• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
    Grain bags, chemical jugs, oil pails....... just a few that come to mind on the farm. Look at the shelves in the grocery store !!
    Chemical jugs have been recycled for at least 20 years. That has always been a good program. Totes must be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      Chemical jugs have been recycled for at least 20 years. That has always been a good program. Totes must be the same.
      Recycled into things like baby bottles and water bottles.

Comment

No more jugs of chem and we now get to store kegs or totes that the smallest size is multi years of use? "I'll take a drum of pursuit" usually when govt passes extra regulation, there's an added cost that kicks in that no one saw coming. In this case im guessing the average farm will require a heated warehouse to store the smallest container being a 110l drum unless we go mini kegs like the old axial. I really don't like jugs and don't use anymore then i have to, but how's this gonna work on the concentrated products? No more twine or net wrap?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Recycled into things like baby bottles and water bottles.
          Arent they refilled with the same chemical again for next year? Why do they have to be recycled. Rinse and reuse.

Comment

Why wasnt this opportunity used to switch to soy or canola oil based plastics?

Comment

So, we get to go back to Sisal twine now too? Does anyone make Sisal netwrap?

The country is on the verge of separation, investment is all but dead taking non-government jobs with it, middle of a trade war, all of our major industries with the exception of government( which is an industry in some peoples minds) are under attack and getting out whenever possible, and plastic is our biggest problem, that and American abortion rights? Talk about rearranging the deck chairs.

Comment

Your supreme leader has spoken about plastics. All bow and genuflect because he is all good and rightoeus.

https://twitter.com/Canadabuster/status/1138083509048881152 Trudeau Press Conf Plastics

Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	767359

Comment

What is that sign made out of??????

Comment

And here is where the plastics come from, just like I said.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/90-of-plastic-polluting-our-oceans-comes-from-just-10-rivers/ 90% of plastic polluting our oceans comes from just 10 rivers

the Yangtze; Indus; Yellow; Hai He; Ganges; Pearl; Amur; Mekong; and two in Africa – the Nile and the Niger.

Comment

I would say out fake recycling programs are to blame for the mess we have gotten into. Companies are paid to bundle up this stuff and then they pay other countries to process it, the other countries are just dumping it into the ocean and taking the money. The mess is out of our hands and forgotten. The containers being shipped back from the Philippines are an example of this happening. Nobody want to talk about this because it is another government mess-up like all the rest.

Comment

and just like that jusnit has the uninformed electorate chatting about plastics and abortion.

trade, border security, immigration, ethics, law and order, gun control seem to have dissapeared from the collective conscience.

it is true that when you think just how dumb the average voter is, then you realize half the population is even dumber

we get the government we deserve

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Your supreme leader has spoken about plastics. All bow and genuflect because he is all good and rightoeus.

https://twitter.com/Canadabuster/status/1138083509048881152 Trudeau Press Conf Plastics

[ATTACH]4354[/ATTACH]
                          Only speaking for myself of course, but I don't think it's healthy to dislike someone like this as much as I do.

I've even stopped feeling sorry for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            Saranwrap? Zip loc bags? Vac sealing meats? Yup, great move by the stupidest pm in history. Great move!

Can’t wait for consumers to buy meat sight unseen. Lol

Because Canada is not only wrecking the climate single handedly, but Saskatchewan is firing their plastics directly into the ocean. Seriously,this is so bloody stupid it behooves me.
                            meat will get wrapped in beaver pelts , maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

[ATTACH]4354[/ATTACH]
                              and the idiot probably has a plastic water bottle in his hand

Comment

How many airborne illnesses are prevented from contact with our food by plastic? We have a hard enough time convincing the average consumer we are not trying to kill them as it is, how many nasty bugs has plastic kept off ready to eat meals? Because the average person isn't cooking anymore, but maybe that'll fix itself once food costs rise? They gonna ban surgical gloves and rinse out syringes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...