• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What team would you put your money on . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What team would you put your money on . .

Had to phone Revenue Canada the other day, after going through the usual phone forest with a long wait time that they hope most people will find unacceptable and hang up, I decided to wait, thinking about what team is winning in the water volleyball tournament going on between CRA, Environment Canada, and Statistics Canada in the pool, with all phones placed on hold. Possibly the loser of the tournament would have to pickup the phones and deal with the public and I can could see the competition being fierce for that reason alone, but I'd put my money on Stats Canada for winning as they seem to be the most persistent
    and determined at winning and simply wear you down in the long game.

Maybe I was a little hard on CRA, after I did finally get to talk to a human, things went pretty well . . .

I think CRA are quicker because they just tell you anything. Just had an issue with them over sending a small GST payment to the wrong online banking payee (went to CRA but different account).
    Sent us an "overdue" invoice which I investigated as I knew it had been paid on time and discovered the mistake.
    1st operative could see where the money was but insisted we pay again as we were in arrears and it would take 45 days to transfer it to the right account.
    2nd operative couldn't find the money at all but insisted if she could she could transfer it straight away.
    3rd operative had to talk to my wife separately to confirm it wasn't in her account either.
    4th operative couldn't find the money either after speaking to both wife and I separately and insisted we mail our bank statement showing the withdrawal to PEI - only way to resolve it.
    Next day statement on wife's account arrives showing a credit.
    Not sure what the next move is? maybe mail their statement back to PEI telling them where the money is? likely take a further half dozen phone calls to agree to that plan of action.

Comment

The words efficient and government should never be used on the same page, I just made an exception.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...