• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada banning single use plastic by 2021. Hate him or not, great move by Justin. This may be an inconvenience for the lazy, but tough shit.

It will be interesting hear the Con's spin on this!

Oh you are talking plastic....thought you were saying we need to book our canola for 2021....only $1000 per bag...short supply.

Comment

I thought maybe it was a heads up that 2020 will be worse than 2019....just skip over to 2021

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Canada banning single use plastic by 2021. Hate him or not, great move by Justin. This may be an inconvenience for the lazy, but tough shit.

It will be interesting hear the Con's spin on this!
        Will be the only useful thing that *** head has done in 3 years

Comment

So no more drinks in plastic bottles? Or aren't they considered single use because they are SUPPOSED to be recycled.

Drinking straws, grocery bags, plastic packaging for almost everything....

I wonder what will be banned and what won't be.

I'm thinking anything with a recycling symbol will pass.

Comment

If plastics from any of the 3 middle provinces get to the ocean and cause problems there is something wrong.....what's wrong is this is an issue worth talking about....

Put them in the garbage and the garbage could be burnt to produce energy....

But let's ban it....because we think the world gives a shit. ...

Trivial stupid shit Trudeau and his team worry about to make headlines....

Something major is happening in western Canada and banning straws is the headline????????

Comment

How do straws from canada end up in oceans? I mean all urban centers have recycling and garbage pickup to landfils where its buried. Sea turtles cant get up in there.

I would say its another country or two, devloping but primative and large poulation living on the river to the ocean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ganges.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	767358

Comment

Going to be a battle to get industry on side. Look for watered down regulations.

And if Andrew Scheer gets in, its likely this idea will disappear for awhile. The good thing is the electorate is mostly on side from Conservatives to Greens.

Industry has to come up with some solutions. It may cost a little more but continually dumping single use plastics in the landfills and oceans makes absolutely no sense.

Fast food restaurants will have to find away to wash some utensils unless they can find enough alternatives that can be recycled or are biodegradadble.

Comment

Saranwrap? Zip loc bags? Vac sealing meats? Yup, great move by the stupidest pm in history. Great move!

Can’t wait for consumers to buy meat sight unseen. Lol

Because Canada is not only wrecking the climate single handedly, but Saskatchewan is firing their plastics directly into the ocean. Seriously,this is so bloody stupid it behooves me.
                  Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 10, 2019, 07:43.

Comment

Grain bags, chemical jugs, oil pails....... just a few that come to mind on the farm. Look at the shelves in the grocery store !!

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                      Grain bags, chemical jugs, oil pails.......
                      Oil pails get turn into pails to feed cows until they break ....then get burnt...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Oil pails get turn into pails to feed cows until they break ....then get burnt...
                        But, but,the carbon! Think of the children, man!

Comment

Plastic wrap for silage and haylage would be great to eliminate. Guys haul in semi loads to local dump each spring.

List will be greatly watered down by the time implemented. Water bottles should be #1 on list, but I bet they miss it entirely.

Comment

So make a big ban announcement. Then not really ban things. Just limit or ban a few thing. Sounds about like a Trudeau.

Comment

Plastic bags are recycled by the coop.
                              Just to many stupid people screw things up for all..
                              Even our fields have plastic bags blowing around from the neighbors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.