• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bethune Radar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bethune Radar

So.... Does anyone know, what’s the deal with that radar?

New equipment coming. Some kind of temporary radar set up. Not always available
    https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/weather-general-tools-resources/radar-overview/outages-maintenance.html https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/weather-general-tools-resources/radar-overview/outages-maintenance.html

Regarding the new equipment online at Radisson. It really has to be adjusted. It is showing precip when there is none. Useless

Comment

Radisson went offline. I feel better already...

Comment

Thought it was all new last year ! must be Chinese junk!

Comment

Agree 💯, Radison radar is a joke .

Comment

Like 101 says...radar shows we are supposed to be getting rain at the moment...no rain hitting the ground here. Is the distance perception off or is it just that ****ed up?

The way you guys talk about the upgraded Radisson station....it doesnt give much hope for better service when Bethune gets upgraded.

Oh...I spoke too soon...its spitting here now!

Comment

Ooooo.

Comment

No No No it’s fake radar. Nothing but odd drop

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Like 101 says...radar shows we are supposed to be getting rain at the moment...no rain hitting the ground here. Is the distance perception off or is it just that ****ed up?

The way you guys talk about the upgraded Radisson station....it doesnt give much hope for better service when Bethune gets upgraded.

Oh...I spoke too soon...its spitting here now!
                  I have found the Radisson radar quite accurate. The first year it was upgraded it had a lot of clutter but that seems ok now. Nothing new though to see the clouds disappear as they get closer to my farm.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Ooooo.
                    6 drops is a rain event these days.

Comment

101 you are absolutely right
                      Supposed storm passed right over me on radar. 2 days ago

Showed blue/green rain , not a drop made it to the ground.
                      Anywhere around.

Probably a good thing .
                      Because , if it shows a storm somewhere else.
                      We can assume they never got any
                      Either.

Comment

Recently, there have been articles in the news of how 5G telecommunications could interrupt climate patterns, and that*weather forecast models could become confused since the 5G frequencies mimic water vapor which would then make it very challenging for an average weather model to detect which signal in the atmosphere is normal and which one is artificial. Fortunately, we*at AFC have a way around this, but it could complicate things moving forward as we see more conflicts in modeling, especially since rainfall patterns could be affected by the 5G frequencies at the electromagnetic level. In the news, NOAA and other agencies*are meeting with government leaders to discuss this problem.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjVuNmwrOXiAhXBM d8KHUwgBGEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theg uardian.com%2Fworld%2F2019%2Fmay%2F04%2F5g-mobile-networks-threat-to-world-weather-forecasting&psig=AOvVaw1-ml-QLcbEh25P2GhhZfr4&ust=1560477111804573

I doubt it'll get worse. When you're wrong 90% off the time, only political polling has a worse track record
                        Last edited by macdon02; Jun 12, 2019, 19:55.

Comment

Just going to say the US and China have been working with weather modification for a few decades ....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Just going to say the US and China have been working with weather modification for a few decades ....
                            https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a333462.pdf

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...