• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lift axel permit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lift axel permit

Today my son was hauling peas and he got pulled over by the DOTs he was told that we need a permit for having lift axels on our superbees he did not get a ticket but did get a warning, I have never heard of such a thing. I am confused why we would need such a thing.

I guess I shouldn't be so cynical, but why change now. The DOT probably couldn't find anything else to intimidate him with so he made this up? There could be a legitimate reason but I don't know it.

Put badges and uniforms on some people in authority and it goes to their head.

Comment

I’m thinking there are lots of new dots

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
        I’m thinking there are lots of new dots
        not way up here , no one will move here apparently
        last i heard they had one

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
          Today my son was hauling peas and he got pulled over by the DOTs he was told that we need a permit for having lift axels on our superbees he did not get a ticket but did get a warning, I have never heard of such a thing. I am confused why we would need such a thing.
          Heard about it... I've never seen it enforced.

Nobody does it anymore, but legally you're supposed to also buy a "3rd axle(TAC)" permit to allow you to pull 24000kg on the bridge of a super B on secondary highways and municipal grids in AB. If caught, you're only legal to be at 17,000kg on the bridge. Permit costs $5 or $15... it's never stand up as reasonable in court.

Comment

Have had lift axles on SB for nine years, been thru the scales countless times and never heard mention of this.
            A common sense revolution is overdue in this province and country. The last thing we need are more rules, more government, more taxes, more anything.
            Except maybe more road repairing. Highways are so f$&king rough that after a day of grain hauling you feel like you been in an old western bar brawl. Highway 16 - busiest in SK - and it is torturous rough.
            And they are going to even ask if you have a permit for lifts?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...