• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ztt7vILpTL2q4ka27qABLg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	778414

Well, it looks like that is a wrap on Crop 2019. Thanks for all coming out it was a short year. Sad it didn't rain in the west and I guess we will try to do it again in 2020.

Just like that the promise from our great weathermen/Women the rain event is gone. So someone like CWB Chucky can explain how these experts can predict how cold the earth was or warm millions of years ago but can't get the forecast right 7 days out then 5 then one. Yea its science you study what you have and make a theory. Climate change is not happening this is a normal dry period in Canada and it's going to be one heck of a sick summer. No Tax will stop the drought of 2019.

Ok, the crop report for the past week.

All are done seeding in our area except the Organic guy and one Cowboy who had his barley in by July 1 last year. I think both will be done by Monday. So 99% done.

Crops are trying to grow and the ones in the moisture are up and running. Yes, the Deere says we have 3 meters of moisture so give it all you can boys and girls.

That one company was on CJGX Yorkton farm show yesterday talking markets and crops and all he kept saying was it's not that bad out in farmland with the crops it still has the potential for big yields. that's all these guys have is pump the piss to the crop and it will reward you. Ah if it doesn't rain it will break you. Kind of stupid since the first thing to be cut next year will be crop advisors.

Ok Spring wheat all of ours is up. We seeded at the regular 2 bus. plus an acre and most germinated and are growing in good to adequate moisture. The sand ridge is good for at least maybe 10 days and then that is it the rest will start to do weird shit in 17 days. Or simply put if we have no rain till farm progress show it will be not very nice in Saskatchewan. Some spraying is going on but we are going to wait till after the weekend as still a chance of rain. You can spray wheat right up till the flag with Axil Extreme so whatever. If no rain it will be 24D and Some cheap generic wild oat product.

Name:	fjZNjIoqQOiB+3ONxkb3Qw.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	778415

Barley isn't as nice as other years with different stages of growth in the crop, could be an issue if we get rain as some will be bone dry at harvest and some green. Malt? Yea any maltster it's a dockage you'll think up even if there is no crop to buy come fall.

Name:	48bUZx6mS3SfqWMSHCGd8Q.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	778416

Why pictures are right way when you click on them but go sides ways when you post. Maybe its crop 2019 going sideways already.

Peas are out and again some still not germinated some really getting big and some so so.

Spraying is happening but it seems guys are just not sure what to spray on them as some will kill them next week if it cools down as they say. Then carry over chemical problems for 2020 if the drought continues. Ah, peas the piss poor crop that was destroyed by our dancing fool.

Name:	c9M5ZyB9R+udoV58zwJoYg.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	778417

Lentils in our area are extremely short like all crops. That is a worry for harvest if we have one. Also how short will my AC Brandon be if it doesn't rain? 4 to 6 in.

Flax is up and trying in the dry conditions. Lots seeded early so some frost happened.

Durum we have a few fields in our area it looks good like wheat so far and sprays spray spray Fungicide so you have a great crop.

Canola,

Enough said.

Piss poor germination, dry conditions don't help, frost got some early, flea Beatles etc etc. etc. The 2019 crop is in trouble I will tell you that right now. One field in our area has rows but it is on very light land that caught one rain (2/10) hour after drill left. But it could be dust by next week without rain. Early seeded and shallow have big issues. Some who went deeper is just poking out now. Cool again next week.

Ah, market knows the price drops. HAHAHAHA

I will call it struggling so far this year for Canola.

Name:	j32q7L+aQt2Ljh42N9eL0w.jpg
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	778418

Continued. 5 photo rule.

Name:	Lx3RtOFXSyaN7vGvljBa5Q.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	767349

Pasture is going to be a tough one for cowboys this year. Lots are looking at an area to put a few. Fence going up on some corners. Praire wool old natural pastures are even being used. Some feeding pales of pellets already. Green feed fields were seeded by a few I know and these guys dropped canola to plant oats, millet or barley for bales.

Name:	a3BKFmSWSly8o%SFXalGXA.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	767350

So guys are fighting a fire, actual lightning strike yesterday into a dry last year bush pile and boom it was off to the races yesterday in that wind. Or someone lighting fires again.

Our peas are coming back on burnt 60 acres. Better than reseeding.

Stone picking and last of the sloughs were seeded.

For me, June 5 the has always been the day I quit and back away from the air drill. That is the night I and a group of friends use to drive to Tisdale then early the 6th headway north of PA, get on a plane and fly an hour north to a private lake for 5 days fishing. No cell, no people just the 8 guys 4 boats and beer.

Spraying of some kind will start next week as guys will have to do something.

Cross our eyes, fingers toes that it will rain. Last meaning full rain was dying days of April. Last falls snow and rain are what is keeping us alive so far.

Looks now like its the valley north to swan with rain. We're right on the edge maybe maybe not.

Ah, farming the shit show continues.

Oh for some of you.

