• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Event Totals.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole week looks like a rain event. By the end of it, SF may be cursing the rain (not that we’ve heard that before). Radar shows system stalled right over #6 highway for some time. Certain areas are perennial rain attractors but here the Regina Block rules. Damn the Block!
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Jun 15, 2019, 10:48. Reason: Might offend SF3

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      According to Austranada my crops have had more glyphosate than rain this year. So far just slightly over a tenth since April 1.
      When rainfall is measured gal/acre its never good...

There are always those areas that get the rain. If your in the black soil zone the odds are in your favour. In the brown zone the odds are stacked against you. Just how she goes.

Comment

1.75 and counting!!!

https://ibb.co/Lr8490N

https://ibb.co/d7jRwS6

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
          I guess Toronto won't be the only ones holding a parade on Monday. Agrivillers will also holding one to celebrate SK3 getting 2 inches of rain.

Just couldn't keep it to yourself eh!
          Puzzles me why you would start this shit.

Comment

Its from the leftover attitude from the dark days of sask .
            Stiill lots of stragglers that cant let go of that jealousy , hate to see anyone get ahead ,attitude that afflicted this province all through the dark oarnge period
            Lucky old sf3 , and dont forget the type of soil he has according to farma lol
            Good on you guys that got the rain !
            Time for sprayer ruts

Comment

Looks like finally a rain trough moving over us
              Hopefully get something
              Water in fields a bit east of me , sprayer still going just SW kickin dust .

Comment

Goodtime

"Puzzles me why you would start this shit.{"

Because not everybody is getting rain, and many are suffering plain and simple. I'll ask you Goodtime, how come I never see you start a thread bragging how much rain your getting or complaining that not your getting enough. It's the same old story every growing season with him at the end of the day SK3 is posting his bumper crop pictures at harvest time. Very hard to believe a guy who cries wolf constantly.

Case

Not from Sask, farmed my entire life in Manitoba. I guess in our province we're more humble and a little sympathetic to our fellow farmer.

As for being jealous of other farmers or people succeeding in business or life, never been a problem of mine. It's great to see fellow Canadians succeeding, do you feel the same way Case?

Comment

Still waiting here.

Comment

1.5 total. Thankful, but sad for those who need it.

Comment

Mother Nature making winners and losers.

In alot of cases everyone's efforts are nearly equal, but results can vary widely.

The sky closed in on the wrap around and dropped only a tenth. Those low slung solid grey clouds I talked of yesterday. Yesterday , as mentioned everything developed in a north south line just east of us.

Soil classes, they are what they are for a reason. On a more defined soil map I saw we were in a narrow zone called moist dark brown on the fringe of what would probably be considered "thin" black....lines need to be drawn somewhere and are probably open to debate. The reason I bring this up is because I've stated before that moisture here can easily go either way...adequate or deficient, seldom overly excessive. We win some we lose some.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        We win some we lose some.
                        That's not bad... see here in the garden of eden, we win rarely, and lose often.

Land values and cash rents used to reflect that, and if you minded your dollars and cents you could make a go of things.

It's gone full retard here now

Comment

That said, 4/10ths over two showers/days... itll keep the recently germinated mustard alive long enough to get rooted into moisture hopefully.

Comment

Forage you missing a screw up stairs.

Go back and read when all of you were laughing let the good times roll I was posting were flooded and losing ground. You laughed and posted with grass it can’t be that wet.

So if I post for 15 years we’re flooded and got byit was ok. But when I post we got rain in a dry year it’s bad. I always said we’re at a cross roads for Montana lows gearing up and lots of rain or from Edmonton south and once around then north end of long lake they come to valley and move east.

It’s years of watching storms or rain events.

But like case said it’s the old sask attitude always take guys down to your level because it makes you feel better.

Not rubbing our rain event in any ones face.

Look at the maps and most had us for rain and heavy.

It happened big deal.

It’s canada and this idea we always have to get big huge yields over and over is total bullshit. Some times it’s back to dry and some times it’s back to flooding.

So yes I said I hope everyone gets a three day rain.

That you don’t read.
                            Why would you it’s easier to cut down some one and take them to your level.

F$&k at the way this year is going big deal if it has potential for big yields it could freeze and your crap insurance will pay you more than our crop will give.

Always two sides.

But it’s farming.
                            Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jun 15, 2019, 21:12.

Comment

This crop is far from being saved....an inch in mid June is required to maintain a normal crop......and this is far from normal....

Comment

Zero rain at farm this isn’t good ! Hopefully next week I guess!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.