• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray before or after

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray before or after

Now crop is stressed..so chem will hurt it.
    IF it rains crop will jump up and grow like crazy..so spraying then the crop will suck in chem at a high rate and turn yellow anyway??
    Had that scenario in the wet yrs..
    So we screwed either way?
    What you think?

Haven’t sprayed an acre and won’t be unless we get those 4 inches next wk.
    I’m going to be an organic farmer this year!!

Comment

Weeds are the least of my concern this yr. Without some growth there is no reason to spray that crop.

Comment

Would spray after. If there's any amount of rain there will be a new flush of weeds. Don't think the crops will be able to get away, they're too stressed. And, if it doesn't rain, it doesn't matter

Comment

Billy Bob says spray it all....lmao...
          Last edited by bucket; Jun 12, 2019, 12:26.

Comment

How weedy is it? I know over here, I hardly have weeds. And for the most part, at least in cereals, they are well ahead of any flush that will come after the rain. I am thinking basic mcpa on cereals. Once the crop is so far ahead of weeds, competition is minimal. Depends how worried you are about adding the few weed seeds into the seed bank? Herbicide even needed this year?

Regarding before or after rain. If it is ready, I would do it now, but you sound moisture stressed over there. Here we are ok for a bit. Lighter rate after rain? It is not like you are going to wait for weed emergence after rain, are you?
            Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 12, 2019, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Billy Bob says say it all....lmao...
              "Twice", that's spray it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Now crop is stressed..so chem will hurt it.
                IF it rains crop will jump up and grow like crazy..so spraying then the crop will suck in chem at a high rate and turn yellow anyway??
                Had that scenario in the wet yrs..
                So we screwed either way?
                What you think?
                Canola , wheat , peas ?? Which crop ?

Comment

Don’t forget the fungicide for those 4 inches. Pour it on will make ruts in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Canola , wheat , peas ?? Which crop ?
                    Mostly canola.
                    IF no rain..what ever weeds are taking valuable moisture.
                    Had ugly hail storm a few yrs ago and those fields have mega weeds even now..
                    Very few have sprayed any thing..

Comment

I personally would keep canola clean if you can . It will hang on a lot longer

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Don’t forget the fungicide for those 4 inches. Pour it on will make ruts in the field.
                        Research has shown a yield benefit on a dry year with a fungicide. Don’t you read your mail when they all send out the yield charts??😂

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                          Research has shown a yield benefit on a dry year with a fungicide. Don’t you read your mail when they all send out the yield charts??😂
                          Anything for a sale. Fungicides are the furthest thing from my mind right now. By the way, who do you think is ultimately paying for those fungicide ads? There might be areas of Western Canada that might benefit from a fungi app....but I bet the area that wouldn't is remarkably bigger than those that would.

Another thing that drives me nuts is the supposed pesticide price difference between the U.S. and Canada....I may be grumpy for nothing because my info is based on hearsay....not experience.

Would be nice to have some American farmers on this site to compare notes with.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                            Absolutely put her all in the bigger the bill the bigger the agristabikity. Do like some put it in the shed for next year maybe??? Hahahahaha

Bumper crop guaranteed I read that somewhere also!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...