Name:	61773492_318362362397287_6754242230837313536_n.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	767351
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Jun 6, 2019, 06:23.

Comment

Ok politics are just as important as crop or marketing because if some of you haven't figured out yet they affect the market.

Trump and his tariffs and China war will eventually get deal China will flex but they need the USA to sell there shit. It is shit really.

Canada and Captain underpants are in big trouble. We F#$Ked up with the 5G and the Chinese CEO. Didn't do our homework but for the group in government do you think they ever wrote a paper or studied or just bought it all. Just saying.

Canada and especially western Canada has a big big problem the Canola market won't be fixed for years if ever. The 25 mil acres is a dream now. Canola our once great crop that paid the bills will be our retarded sister.

We are considering cancelling our Big Bins. Will do the site prep but really spending that kind of money to maybe fill with Air is a great idea. Yes, they can do commercials on the radio about buy buy buy, limited supply (hahahahahaha) but with it being so dry it still might be a year to shift to neutral and go fishing.

Also, watch neighbours and family and friends this is a stressful time of year and with the dry conditions guys and girls can do stupid stuff. The ones left behind are scared for life and the one who does it is at peace.

Week of watching for rain begins this is the week all crops need a drink in western Canada. We're down to 7 to 10 days.

Go Riders. HAHAHA year 37/1 maybe next year.

Comment

But, but , the Western Producer said rain was coming this weekend , them and the markets were so sure that canola went down just like they intended
        We have gone from 2 days of periods of rain to chance of 1-3 ml
        Shes fn next year country in 2/3 of this province

Comment

Funny were not hearing anything about the massive crop in the US over and over and over
          Instead just dead silence
          Rule of the media and all
          “farm publications?” Do not , i repeat, do not say anything bad about the crops
          If crops are bad change the subject
          If crops are average , go on everday about “record crops”

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            But, but , the Western Producer said rain was coming this weekend , them and the markets were so sure that canola went down just like they intended
            We have gone from 2 days of periods of rain to chance of 1-3 ml
            Shes fn next year country in 2/3 of this province
            Yes I have a huge issue with that as well
            Never filing report a rain event or huge yields till after it happens....... it cost us real money with that type of b/S .

Comment

Just like Trudeau talking to the media.

Look a Rabbit.

Were so F#$Ked this year if it doesn't rain, RB auctions will be so busy next year.

Credit will dry up as Big banks decide AG more than ever isn't a good bet. Managers will move and change and new boys will not care about your farm.

Ah, history repeats and here we go 1988. or is it 1961 with rain in April and none after that.

God, I thought once in a lifetime I would have to see subsidies by other countries and trade wars and Ok dry conditions.

Maybe the fish are biting. Time to head north. way north.

It is always Sunshine and Lollypops for all except farmers.

Sad really.

Like I listened to the Farm news yesterday you would swear we were on way to crop 2017 again. No mention of drought just its a bit on the dry side. People actually pay these guys for the info.

WTF.

Comment

Only thing I’m reporting is I will be at the lake this wk end if you need to reach me. At least something will be wet.

Comment

.............This is getting scary.

Comment

News on CBC

Trudeau took a shit.

Grass is green in Reginas Wascana park.

Comment

I wish I had the picture of the weather forecasters throwing a dart. That’s what this years forecasting looks like

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Just like Trudeau talking to the media.

Look a Rabbit.

Were so F#$Ked this year if it doesn't rain, RB auctions will be so busy next year.

Credit will dry up as Big banks decide AG more than ever isn't a good bet. Managers will move and change and new boys will not care about your farm.

Ah, history repeats and here we go 1988. or is it 1961 with rain in April and none after that.

God, I thought once in a lifetime I would have to see subsidies by other countries and trade wars and Ok dry conditions.

Maybe the fish are biting. Time to head north. way north.

It is always Sunshine and Lollypops for all except farmers.

Sad really.

Like I listened to the Farm news yesterday you would swear we were on way to crop 2017 again. No mention of drought just its a bit on the dry side. People actually pay these guys for the info.

WTF.
                        told you , i have cold beer at tobin , and good rum

Comment

Just got done rolling 460 acres of flax in a block.

Every pot hole, except one, that couldn't be seeded at seeding time got seeded recently.

Every slough hay pot hole could be rolled through and the tractors tires never got wet in any of them.

We are out of surface water, kinda hard to prime the atmosphere for rain, yikes.

****en wind....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Just got done rolling 460 acres of flax in a block.

Every pot hole, except one, that couldn't be seeded at seeding time got seeded recently.

Every slough hay pot hole could be rolled through and the tractors tires never got wet in any of them.

We are out of surface water, kinda hard to prime the atmosphere for rain, yikes.

****en wind....
                            Quit praying for Blowjobs farma...

Comment

I’m on the Res. Doing a rain dance 💃.

Picking stones.

Last seeded wheat

Olympus

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...