Let the Rain Games Begin.

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Let the Rain Games Begin.

SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 04:47 1 Ah, how I love this time of year. You look to the sky and wonder WTF is going on Clear as a bell. But you can hardly stand up straight because at this time of year the wind is howling so hard it almost knocks you over.

Dust is in your eyes ears and looks like you have been doing SMF on an open tractor from the 70s.

Well, the next two to three days will tell if most have a crop that will make something. (I don't give a rats ass if the JD weather station says you have 3 meters of available moisture)

In a wet cycle Rain makes mud but once we turn the corner into a drought cycle Rain makes Grain.

So like Tuesdays lotto Max (65Mill) who will get the rain and who will get skunked because like Learner said last night the weather models always exaggerate the number of rain that's coming.

We were slated for 3.5 In of moisture for most of the week.

Who wants to be that will equal only about maybe an inch or less.

Its a computer model and like all models (climate change) I don't think its that accurate of a science.

So like Lotto max, we all pay our $6.00 and hope ( i don't care if you have millions you can't make 65 million for 6 bucks on your investments).

Good luck to all in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba.

May the rain gods shine upon us.

Happy Friday. Reply With Quote
Jun 14, 2019 | 06:08 2 We had an excellent system come in from the NW last night . The set up was right , Lloydminster got heavy shot , was coming right down HWY16........ then it completely just dissipated west of here . It was disheartening to see again Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 14, 2019 | 06:20 3 Each day that goes by I get a little bit less enthused or concerned whether or not it rains because each day missed it matters less crop wise. Our crop is pretty much done. I do hope for the livestock guys at least and water for dugouts etc. It does rain. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 06:27 4 To think the possibility all of SK crop could be a write off if serious amounts of rain doesn’t soon come. This is just hard to fathom.
    Maybe the term “write off” is to the extreme, but for all of the province to be in the situation where it’s now or never is scarey. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 06:36 5
    Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
    Each day that goes by I get a little bit less enthused or concerned whether or not it rains because each day missed it matters less crop wise. Our crop is pretty much done. I do hope for the livestock guys at least and water for dugouts etc. It does rain.
    There is still hope and potential in the Slum of the Ghetto.
    ....and I'm not delusional either. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 06:44 6 we managed to get 3 tenths , really odd here , since the snow went we have had 4 rains , all 2 or 3 tenths . seems to be our limit . doesn't do a lot but still thankful and hopeful Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 06:52 7 The showers seem to dissipate on their way here, not intensify. Hopefully over the next two days that changes.

We are halfway through our monsoon month and it hasn't been very fruitful. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 14, 2019 | 07:08 8 We got just 1 tenth yesterday and now i see most of the rain is out of the forecast. There is still time here to get a decent crop but rain would have to come soon.

Caseih you seem to get about double the rain we get! Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 07:09 9
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    We got just 1 tenth yesterday and now i see most of the rain is out of the forecast. There is still time here to get a decent crop but rain would have to come soon.

Caseih you seem to get about double the rain we get!
    thats strange , came by your place about 8 , thought you were getting more Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 07:11 10 It's a sick looking situation around this area. Canola looks to be in for a wreck. I haven't seen one field that has decent germ. Some fields look like they were seeded yesterday. Even if it rains soon what will become of it. It's too fricking late. Most cereal crops had decent germ and are hanging on but that's going to start changing soon. Peas are in trouble too. Most were seeded first and I'm afraid are going to put a flower on top and call it quits. We cant get a rain over about 1.5 tenths. Hay was done long ago and pastures are not far behind. The neighbor started spraying for hoppers this week on light land. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 07:11 11 Gentlemen....clean out your rain gauges!
    Name:  WP_000804.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  105.4 KB Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 07:16 12 Skunked yesterday, it was coming and looked like it was building, came by the north end of the lake and just evaporated.

Ah farming sucks Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 07:16 13
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    Gentlemen....clean out your rain gauges!
    Name:  WP_000804.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  105.4 KB
    Ours cracked because they are so dry!

