• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Event Totals.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    I agree Furrow the Frost did not help at all. Bucket I hope a rain event builds and gets your farm. I just can't figure out why it's not making the news this drought worldwide. Russia has similar issues. Why no coverage.

Games.

One or two guys reseeded Canola ground to Barley last week to West and North West of us. Said piss on Canola. 600 to 1200 acres.
    I went with a customer yesterday, seen some very weird frost damage NE of here. Some fields hit hard , others barely touched side by side . High area scorched , low areas untouched. The cold air seemed to stay just above ground level in most areas . But where it settled down it froze hard.
    They had some soil moisture in the worst hit areas so there is recovery on most plants and they did get rains last night through that whole area.
    But the have lost 7-10 days maturity.
    Lots of reseeding in certain pockets here
    The beetles raised hell in certain fields and certain canola. But most issues by far are canola on canola where guys never sprayed ASAP . So it is what it is .....

Comment

Forgot to mention there is so much Chem damage from neighbors spraying each other it’s unreal didn’t think it could get worse than last year but it has. Booms 3 feet in the air 30 to 50 km winds and the guy doesn’t spray one pass against another guys canola and he’s spraying wheat the spray is going a mile you can see it smell it. There has to be some tougher laws.

Comment

we are in a weird spot here. So some guys around Regina and the province got lucky rains and should be able to carry on to near potential. Other guys have nothing and are going to spray it out or bale it I guess. I am told there is like zero hay.

But now here we are in the half crop zone. Looks like 20-25 bu across the board if it stays like this. Some guys got their canola going in heavy wheat stubble but thats going to looking for a drink pretty soon.

Comment

Oh, this info I got last week, one Dairy and a larger cattle guy sent back all Liberty spray. They both will silage the whole crop. Cows rule. Crops don't.

Oh, one other tidbit of Info.

Look for a company that sells nice heavy equipment being potentially bought by a blue company.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Zero on 2/3 rds of our crop
            1 to 2/10 on the rest .
            Wheat going backwards now
            Seen peas that are done east of here
            Knolls turning blue .
            Agronomist was out yesterday, broke her two hand spades .
            We have had light showers 6 out the past 10 days at times but it has done nothing.
            Our crop still hanging on but we are a week late now on useful rain

As far as totals , 1/2 our land base still below 1/2 in from Beginning of May . Some at .6 to .75 in total
            Seen fields of peas turning blue here too on the knolls. The midslope won’t fare much better. Early wheat going to suffer same fate. Canola the wildcard it can do mysterious things, but like 2013 it shut the tap off completely once the pattern was set. Plan for the worst, hope for the best, thats how we’ve managed here over the years.

Comment

Half inch here that I am thankful for. That will help for a few days.

Comment

2 inch total so far. Fastest trip to the farm in a while. Yes, thank you Baby Jesus.

The storm is wrapping around and coming back but not as strong.

Comment

8.0 mm or 3.2 tenths.

Comment

I guess Toronto won't be the only ones holding a parade on Monday. Agrivillers will also holding one to celebrate SK3 getting 2 inches of rain.

Just couldn't keep it to yourself eh!

Comment

I thought my rain guage might have a leak, pressure tested it with my breath. Nope

Maybe if I leave some power tools outside or leave some bin lids open, I will finally get some.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jun 15, 2019, 09:48.

Comment

Only 1.5 tenths..gravel still dry..drops so small..you don't even get wet standing out there..

Comment

Getting a welcome rain here now. Going to be messy sorting off yearlings this afternoon. Phase 1 of de-stocking. The rain is too little, too late for the grass. Hopefully it keeps coming and we can still make a corn crop.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            I thought my rain guage might have a leak, pressure tested it with my breath. Nope

Maybe if I leave some power tools outside or leave some bin lids open, I will finally get some.
                            The only way for gauranteed rain is to start farming beside SF3........

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                              The only way for gauranteed rain is to start farming beside SF3........
                              Well HIS prayers were heard? …. Get off your knees SF3 or it might not stop raining and you could HOG it all summer. Happened here in 2010.

Comment

According to Austranada my crops have had more glyphosate than rain this year. So far just slightly over a tenth since April 1.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.