• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blswan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	778399

Limit up tonight? Forgot Memorial day tomorrow. Tuesday....

Will test 4.35 ZCN for sure this week I'm thinking
    Wheat will follow
    Last edited by farming101; May 26, 2019, 08:20.

Talked to a fellow i know in southern ontario . He usually seeds in april and hasnt seeded anything just too wet. There will be a whole lot of acres missing or light

Comment

Is that black swan swimming in flood waters?

Will be interesting to see what Canadian prices do in the shadows of the Amerkin market.

Comment

Well it didn't go limit up but there are now 2 consecutive gaps on the July corn chart. Price hit 4.365 this evening. Wheat chart similar.
        Silly as it sounds we don't need a third day gap higher.
        Steady as she goes. A small 5% pullback here could set the stage for the next leg higher.

Comment

evening 101
          i think there will be a few co's here offering $10 for canola tomorrow if nothing changes , what are your thoughts? take some ?

Comment

Who cares it to late for me, loading canola as we speak for four bucks. Pioneer said i am getting screwed, i know, but price in the sky dont bank.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              evening 101
              i think there will be a few co's here offering $10 for canola tomorrow if nothing changes , what are your thoughts? take some ?
              Got texts today for $10

Comment

This is a weather market.
                When the weather changes, so will the prices.

A short term buy has appeared on the Canola charts. This may allow for more upside yet but just cannot say there will be huge increases.

Stocks in commercial positions are quite low historically. With seeding out of the way that may change.

2019 crop prospects are a huge factor already. Might not even turn the key on the combine this year if things don't smarten up. That changes a guy's outlook for marketing old or new crop immensely.

Old crop, $10 should be widely available. $10.20 may be a short term top. Understand that could change tomorrow. It's day to day.

Comment

Both corn and soy planting way behind in the US with more rain in the forecast for this week. Later planting should affect yields.Too wet in the US and certainly areas in Canada that are too dry.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    This is a weather market.
                    When the weather changes, so will the prices.

A short term buy has appeared on the Canola charts. This may allow for more upside yet but just cannot say there will be huge increases.

Stocks in commercial positions are quite low historically. With seeding out of the way that may change.

2019 crop prospects are a huge factor already. Might not even turn the key on the combine this year if things don't smarten up. That changes a guy's outlook for marketing old or new crop immensely.

Old crop, $10 should be widely available. $10.20 may be a short term top. Understand that could change tomorrow. It's day to day.
                    Thanks 101 , for the reality check !
                    Kinda what i thought
                    First one hit this morning
                    Unfortunatelt $10 will open a lot of bin doors

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Thanks 101 , for the reality check !
                      Kinda what i thought
                      First one hit this morning
                      Unfortunatelt $10 will open a lot of bin doors
                      10 bucks has bought a lot of canola for fall delivery as well....and it may not be there....if this weather doesn't smarten up...mid June is the earliest rain event predicted....I don't remember a spring seeding run where there wasn't a day off for a rain....The breakdowns made up for the rain delays but people are starting to talk about how dry it is....DUH....

Comment

439 CN month end and my guess is we test the bottom of this gap

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...