• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prevent plant ends Chinese trade war

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent plant ends Chinese trade war

Amazing how the weather has muted China talk these past couple of weeks. China is officially out of ammo in its trade war as there will be no corn, beans, wheat or canola to sell them soon. Now they are stuck buying premium priced SA commodities. Well if you make your bed lie in it. In the US, president Trump will use tariff revenue to subsidize American farmers so they will feel no pain. Probably ends up as another good year for our US counterparts as it always seems too down there.

How does prevent plant kick in? If they don't plant do they get the subsidy? Is the subsidy against WTO rules?

Comment

China will also be forced to keep buying pork from USA due to their African Swine Flu/Fever.

Comment

I believe they have to be inspected as to whether or not there claim is viable. If everyone around is in the same situation it is a no brainer. I believe the coverage is 75% of their APH. Some say it’s good depending on whether u own the land or rent. Also depends on your extravagant spending. IE. machinery

Comment

Prevent plant works similar to our too wet to seed acres. One thing that is better down there is if corn cut off date which is June 1 in many area passes and you switch to beans, you can get a percentage of your corn coverage paid. Here in AB if the June 1 canola date passes, you are supposed to switch to feed barley or oats until June 20 passes after which you get $49 per acre on the too wet acres minus a 5% deductible per field. I believe they have to pay a premium in the US for PP but the coverage is much better and more flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
            Prevent plant works similar to our too wet to seed acres. One thing that is better down there is if corn cut off date which is June 1 in many area passes and you switch to beans, you can get a percentage of your corn coverage paid. Here in AB if the June 1 canola date passes, you are supposed to switch to feed barley or oats until June 20 passes after which you get $49 per acre on the too wet acres minus a 5% deductible per field. I believe they have to pay a premium in the US for PP but the coverage is much better and more flexible.
            The american farmer is taken care of....There has been less rain in this general area than in 1988 and yes its been cooler but its drier ...the only difference is that farmers don't have much summer fallow to start the fields blowing....and they would have blown this year....

I think there is some real hurt coming in western canada even it it does rain.....850 cows at Tuesday sale in swift current is unusual ....

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              How does prevent plant kick in? If they don't plant do they get the subsidy? Is the subsidy against WTO rules?
              Trump will leave WTO if they start bitching too much. WTO is for countries who don't have the balls to stick up for their people. **** the world. USA! USA! USA!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...