• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APAS made the ask for help....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APAS made the ask for help....

Saskatchewan’s general farm organization is calling for immediate government action to help the province’s farmers and ranchers cope with drought.

How about every farmer gets 40 bucks an acre a year like the irrigation districts....

If we get this rain this weekend, I personally will not need 40 bucks an acre. Even if not, I have good coverage and spent within my means on this crop. I worry about how they will decide who gets the money and who doesn’t?

Not meaning I’ll towards you, my friend, I just am thinking aloud how we can find clarity in who is the recipient.

Can’t go by rainfall, we have had diddly, but we started with excellent full soil. Maybe actual inspections? If my land was lighter, I would be in real trouble.

Comment

Every major irrigation district is receiving 40 bucks an acre. ....

While dryland farmers get sfa....and cattlemen even less....

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        If we get this rain this weekend, I personally will not need 40 bucks an acre. Even if not, I have good coverage and spent within my means on this crop. I worry about how they will decide who gets the money and who doesn’t?

Not meaning I’ll towards you, my friend, I just am thinking aloud how we can find clarity in who is the recipient.

Can’t go by rainfall, we have had diddly, but we started with excellent full soil. Maybe actual inspections? If my land was lighter, I would be in real trouble.
        Hahaha....shit. this is why farmers are never going to be taken seriously. Your worried that someone who is a "big" farmer might get some cash out of it.
        Whatever.

Comment

Take the money and give it to the kids or buy a new truck.
          Don't piss it away on farm inputs..

Comment

Everything is relative, as long as I get my share I don't care if someone gets four or six times as much as me as long as they are 4 to 6 times bigger than me.

If and when something gets paid out, the question is based on what?

Flat acreage payment?
            Based on Crap Insurance data?
            AgStab data?
            How much money is in your AgInvest account, if any?
            How well your "connected" to people in high places?
            Income/Expense statements combined with net worth, balance sheet and income tax returns.

It probably will never happen anyway.

Comment

Flat acreage payment no fkg around.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                Hahaha....shit. this is why farmers are never going to be taken seriously. Your worried that someone who is a "big" farmer might get some cash out of it.
                Whatever.
                No. I am worried those with fine crops are going to get an ad hoc. Big farmer? Where did I say that? I am the smallest farm on this site, and I said I don’t need an ad hoc payment.

Wow, talk about stretching my words.
                Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 13, 2019, 19:22.

Comment

You guys have to remember for the irrigator to get water to their quarter line.....it cost 5000 an irrigated acre...all paid by the taxpayer.....then they handed the infrastructure over free gratis....and taxpayers are still on the hook for 40 bucks an acre....

Nice hey? ?????

Comment

You guys are dreaming in technicolour if you think Minister Bobo is going to go to bat against slick Willy, Climatebarbie and Sock Boy to get you 5 cents an acre. Fat Ralph is your only hope and the only reason he's on your side is his ass is grass if he doesn't at least ask. This bunch of asshats couldn't care less about drought, if they even know what a drought is.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                      You guys are dreaming in technicolour if you think Minister Bobo is going to go to bat against slick Willy, Climatebarbie and Sock Boy to get you 5 cents an acre. Fat Ralph is your only hope and the only reason he's on your side is his ass is grass if he doesn't at least ask. This bunch of asshats couldn't care less about drought, if they even know what a drought is.
                      Can you please get the conservative MPs and our provincial sask party list of of mla s that have asked? If not fk m. Vote in the ndp one term and we d never again as farmers have to beg them or make them aware we control them.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Vote in the ndp one term and we d never again as farmers have to beg them or make them aware we control them.
                        A union might have told you to do that but you might want to google LEAP MANIFESTO before you do that. 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          A union might have told you to do that but you might want to google LEAP MANIFESTO before you do that. 🙈
                          I don’t need any bullshit propaganda from either extreme left or right. Has your mla or mp even declared an emergency situation? Have they acknowledged the programs are a joke? Well actually they have acknowledged the programs are a joke but please apply anyway is the best idea they have? The real joke is that you think your actually getting represented by these dorks any more than if the other side were in.

Our premier again was crying for the oil industry yesterday never mentioned a *** word about what’s happenning to farmers and rural towns.

Comment

yea our mla hasn't mentioned anything at all . someone running against him in the nomination , so he has come to life after 8 or so years of hibernation. he has bigger fish to fry , like his own survival . whoever wins the nomination here is an automatic mla . even if it was a chicken or a duck
                            in all fairness our mp has been making a lot of noise ,i know a lot of you said you don't like him but , i know him personally and he does care .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.