• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up..

There will be frost warnings by Sunday / Monday morning in some areas , just in case your all excited to “start” spraying Monday regardless...... be cautious

There will be some sad viper/pea stories by about Wednesday
    Wonder how they ever got it registered for peas?

Comment

Viper is already doing damage today on neighbours peas. By Monday will be very sick.

Cold as Iceland tonight.

Comment

A neighbor was spraying his peas this morning, I kid you not. Drove right past the assault.

Comment

Yea I can’t believe some still don’t know that cold temps before or after kill peas or they delay them a month

Comment

Anyone want to talk about the commonality of the active ingredients in Solo, Odyssey, Viper and Pursuit? And discuss which is the most sinister active ingredient?

Solo...Imazamox
            Pursuit...Imazethapyr
            Odyssey...Imazamox and Imazethapyr
            Viper...Imazamox and Bentazon

So which product seems to be causing the biggest problem?

Which active ingredient, or combination, is causing the biggest problem?

Or is it only environmental and all products are safe otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Anyone want to talk about the commonality of the active ingredients in Solo, Odyssey, Viper and Pursuit? And discuss which is the most sinister active ingredient?

Solo...Imazamox
              Pursuit...Imazethapyr
              Odyssey...Imazamox and Imazethapyr
              Viper...Imazamox and Bentazon

So which product seems to be causing the biggest problem?

Which active ingredient, or combination, is causing the biggest problem?

Or is it only environmental and all products are safe otherwise?
              The surfactants.

Comment

Its not the one in pursuit , we have never hurt peas at all with it and have doubled up the surfactant with centurion by going 5gpa with no ill effects
                I havent saw oddysee hurt peas , its claim to fame is when it kills half the canola field when someome is spraying liberty a few days later and hasnt washed out sprayer meticulously, oh and it is a pisspoor wild oat killer
                Has to be the basagram doing the assualt , and is costing lots to do it
                Last edited by Guest; Jun 9, 2019, 06:31.

Comment

Sprayed the Ghetto peas the 4th of June, 7 to midnight, the witching hours.

Used 31 mls/acre of generic Pursuit, 7.44 grams a.i per acre.....more than in Odyssey at the recommended rate(6.055 grams a.i./ac).

Tank mixed with 40 acre rate of Poast.

Daytime and night time temps were decent, cool two nights ago and the Ghetto weather station says +2° last night....brrrrrrr.

Edit in....forgot to mention the Edge that was applied this spring.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 9, 2019, 08:15.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Sprayed the Ghetto peas the 4th of June, 7 to midnight, the witching hours.

Used 31 mls/acre of generic Pursuit, 7.44 grams a.i per acre.....more than in Odyssey at the recommended rate(6.055 grams a.i./ac).

Tank mixed with 40 acre rate of Poast.

Daytime and night time temps were decent, cool two nights ago and the Ghetto weather station says +2° last night....brrrrrrr.

Edit in....forgot to mention the Edge that was applied this spring.
                    So the edge didn't work??????

Comment

Nothing works 100%. The Poast was a bit if a waste of time but there were hemp nettle escapes I wanted to get.

I ****ed up because I was going to use Edge then Basagran for the volunteer canola....until I priced Basagran!

Sometimes I'm to fussy for my own good.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        So the edge didn't work??????
                        Can confirm... edge has not had a single drop of moisture on it here. I'm guessing it has to get wet at least once to activate... getting concerned about putting anything other than peas/lentils on it next year, but that'll seriously fubar any semblance of a balanced rotation.

Comment

So basically all southern Alberta missed the huge rain event as well ???

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            So basically all southern Alberta missed the huge rain event as well ???
                            South east most definitely...

You know how it goes. If Calgary and Edmonton get rain, everyone assumes the whole province got everything it needed and we can get right back to patio beer weather...

Comment

Well . It hit NE of here this morning..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...