• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arctic Is Melting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic Is Melting

See for yourself

Click image for larger version

Name:	arctic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	778422

And the Media is full of tax payers money to shut up about it

Comment

So gust what is that photo supose to show??? I dont think they said it is gone just melting,lets see an over lay of where it was 10/20/50 yr ago, then comment!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
        So gust what is that photo supose to show??? I dont think they said it is gone just melting,lets see an over lay of where it was 10/20/50 yr ago, then comment!!
        Its just about the summer solstice and I would venture a guess to say that ice pack looks to be at its maximum extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
          Wow, you better settle down. Dont EVER question the global warming, if you do you will be hammered by exclamation points

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Its just about the summer solstice and I would venture a guess to say that ice pack looks to be at its maximum extent.
            Yeah, but to be fair, surface/water temperature never reach their max or min at either solstice. Typically 1-2 months afterwards.

Now if that map were taken July 12, then that would be quite the change from normal.

Hudson Bay usually has 65% ice coverage on June 15th and it quickly drops from there.

I give shit less about the warming/cooling debate. When Ma Nature wants to clean the slate she will mix up a plate of C. difficile with a dash of HIV and a sprinkle of TB and get rid of us all pretty ****ing quick.

Either that or an asteroid. Actually a mini-asteroid that wipes out about one whole continent would probably be good right about now, really bring things back into perspective in the world. Haven't had one of those wake-ups since 1962. Liberals can't blame an asteroid on 'climate change'.

Comment

Instead of posting crap from a flat earth activist site that is nothing but a lie, why not pay more attention to a world class scientific organization that uses actual science and data? No doubt you will come up with a lame excuse why the US based National Snow and Ice Data Center and NASA are wrong. LOL

https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

Name:	Figure3-350x270.jpg
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	767373

"Overall, sea ice extent during May 2019 decreased by 1.49 million square kilometers (575,300 square miles). This was fairly close to the 1981 to 2010 average loss for the month. The linear rate of sea ice decline for May from 1979 to 2019 is 36,400 square kilometers (14,100 square miles) per year, or 2.74 percent per decade relative to the 1981 to 2010 average."

Comment

"Instead of posting crap from a flat earth activist site that is nothing but a lie, why not pay more attention to a world class scientific organization that uses actual science and data? "

Ya instead post doctored, adjusted, made up shit from those in the CULT..all knowing, infallible to the hundredth of a degree years into the future!

Comment

Whats the lie? thats a satellite photo from 3 days ago. Looks to be lots of ice. The models who said artic ice is disappearing have open water through the NW passage along our north coast. Clearly that channel is all ice. You cant see any bare ground or even make out the islands up there. Now we know where our frosty mornings are coming from.

Here are max and mins be decade. Looks to be right in the middle of the pack.

Name:	20170429_fbm967.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	767374
                  Last edited by jazz; Jun 13, 2019, 07:39.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    Instead of posting crap from a flat earth activist site that is nothing but a lie, why not pay more attention to a world class scientific organization that uses actual science and data? No doubt you will come up with a lame excuse why the US based National Snow and Ice Data Center and NASA are wrong. LOL

https://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

[ATTACH]4374[/ATTACH]

"Overall, sea ice extent during May 2019 decreased by 1.49 million square kilometers (575,300 square miles). This was fairly close to the 1981 to 2010 average loss for the month. The linear rate of sea ice decline for May from 1979 to 2019 is 36,400 square kilometers (14,100 square miles) per year, or 2.74 percent per decade relative to the 1981 to 2010 average."
                    Thanks Chuck for our daily dose of good news. This site is getting very depressing with all the bad news lately, but you can be counted on to to offer soothing words with a positive message, looks like the next ice age has been postponed at least another year. Now back to worrying about other things for the rest of the day. You are a beacon of hope in a sea of despair.

Comment

I don't know why people expect dramatic examples of what climate change is doing.

Both my graphic and the other graphic show long term ice decline trends. The trends are what is important not any particular month in one year because there is variability.

This is a relatively slow process as it takes along time and a lot of energy to warm up water and melt ice. Most of the worlds temperature increases have been absorbed by the oceans.

Much of the arctic is warming up relatively fast.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Thanks Chuck for our daily dose of good news. This site is getting very depressing with all the bad news lately, but you can be counted on to to offer soothing words with a positive message, looks like the next ice age has been postponed at least another year. Now back to worrying about other things for the rest of the day. You are a beacon of hope in a sea of despair.
                        If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

Make a point and back it up with credible evidence. That is all I ask. Then we can discuss your mental state.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          Most of the worlds temperature increases have been absorbed by the oceans.
                          Could you please back that statement up with facts? Now that we have enough years of accurate data, most of the alarmists have abandoned the physically and mathematically impossible claims that the oceans could be used to explain the ongoing pause in global warming. Please try to keep up.

Comment

So much BS Chuck - wake up!

Comment

My My all these climatoligsts with all the answers wasting there time farming where they have no answers no the problems of ag,except the rent is to high.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...