Rain on the 15th????

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Rain on the 15th????

Jun 11, 2019 | 07:48 1 Will it materialize?...Lerner says spotty showers...

Here is hoping....most of mine is still in dry dirt ...a very late start....more than likely greenfeed... Reply With Quote
Jun 11, 2019 | 07:55 2 Accuweather .... 22 sunny and pleasant.

Weather Network... 22 BUT 40% of 1mm

All the rest around 22-25 NO RAIN

These are all for the 15th.

WE ARE FLUCKERED!!!!!

It’s time to face reality, have your sprayers ready for a second burnoff. There could be a shortage of glyphosate, better book NOW. Reply With Quote
Partners's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 08:04 3 Chance of rain for the weekend for us..lol..chance every weekend for the last 2 months..
Just keep repeating the same forecast..
What a easy job they have.. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 11, 2019 | 08:18 4 How many nice sunny weekends does a saskparty politician have to have before he realizes there is a problem??????

Make the multi billion dollar ask for Agri-recovery already....what is wrong with you people in Regina????? Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 08:22 5 I think the 40-60 cost sharing split is the problem!

Or it's political and they want the Sheer Conservatives to be the ones to "show us the money". Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 08:25 6
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    How many nice sunny weekends does a saskparty politician have to have before he realizes there is a problem??????

Make the multi billion dollar ask for Agri-recovery already....what is wrong with you people in Regina?????
    Well don’t you know they’d have to pay us. Back
    A small amount they’ve been draining the farming community to pay for stadium, low oil royalties,
    Irrigation,but I must say at least we have a global trade Hub in the middle of the orairies. Lmao!!!! Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 08:28 7
    Quote Originally Posted by the big wheel View Post
    Well don’t you know they’d have to pay us. Back
    A small amount they’ve been draining the farming community to pay for stadium, low oil royalties,
    Irrigation,but I must say at least we have a global trade Hub in the middle of the orairies. Lmao!!!!
    Not sure how they find the money for 40 bucks an acre for district irrigators to guarantee a crop while the rest of us dryland farmers get to pay for it and get SFA for support...

And the irrigators yields will be off as well....

150000 acres at 40 bucks for 5 years for no more than 50 farmers....you do the math... Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 08:53 8 Some people are about to get a hard lesson farming in western canada. Especially cocky young uns, investors, seed companies, banks and foreign farmers. I have seen some crazy aggressive moves around me in the past few yrs. Who goes and buys 5 million dollars in land at once? Who rents 10,000 acres but owns none? Who basically has farmers edge in their field every day advising them what to throw down next? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• farmaholic's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 09:00 9 The party is just starting! Nothing but fun, frivolity and good times ahead....party on. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 11, 2019 | 09:32 10 Prairie Weather Watch... Forecasts this morning call for rain in much of Saskatchewan for later this week. Some showers around overnight in central/eastern Saskatchewan. Alberta and Manitoba mostly sunny and near seasonal, with the prospects of 1-2 days of light shower days possible.

Lotto rain coming to an area near you.
    If you really think about that means no one will get anything.
    Not sure where this one was dreamed up, just another “possible” reason to bring down da prices. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 11, 2019 | 09:42 11
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Prairie Weather Watch... Forecasts this morning call for rain in much of Saskatchewan for later this week. Some showers around overnight in central/eastern Saskatchewan. Alberta and Manitoba mostly sunny and near seasonal, with the prospects of 1-2 days of light shower days possible.

Lotto rain coming to an area near you.
    If you really think about that means no one will get anything.
    Not sure where this one was dreamed up, just another “possible” reason to bring down da prices.
    Lol
    Do you work for the western producer ?? Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 10:09 12
    How many nice sunny weekends does a saskparty politician have to have before he realizes there is a problem??????

Make the multi billion dollar ask for Agri-recovery already....what is wrong with you people in Regina?????
    Will never sink in here Reply With Quote
    LEP
    Jun 11, 2019 | 10:25 13

Don't get your hopes up. It ain't gonna happen. Those kind of payments are a thing of the past. Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 10:59 14 I doubt anyone in sask politics or Federal politics will even blink an eye at Ag .
    All politicians just watched “farmer” Billy B walk away with millions .... there is a general resentment because of that .. especially from Ralph .
    We will have to rely on the programs available like crop insurance ... there most likely will be no extra funding. Why would they, the perceived thought is we are all just like Billy Boyd Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 11, 2019 | 11:03 15 I just wish they hadn’t gutted ag stab. With that and crop insurance it would be covered Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 11:46 16
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Lol
    Do you work for the western producer ??
    Ah , uh , umm , ah. , didnt it rain all over like they said it would ? Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 12:34 17 Biggest rain I see in the forecast for this area is 5mm and that won't do much to change anything.

But then there is Enviro Canada and they have us down for period of rain for Friday night again! That sounds good. Guess I will just use my imagination as to what that means. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• fjlip's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 13:21 18
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    Biggest rain I see in the forecast for this area is 5mm and that won't do much to change anything.

But then there is Enviro Canada and they have us down for period of rain for Friday night again! That sounds good. Guess I will just use my imagination as to what that means.
    Yes lets IMAGINE a 1 or a 2 or a 3 in front of the 5...or dream it... Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 13:22 19
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    But then there is Enviro Canada and they have us down for period of rain for Friday night again! That sounds good. Guess I will just use my imagination as to what that means.
    They don't even know so don't sweat it. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 13:28 20
    Quote Originally Posted by fjlip View Post
    Yes lets IMAGINE a 1 or a 2 or a 3 in front of the 5...or dream it...
    You got pigs with wings over there? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 11, 2019 | 13:29 21 And if we are using our imagination just think! Rain on the roof Friday night should set the mood for Moma!😎 Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• helmsdale's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 13:38 22 Someone needs to put the ECMWF supercomputer into diagnostic mode... it lost its mind in the last run. Looks like the dart landed on "monsoon" for days 8/9 in eastern ab
    Partners's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 13:42 23 Heard a good one.
    There actually no one at enviro Canada.. it's all a recording that someone is replaying like a DJ at a radio station. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jun 11, 2019 | 14:50 24 Rain on the 15th? Which month? Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 15:19 25 windy.com, suggests/ forecasts, we get "chances of rain/mist/fog" from 3pm Thursday straight through to 6 pm Sunday! Will those TINY WEE drops amount to anything? Reply With Quote
    fjlip's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 15:22 26
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsdale View Post
    You got pigs with wings over there?
    A line from Turdo, the drought will balance out the grain prices...with his magically balancing act Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar Jun 11, 2019 | 15:36 27 I think all those weather models are fucked. Do any of them take into account the atmospheric and ground level conditions those approaching systems are moving into or through? Unless a system brings its own moisture into the Ghetto's atmosphere it won't get any here, and from drought maps I see, any on its way here either. We are out of surface water here...kinda hard to prime the rain pump. Also, there isn't alot of transpiration either from a slow weak crop with retarded development. Humidity here is generally low....ITS DRY! Seems dryness begets dryness!

One day at a time. And each day that passes is either a day closer to relief or just more pain. Nothing I can do about it!

BUT..."Wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter!" Reply With Quote
    Jun 11, 2019 | 15:42 28 Sorry guys
    Name:  sorry.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  98.2 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jun 11, 2019 | 16:03 29 Not sure how this is possible to be completely different 4 days out ..
    Jun 11, 2019 | 16:44 30 The windytv models are all converged on sat as an actual rain event that will actually get the ground wet for a day. Fingers crossed. Reply With Quote