• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Event Totals.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Event Totals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	778430

Well, this was the total up to 8:00 pm last night on one gauge the farm weather station I haven't checked but is in line with this.

South of Town less and South of valley basically nothing all way to Regina. it was such a weird storm. On radar, I swear it started over the lakes and just slowly moved north East. Wave after wave from the valley on. Not downpours but nice slow then a bit hard, slow mist rain type day. Started around 1 with mist then all afternoon and into the night.

Not complaining at all just thank God it finally showed it can rain.

Total for the year 3 inches now
    (1 in April after snow and .4 May June combined up to last night). JD weather station says were wet 3 meters down. I guess now we need is just heat and maybe it will finally get this crop growing.

What did others get?

Name:	yLXLF3KgTday39aq7mMNDg.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	778431

.......no more complaining out of you!

Some people have seeds still laying in dry ground waiting.....

Attitude of gratitude! No matter what kind of horse shit hardship(related to farming) rears its head in the next while.

zero here, I MEAN ZERO!!!

Comment

big fat zero. Going to go reseed durum into my shoddy canola field. Better chance of that making it through this fd yr.

Comment

Zero on 2/3 rds of our crop
        1 to 2/10 on the rest .
        Wheat going backwards now
        Seen peas that are done east of here
        Knolls turning blue .
        Agronomist was out yesterday, broke her two hand spades .
        We have had light showers 6 out the past 10 days at times but it has done nothing.
        Our crop still hanging on but we are a week late now on useful rain

As far as totals , 1/2 our land base still below 1/2 in from Beginning of May . Some at .6 to .75 in total

Comment

2.5 tenths, total of 6.5 tenths since beginning of May

Comment

2/10’s since April 1/19

Comment

Seed into dust and you will go bust.

Comment

Saskfarmer Your total of 3 inches for the year so far is 2.7 inches More than some areas around here.

Lentils are Surrounded by big Cracks in the ground

Comment

Dribs and drabs barely enough to keep things hanging on!

There's still some hope here but I think potential is definitely eroding.

Let's see what the next one off the West Coast brings....

Name:	Screenshot_20190615-073258.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	767381

Comment

Nothing.....last moisture of significance was April 27, 2019..

That's 48 days...without a tenth....

Comment

I am not complaining boys this is a perfect rain for us. Crops are delayed and fall frost could be an issue, but an open fall and who knows.

If this is like 1980 it froze I think. #3 Wheat.

What is totally weird is how it started after the valley and just slowly wave after wave moved NE.

This is what they call a Billion Dollar Rain event.

Most models showed a weird area from the north end of long lake down to USA border and East to Melville for the heaviest. It was sort of from Dysart then East and North.

Again weather models are wrong for totals etc.

But Drew is correct we need moisture in the atmosphere to create more moisture events.

Today and next week now look wet for Farm Progress show. WED Thursday FRIDAY.

Time will tell but still could help if others get. Some crops are past the point of no return.

Its rain and its like Lotto max you pay for the weather service and some times you hit and most you don't.

I'm hoping the rest of you get rain. One good general province-wide rain.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Nothing.....last moisture of significance was April 27, 2019..

That's 48 days...without a tenth....
                        Terrible to hear Bucket
                        I am hearing guys spraying er our and calling it a year ?
                        It gets to a point .
                        If we see no significant rain here ASAP it will not be good either .
                        Seeing lots of heavy crop injury the past few days from herbicides.... the crop is in severe stress right now . Frost on Monday did not help .

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                          Saskfarmer Your total of 3 inches for the year so far is 2.7 inches More than some areas around here.
                          If it doesn't rain along the chain lakes then we should all pack it in. That little corridor Regina-FtQ and NE is super reliable for rain fall. Water seems to attack water.

Comment

I agree Furrow the Frost did not help at all. Bucket I hope a rain event builds and gets your farm. I just can't figure out why it's not making the news this drought worldwide. Russia has similar issues. Why no coverage.

Games.

One or two guys reseeded Canola ground to Barley last week to West and North West of us. Said piss on Canola. 600 to 1200 acres.

Comment

Nothing to about 3 tenths. But the 3 tenths is just slowing the dust from blowing. Lots of canola not germinated. Wheat barley canary not tillering. Peas one more week and no rain she’s over. Going to be switching to glyphosate across the board.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...