• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
    Quit praying for Blowjobs farma...
    It might take me a while to come up with a reply to this.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Fuel up no tax on the rez !

I ain't paying no carbon tax !
      Carbon neutral on the Rez lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        Carbon neutral on the Rez lol.
        Eddie Match stick

Comment

Got 3/4of an inch this afternoon, ground was white with pea sized hail and a big wind with it as well
          My 24x24 skidoo and motorcycle garage blew away. Radar shows another rain coming. It was terrible dry I sure hope more is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
            Got 3/4of an inch this afternoon, ground was white with pea sized hail and a big wind with it as well
            My 24x24 skidoo and motorcycle garage blew away. Radar shows another rain coming. It was terrible dry I sure hope more is coming.
            What area ??

Comment

I bet they're south , south east, east of the Ghetto. Looked kinda intesnse Weyburnish.

Comment

I’m about 40 miles south of belle plane. Hay crops are terrible pastures are very poor but this will help it’s a little late but I’ll take any moisture I can get, beggars can’t be choosers.

Comment

Cattle prices in half one guy told me today. He says everyone dumping the cattle like hot cakes as there is no feed anywhere and it’s early June.

Rain never shows and it’s getting late. Looks weyburn getting some tonight. Looks like might be hard water though??

All I hear all day long is dry dry dry. Lots of guys barely a drop since April 1st

Comment

The 2019 crop is getting ugly real fast, if we don't get rain this week there is no way Western Canada will even get close to getting an average crop if any crop.
                    Wheat is spindly and tillering, should be 6” tall when headed if it doesn’t die first.
                    Barley and oats wow cutworms are having a feeding frenzy bare patches are bigger by the day.
                    Canola what a disaster, frost and flee-beetles have guys reseeding into powder. What a waist of time that will be, they are screwed.
                    Cattle guys are real worried to, our pastures and hay land are heading out at 4 inches tall. Might be lots of starving animals very soon.

Comment

And since this is the Friday crop report on a Thursday I’ve gotta say there’s nothing out here that’s even close to SASKFAMERS pictures, it’s looking pretty grim out south.

I’m not much more than an hour out of Regina and it’s a whole different world up here in the dirt hills.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                        And since this is the Friday crop report on a Thursday I’ve gotta say there’s nothing out here that’s even close to SASKFAMERS pictures, it’s looking pretty grim out south.

I’m not much more than an hour out of Regina and it’s a whole different world up here in the dirt hills.
                        There's differences in land types but moisture can definitely narrow that gap.

When SF3 and other black soil zone farmers have both qualities, good soil and moisture at the same time...it can be quite forgiving compared to dry harsh soil( high clay-low organic matter or light land that tends to dry out faster). How many times have I seeded into good/decent moisture only to have hot dry strong winds suck everything dry.....then wait for a crop establishing saving rain.....ITS GETTING OLD....like me! Some places could probably drop the seed on top if the ground and establish a crop, I don't know if those people understand the challenges other people face.

Comment

So I guessing good soil isn’t yellow? 😂

Comment

And the little bit of topsoil we do have is mostly turning white, pretty soon its all going to be cow foods.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              There's differences in land types but moisture can definitely narrow that gap.

When SF3 and other black soil zone farmers have both qualities, good soil and moisture at the same time...it can be quite forgiving compared to dry harsh soil( high clay-low organic matter or light land that tends to dry out faster). How many times have I seeded into good/decent moisture only to have hot dry strong winds suck everything dry.....then wait for a crop establishing saving rain.....ITS GETTING OLD....like me! Some places could probably drop the seed on top if the ground and establish a crop, I don't know if those people understand the challenges other people face.
                              When your a and b zone fit on the ruler of your leatherman, its challenging... father in law farms in "Acadia valley clay", where his a and b horizon are indistinguishable to 10' or better in places. Im often wearing my kneecaps raw praying for rain in july (it's better than praying for blowjobs, as the good lord often answers with hurricane force winds), and he could care less.

But plug a crop into mud like he did this spring and it makes concrete!

I can flop a 4000bu hopper bin onto unpacked sod and it'll sink in about 4", he'd plant the entire cone.

I can walk a loaded super b outta the yard after a 1" rain, 3/10ths and you'll rip the wheel wells outta your half ton over there.

Each had its pluses and minuses.

Comment

Some shower happened last night at the farm in three little storms that went through. Regina had 6 drops at 3.10 AM. Yes, I was up the dog had to go to the bathroom.

Sprinklers are on this morning in City so No drought here nothing to see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.