• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola 2019

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola 2019

Did anyone seed any ? Been driving around haven’t seen any in a 500 km trip!

Those black fields with nothing growing are Canola, not a good start.

Comment

Lots seeded in this area. Every field is anywhere from 75% of the seeds laying in dust to 4 leaf plants that are about half the size they should be. (Stunted small plants from drought and frost damaged) the flea beetles favourite kind.
      Defiantly not visible from the road.

Comment

Canola not looking good but before you know it companies will be saying too bad time to book seed for 2020....and oh yes a bag of seed went up another $100...new and improved.

Comment

Hopefully it rains soon ! even today clouds built up but nothing as usual couple drops that’s it can’t even clean bugs off windshield

Comment

Looks like close to normal acres in our more traditional canola area. Earlier seeded suffered a bit from frost and flea beetles. Later seeded our area caught a couple of showers, enough to help germination, looks good if can get decent June rains.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              Canola not looking good but before you know it companies will be saying too bad time to book seed for 2020....and oh yes a bag of seed went up another $100...new and improved.
              "Drought proof" the next generation canola seed can germinate, sprout and grow without water!

See what all that money(of ours) they spend on research and development can do...

....and we balk it!

Comment

I will be like Trudeau “what is canola”?
                Best decision I made was tell every retailer in November and December to let me know when a bag cost $300, not $700.
                By the above comment I didn’t seed any.
                Any I have seen is garbage. Neighbour was out reseeding 320 ac into powder on Fri.

Comment

Local coop said nobody here cut acres..
                  But they way canola looks we all should have cut lots of acres..
                  But if it never rains all crops will be fooked..

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    I will be like Trudeau “what is canola”?
                    Best decision I made was tell every retailer in November and December to let me know when a bag cost $300, not $700.
                    By the above comment I didn’t seed any.
                    Any I have seen is garbage. Neighbour was out reseeding 320 ac into powder on Fri.
                    I would need a 60 bushel durum crop or 35 bushel lentils to equal my guarantee with canola. That ain't happenin this year.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Jun 9, 2019, 22:01.

Comment

Acres appear to be down here driving around the neighborhood. Was picking up some grass seed last week and the retail shed still pretty full of canola, I asked about it and they said they already sent back 20 pallets also, lots of cancelled bookings. More peas around this year and we aren't really in a traditional pea area.

Comment

Frost again this morning, at least I'm didn't lock in 25 bpa, gonna be tough to get that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                            Is that frost ?

Comment

Yes, yesterday morning too

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...