• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention western producer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention western producer

Was just skimming over your paper and noticed you are really keen on reporting how there is a terrible glut of canola .

https://www.producer.com/daily/canola-futures-drop-large-stocks-china-dispute/

just a thought , you may want to go outside , jump in your car , drive the south, and report on this horrible drought going on
    how anyone in their right mind can think there will be a glut of canola is sadly out of touch?
    just wondering also if you know the plight of the US grain belt ???
    anyone saying there is rain in the forecast in 10 days and that will really help needs a slap on the side of the head?
    in all fairness , i don't read your rag anymore , but this piece of work was brought to my attention , so maybe you have reported on the drought ? surely you have ???
    i have provided a quote from your questionable article ;

"While dry conditions have persisted across much of Western Canada, there was some rainfall over the weekend. The forecast has called for rain in the next seven to 10 days, and should there good amounts of precipitation, that would improve crops and put pressure on canola bids."

i take it that it rained in regina or saskatoon ???? sure not many other places ??

what a heartless piece of crap to print
    how do you think a young farmer on the verge of losing his livelihood, watching the sky everyday after one wrong forecast after the other, feels when he reads this garbage
    guess you have never had to had to be disappointed on the shabby worthless weather reporting we have in canada

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Was just skimming over your paper and noticed you are really keen on reporting how there is a terrible glut of canola .

https://www.producer.com/daily/canola-futures-drop-large-stocks-china-dispute/

just a thought , you may want to go outside , jump in your car , drive the south, and report on this horrible drought going on
    how anyone in their right mind can think there will be a glut of canola is sadly out of touch?
    just wondering also if you know the plight of the US grain belt ???
    anyone saying there is rain in the forecast in 10 days and that will really help needs a slap on the side of the head?
    in all fairness , i don't read your rag anymore , but this piece of work was brought to my attention , so maybe you have reported on the drought ? surely you have ???
    i have provided a quote from your questionable article ;

"While dry conditions have persisted across much of Western Canada, there was some rainfall over the weekend. The forecast has called for rain in the next seven to 10 days, and should there good amounts of precipitation, that would improve crops and put pressure on canola bids."

i take it that it rained in regina or saskatoon ???? sure not many other places ??

what a heartless piece of crap to print
    how do you think a young farmer on the verge of losing his livelihood, watching the sky everyday after one wrong forecast after the other, feels when he reads this garbage
    guess you have never had to had to be disappointed on the shabby worthless weather reporting we have in canada
    The rain if it even happens number one has to be like inches not millimetres.and second it’s going to be June 10 what percentage of the canola crop can you even tell from the road is canola? What percentage won’t even be germinated until the next rain event? Not a small amount.

Take a *** loan to somehow not by math cover the losses in price then get droughted out and get crapola insurance on canola??? What a plan.

Comment

Guess if you don’t like it don’t pay for the subscription to read it. Think that’s what’s happened. Declining readership equals less dollars coming in for reporters to afford gas to take a drive out of their city and see the real world and report the news accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        The rain if it even happens number one has to be like inches not millimetres.and second it’s going to be June 10 what percentage of the canola crop can you even tell from the road is canola? What percentage won’t even be germinated until the next rain event? Not a small amount.

Take a *** loan to somehow not by math cover the losses in price then get droughted out and get crapola insurance on canola??? What a plan.
        agreed on the rain , they report it like its already happened and the market treats it the same

Comment

Gave up on that rag a long time ago they are being manipulated by the people that advertise in there the bayers basf jd and the like

Comment

I quit reading that shit paper as well....don't need to look at Fungicide ads on every second page not to mention their shit reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              I quit reading that shit paper as well....don't need to look at Fungicide ads on every second page not to mention their shit reporting.
              wonder if there will be a severe shortage of fungicide this year ? ,lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                wonder if there will be a severe shortage of fungicide this year ? ,lol
                Depends on your agrologist.
                If he or she wants to sell you product..or if they are honest..

Comment

Wondering if there is a age demographic for their subscribers. Likely over 65.

Comment

Garbage paper.....garbage reporters......fake news.......failing.....garbage contributors....half truths news!

Need more be said?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Wondering if there is a age demographic for their subscribers. Likely over 65.
                      Their target audience seems to be urban Liberals going by their agenda.....they seem to not even try to gain rural subscribers anymore.

Terrible editors, need a house cleaning.

Comment

Only ever read Karen Briere's articles.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          Thanks for your comments. I've forwarded them along to the powers that be. And Braveheart, whoever you are, thank you so much. I periodically check in to Agriville to see what farmers are talking about. If anyone ever wants to contact me, with brickbats or bouquets, please do so. As one commenter noted, we can't be everywhere and we don't know what's going on if people don't get in touch. I'm based in Regina and am happy to hear from readers and those who claim not to read the WP. karen.briere@producer.com

Comment

Just a word of advice WP ... just report the truth and not what your sponsors tell you ...

Tell you reportes to get out into the driest areas and report realities not what sponsors or some hack at a government agency tells you

Comment

Originally posted by KarenBriereWP View Post
                              Hi everyone,
                              Thanks for your comments. I've forwarded them along to the powers that be. And Braveheart, whoever you are, thank you so much. I periodically check in to Agriville to see what farmers are talking about. If anyone ever wants to contact me, with brickbats or bouquets, please do so. As one commenter noted, we can't be everywhere and we don't know what's going on if people don't get in touch. I'm based in Regina and am happy to hear from readers and those who claim not to read the WP. karen.briere@producer.com
                              Time to lay off the “canola glut” reporting
                              That ship has sailed about 2 weeks ago
                              Could possibly be the worst drought sask has had and WP reporting on a canola glut
                              Surely you can see the irony ? The frustration ?
                              Nice to see the outreach agriville has
                              Thanks karen , for the reply

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...