But seriously, it could be alot worse here.

How long could things hang on though? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 07:18 14 If it doesn’t rain it will start heading and flowering next week. Then it’s game set match Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 14, 2019 | 07:24 15

Got mine set up yesterday 👍👍 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 08:45 16 Yea we’re right on the edge or centre. Wanna bet not even close to any? Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 11:13 17 Humidity at 67% at 11:10 a.m......maybe we're in for something and the clouds won't dry out before they get here. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 13:21 18
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    we managed to get 3 tenths , really odd here , since the snow went we have had 4 rains , all 2 or 3 tenths . seems to be our limit . doesn't do a lot but still thankful and hopeful
    I lied
    Mom had checked rain gauge and cant see that well
    Really only 1 tenth
    Spraying by 9 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• GDR
    Jun 14, 2019 | 13:37 19 Getting some good showers central AB. Grass perking up a lot, will help, too late for older stands but we will take it. About 2 1/2 inches last 10 days, would like to turn the tap off for a week or so to do some spraying but forcast looking wet now. Same old story, one extreme to another. Hope the areas still needing some get some.

Sprayed a quarter of peas with viper yesterday, got it washed off in a 10 minute downpour, that sucks. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 14:18 20
    Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Getting some good showers central AB. Grass perking up a lot, will help, too late for older stands but we will take it. About 2 1/2 inches last 10 days, would like to turn the tap off for a week or so to do some spraying but forcast looking wet now. Same old story, one extreme to another. Hope the areas still needing some get some.

Sprayed a quarter of peas with viper yesterday, got it washed off in a 10 minute downpour, that sucks.
    Send er east , getting very desperate here now Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 14, 2019 | 15:39 21 Looks like a promising week. Keep your chin up.

farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 19:11 22 Well so far everything has developed in a slight tilted north south line east of us. Everything seems to be shower or thunder shower related. I was kinda expecting/hoping for one of those low slung low pressure systems, so low you could almost reach up and touch the solid grey clouds, and just have it sock itself in and rain. Doesn't seem to be that type of system.....more of a rain lottery low.

Skunked do far. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 19:23 23 We finally scored. Been raining for several hours now. I would estimate half an inch. Hope you all who need get a shot too. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 19:57 24 Under some color on the radar all day. I could spit more Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 20:24 25 I am hoping Big Lentil’s mapmaterializes cause nuttin here yet. Was going to have a big party to celebrate but waiting for the big rain. I think it is coming soon. Need an Idaho low with a heavy dump switch. 🍀 Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 20:48 26 On the weathernetwork TV station they mentioned 50-75 mm came down with hail SE of Francis, SK.

Have to question everything they report though. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 21:02 27
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    Long neck Ice Cold Beers have never let me down !

# DROUGHT2019 !
    Good song... but right now im hoping to get hit by a hurricane Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 14, 2019 | 21:12 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    On the weathernetwork TV station they mentioned 50-75 mm came down with hail SE of Francis, SK.

Have to question everything they report though.
    That's not far ftom here.....could have been, the cell looked pretty dark from my vantage point and the illustrious radar looked pretty intense too.

Tough for me knowing it's so close yet too far!

This fucking farming racket is like playing the lottery.

I'm moving to the Garden of Eden, the land of 4 leaf clovers and horse shoes, right beside SF3......, unless my Slum of the Ghetto Bad Luck Schleprock luck follows me and I curse the whole fucken area!

I'm going to end this post on a positive tone...."you never know what worse luck my bad luck saved me from"!!!!!

My glass is less than half empty, time for a refill. Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 21:18 29 We are heavy dark low cloud cover and its raining very lightly. At this rate I am not sure we would get a half inch even if it rained all night.

The birds seem happy! Reply With Quote
    Jun 14, 2019 | 21:33 30 Fingers crossed here tonight. Radar looks promising. I've been here for 30 years with my dad and now just me and I've never seen too dry in this area. We need rain. Been too fucking wet more times than I can count recently. Parkland Manitoba region. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like