fill ground up as roots are deep. Dtn says I might get that.

Reality early cereals yield is set and big crop gone even with groceries and 3 in rain.

Barley same.

Peas short not sure.

Late canola looks best now even. It’s all direct cut.

It’s 2020 planning as 2019 you can guess the outcome
                          From hero to zero, back to hero, 1.6 away from super hero!

What a country!!!

Comment

Are you that stupid or you open your mouth to catch flys.

1.6 would fill the ground up nice on top of what we got. We weren’t dire but needed soon a rain.

The big yields are gone 100 canola hahahahah or 80 wheat.

But haters hate. Must make you feel good with your comment. Big guy hey!

Comment

I believe there is a song called “It’s now or never”
                              Heard today there is Durum heading in the Radville area. SKF is correct the big whopper is ovwa. Neighbours have canola in early bolt, won’t be much there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.