• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Significant U.S. Economy Slowdown

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant U.S. Economy Slowdown

Led by the out-of-control U.S. government debt bubble and unheeded spending, tapped-out consumers and fallout from the ‘no deal’ with China, the U.S. economy and stock markets now appear at risk (IMO).

Canada’s economy is already in-recession despite superstar gov’t jobs numbers. The gig is up . . . .

No problem,
    QE4
    Trump has an election coming up

What govt doesn’t have this problem? Expect more of the same

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
      No problem,
      QE4
      Trump has an election coming up

What govt doesn’t have this problem? Expect more of the same
      Just my opinion, but QE4 money printing would be diasaterous for the U.S. economy. That card has been pulled one too many times.

Comment

Long way away from QE4. 10 yr treasury yields are falling because there are zero investment grade projects anywhere else in the world. So every dime of capital is heading to the US. The US has no problem selling all its debt right now and the Fed is off loading bonds at the same time. If they did not have extra bonds to sell rates would be even lower. In this environment, there is zero political will for debt reduction that would be the case if interest rates ever did rise.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
          Long way away from QE4. 10 yr treasury yields are falling because there are zero investment grade projects anywhere else in the world. So every dime of capital is heading to the US. The US has no problem selling all its debt right now and the Fed is off loading bonds at the same time. If they did not have extra bonds to sell rates would be even lower. In this environment, there is zero political will for debt reduction that would be the case if interest rates ever did rise.
          A stroke of the pen and rates can be fixed. A breather in equities isn't bearish grains

Comment

US is still the cleanest pair of underwear. China is in serious trouble right now, next couple weeks potentially very volatile. World economy is on life support.

Of course, more legacy making from the turdo, new gun laws being passed in Canada. Stockpiling lead looks like best investment right now. Also buying pasta machine, If i cant sell my durum I might as well be ready to eat it.

Comment

I think a lot of shit is going to go down in the next 10 months.

I will bet on the USA vs Canada or China any day.

China needs to sell the shit they make and the only place that has an appetite for it is the USA. Even Mickie mouse ears are from China.

But the Americans are workers and they are backing this president. So guess what factories for shit could soon open up in the USA and then what will China do.

Canada and Skippy and bogus numbers on employment etc most Canadians know are a joke.

The election is in a few months maybe we should let sunny ways win and deal with the world fall out. Then a least the liberal party would lose status the next federal election but Canada would be done.

Comment

This U.S. slowdown could be more serious than first thought . . . .

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/dont-say-we-didnt-warn-you---a-phrase-from-china-signals-the-trade-war-could-get-even-worse.html[/URL]

Comment

CNBC is the very epitome of hyperbole. They play both sides of the market to hype up viewship. One day a stock is the best thing ever, next is sell it and get out of the market. They have segements on bitcoin of all things. They have no fn idea.

The powers that be calculated the trade war is a 0.3% gdp hit to the US and a full 1% to china. If there is some trouble in the US economy its something else. And the fed can drop rates for a few yrs to counter it. Most of the original QE has been unwound.

Comment

China threatening to cut off U.S. from rare earth minerals . . . this is a potential knockout punch. Technology is the battle ground, not a trade deal (IMO).

Trump’s beloved stock market now appears at-risk . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                      China threatening to cut off U.S. from rare earth minerals . . . this is a potential knockout punch. Technology is the battle ground, not a trade deal (IMO).

Trump’s beloved stock market now appears at-risk . . . .
                      Errol, I like your analysis but you have got to dig deeper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine Mountain Pass Mine

http://www.cbj.ca/canada_s_rare_earth_deposits_can_offer_substantial _competitive_a/ Canada rare earth deposits

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/2141445/discovery-rare-earth-minerals-japan-coast-secures-780-years Japan Rare Earth Discovery 780 yr Supply

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Errol, I like your analysis but you have got to dig deeper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Pass_rare_earth_mine Mountain Pass Mine

http://www.cbj.ca/canada_s_rare_earth_deposits_can_offer_substantial _competitive_a/ Canada rare earth deposits

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/2141445/discovery-rare-earth-minerals-japan-coast-secures-780-years Japan Rare Earth Discovery 780 yr Supply
                        China controls about 80 percent of global supply.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          China controls about 80 percent of global supply.
                          US has stockpiled lots of these resources already. Mountain Pass is being restarted and US allies like Australia Canada and Japan are being tapped for the new supply chains. Nothing to worry about.

Remember, China needs to sell the final tech products into the US. That's their main market. if rare earths are restricted, product doesn't get made, doesn't get sold anywhere. China has no options that don't blow up in its own face including selling US treasuries.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            US has stockpiled lots of these resources already. Mountain Pass is being restarted and US allies like Australia Canada and Japan are being tapped for the new supply chains. Nothing to worry about.

Remember, China needs to sell the final tech products into the US. That's their main market. if rare earths are restricted, product doesn't get made, doesn't get sold anywhere. China has no options that don't blow up in its own face including selling US treasuries.
                            Not to mention that China has to sell everything they can because they have debt to service because high speed rail is not cheap. Manufacturing 10% growth every year is very expensive. So the rare earths will find the back door into the US market if necessary. This announcement is for the fewer people every day that still believe China will become a superpower. The rest of us have moved on.

Comment

What is China’s population? Where do we need to sell our crops and many products? They already are a super power. The retard from down south is losing all the deals he’s making there and all the western world is paying for it.

It was revealed China isn’t the one paying for his ag tariffs the American people are. Even republicans admitting they don’t know where the money for the farm aid will come from. He’s so *** dumb hasbt figures out even how that all works.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...