• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is this rain to you....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=bucket;414282]Not a ****ing drop at 6pm today....

Nothing....[/QUOTE
    Nope here either

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Not a ****ing drop at 6pm today....

Nothing....
      Good heavens bucket. I hope you get something soon.
      Best of luck to you and the Apprentice.

We had two very contrasting years recently...2016 was very good here but we had a year that was quite poor even compared to normal let alone compared to 2016. Eye openers for my Apprentice...shows the extremes possible.

Little solace when your living the worst extreme.

Take care...

Comment

[QUOTE=caseih;414283]
        Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Not a ****ing drop at 6pm today....

Nothing....[/QUOTE
        Nope here either
        Don't look good caseih, forecast mainly clear tonight here, move that EVIL swirl east out of Manitoba and we both might get wet. It is keeping the rain stuck where it is! we get to see the clouds but they can't get here. Strange year? But has happened before many years, 2001 most recent. And the rain was STUCK here in 2010.

Comment

Have a buddy NW of Rosetown 3” and still pouring. Heavy Clay. Its a disaster now. I will post pictures

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
            Have a buddy NW of Rosetown 3” and still pouring. Heavy Clay. Its a disaster now. I will post pictures
            I see that system stuck there all day
            We had our biggest rain of the year .. 6/10
            But not sure if that big rain south is going to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
              Estimated rainfall last 24hrs.

Comment

Dick all here. Clouds stuck at Biggar and disappearing. We are in a dry bubble which cant get a break. Looks and sounds like Bucket in a similar situation. I saw wheat in our area 8 inches tall and in the shot blade. I cant believe how screwed the canola crops are. Those insanely priced drills cant do f all either if its dry it seems. Who would have thought. This isnt a small area. I was and hour northeast of here last night up into the Hepburn area. Terrible canola crops and other crops are less than half of normal I would say all the way there. Depressing drive actually.

Comment

Tomorrow the drought will be considered over....I wonder if that means climate change is done as well..?????..

You can't say droughts are caused by climate change and when they end suspiciously there will be another excuse to tax the shit out of us....

Comment

As far as oilseeds are concerned...

Would anyone plug a crop in on the 20th of June and expect much?

If a bunch germinates now, is there anyway it contributes to good quality quantity in any way? If anything, it might bring up quantity produced, but drags overall quality of the crop down? Im thinking a #1 just got harder to achieve for many.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
                      Dick all here. Clouds stuck at Biggar and disappearing. We are in a dry bubble which cant get a break. Looks and sounds like Bucket in a similar situation. I saw wheat in our area 8 inches tall and in the shot blade. I cant believe how screwed the canola crops are. Those insanely priced drills cant do f all either if its dry it seems. Who would have thought. This isnt a small area. I was and hour northeast of here last night up into the Hepburn area. Terrible canola crops and other crops are less than half of normal I would say all the way there. Depressing drive actually.
                      See the same Kelvington area today, canola hardly visible from the highway, a MONTH late if germs now. All kinds of drills and NONE are magic. $5000 airseeder crop just as good?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        As far as oilseeds are concerned...

Would anyone plug a crop in on the 20th of June and expect much?

If a bunch germinates now, is there anyway it contributes to good quality quantity in any way? If anything, it might bring up quantity produced, but drags overall quality of the crop down? Im thinking a #1 just got harder to achieve for many.
                        We seeded L230 june 19/2016
                        Year after the flood
                        Ground was hot and moist
                        Came up in 5 days , never looked back
                        Was a really good crop

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
                          Oh , but there will be a glut of canola

Comment

Not complaining, since we were wet to start with, and if we were to get the 4"+ inches that were forecast, it would not have been good, but hardly any rain today, even though the forecast was for heavy rain all day, and we were under a rainfall warning all day. Was sunny nearly all day, a few dark clouds rolled through, showered hard first thing this morning, even though the radar showed nothing, not sure how they got tht so wrong. Could have sprayed all day, if not for listening to the forecast. Still forecast for rain all night and into tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Not complaining, since we were wet to start with, and if we were to get the 4"+ inches that were forecast, it would not have been good, but hardly any rain today, even though the forecast was for heavy rain all day, and we were under a rainfall warning all day. Was sunny nearly all day, a few dark clouds rolled through, showered hard first thing this morning, even though the radar showed nothing, not sure how they got tht so wrong. Could have sprayed all day, if not for listening to the forecast. Still forecast for rain all night and into tomorrow.
                              The vast majority of the rain got stuck in the band south of here and refused to move anywhere .
                              Very weird

Comment

WHAT DID THE

Click image for larger version

Name:	722288-14597473406711524_origin.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	767392

GET?????,

Sorry SF3 I just couldn't help myself.
                                I think this should be your new Avatar

Comment