Rain event ..

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Rain event ..

May 25, 2019 | 06:04 1 A trough formed yesterday west and north west of here . When it unloaded Turtleford/ Mervin area got er . Some places 3 1/2 in in a few hrs .. Reply With Quote
May 25, 2019 | 06:08 2



We got nothing but a lite shower , was raining in areas are around though .

Reply With Quote
May 25, 2019 | 06:11 3 Here is the trough line from yesterday..
Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 06:13 4 The one south east of us could be seen advancing toward us but hit the high pressure ridge and stalled out...so we got sfa.

Today, tonight and tomorrow we have a 30% chance of showers and 70% probability of disappointment. Reply With Quote
farmaholic's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 06:18 5 Grassy, how much liquid gold did you get yesterday(Friday). Reply With Quote
May 25, 2019 | 06:29 6 Down for 1/100 of an inch today.
Beggars ought not to be choosers

If fact the radar says it's raining right now. Sidewalk says otherwise Reply With Quote
May 25, 2019 | 06:53 7
Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
Grassy, how much liquid gold did you get yesterday(Friday).
A good 6/10ths farma. Might finally germinate some grass seed we put in a month ago. Sounds like lots in the south got either side of a half inch but quickly petered out as you go north. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 25, 2019 | 10:56 8
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Here is the trough line from yesterday..
    Holy crap. Lloydminster got a good inchthen 2” of hail. We got a good half but sounds north and south of us got nothing. God fertile turd looks to be swimming. This’ll hold us over for a while. Hope winds stay away now and we’ll be okay. Reply With Quote
    May 25, 2019 | 13:03 9 Not great for emerging canola Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 13:41 10 I hate to say this but it looks to me like a clear pitch is opening above us and we will get SFA Reply With Quote
    May 25, 2019 | 14:12 11
    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Holy crap. Lloydminster got a good inchthen 2” of hail. We got a good half but sounds north and south of us got nothing. God fertile turd looks to be swimming. This’ll hold us over for a while. Hope winds stay away now and we’ll be okay.
    1.65 so far here, which is already half of what we had all of last year.

    Not sure if that was a typo but God fertile turd has to be one of the best expletives I've heard for a while. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 25, 2019 | 14:37 12 Furrow’s pics just make me nervous. I want nothing to do with that kind of crap. Rain makes pain! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • farmaholic's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 16:48 13 Name:  Screenshot_20190525-164450.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  20.3 KB

    Saturday afternoon about 4:45 pm.

    About a quarter inch, hard and fast, at Ghetto Headquarters. The Ghetto is concentrated into a tight block and by the looks of the radar most of it would have got some.

    I'm so happy, I liked my own post on purpose!
    Last edited by farmaholic; May 25, 2019 at 16:52.
    Reply With Quote

  • May 25, 2019 | 17:46 14 Not enough to lay the dust here. The neighborhood is out spraying and cant see the sprayer for dust. Rain last night was about an hour north and today about an hour south of us. Frustrating. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • helmsdale's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 17:49 15
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20190525-164450.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  20.3 KB

    Saturday afternoon about 4:45 pm.

    About a quarter inch, hard and fast, at Ghetto Headquarters. The Ghetto is concentrated into a tight block and by the looks of the radar most of it would have got some.

    I'm so happy, I liked my own post on purpose!
    She's awful early in the season to be rain shower lottery weather...

    On the upside, it "smelled nice" here for a few hours early this morning. Massive dump of about 4 or 5 inches... between rain drops on the patio! My garden of eden is patiently awaiting something of substance. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • farmaholic's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 18:00 16 I realize it wasn't a pile but it's a small sweet victory that will help ensure shallow seeded flax, canola and mustard that was possibly stranded in dry dirt gets a chance.

    Caseih, Now I can start looking! Reply With Quote
    May 25, 2019 | 18:17 17 About a half inch out west of Edmonton and it was pretty general and gentle too. The grass finally has enough gas to get in gear ......... a little late but better than never. Gotta get some fence checked and a bunch more pairs vaccinated then the cows and I are both happy.



    Hayfield looks promising although the Timothy has some heads showing already and it’s quite short. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 19:00 18 Only 2 mills.. Reply With Quote
    May 25, 2019 | 20:20 19 6/10 today. 8/10 on our west land. First moisture since the snow melted. Reply With Quote
    makar's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 23:10 20 Explain to my son digging gumbo out of the drill packers the difference between liquid gold and poison. Reply With Quote
    farmaholic's Avatar May 25, 2019 | 23:36 21
    Quote Originally Posted by makar View Post
    Explain to my son digging gumbo out of the drill packers the difference between liquid gold and poison.
    In some instances too much of a good thing is never good. Extremes are seldom useful. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2019 | 01:49 22 No one knows gumbo like the guy who has to use a pry bar and sledge hammer to chip the packed solid -with - mud packers. That experience parallels the lasting memories of bleeding knuckles after cutting buckwheat out of combine cylinder with a saber saw during lentil combining. (One of those truly precious lasting memories). Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar May 26, 2019 | 04:51 23 Well, we got skunked for rain and its on to finish seeding today. Or F#$k it tomorrow as I really don't care this year. So total for the month is like Grass would say count every drop. Piss all like pissing in the wind. Oh, and do we have winds this year.

    Hailed in Regina at the house. My camera at one point showed the back yard white and my sons truck had what looked like snow on the hood. Wascana creek was running. So a hard fast rain and gravel looked dry on side of the road when we got back. Reply With Quote
    AllisWD45's Avatar May 26, 2019 | 05:44 24 Feegoose Makoo here just heavy frost here this morning. Does that mean it will rain here November 25? Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2019 | 07:16 25
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    In some instances too much of a good thing is never good. Extremes are seldom useful.
    Except that's always agriculture in Canada. Too much, too little, too late. Grown a crop on one or two rains past few yrs. Before that I had 30% of my land base flooded for a few yrs. This is getting ridiculous. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar May 26, 2019 | 08:28 26 If you believe farmzone..
    Next chance of rain for us is June 8th... Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2019 | 08:40 27
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Except that's always agriculture in Canada. Too much, too little, too late. Grown a crop on one or two rains past few yrs. Before that I had 30% of my land base flooded for a few yrs. This is getting ridiculous.
    Certainly a land of extremes. Very grateful to get rain on Friday, then another 1/4" yesterday and spitting again this morning. It's only 4C at 9.30 though - but supposed to be 24C by Tuesday! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • May 26, 2019 | 08:47 28

    10 day precipitation forecast. Whens it going to be too late to put soybeans in in the midwest? Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2019 | 08:52 29
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post

    10 day precipitation forecast. Whens it going to be too late to put soybeans in in the midwest?
    I would say if guys aren't in by first week or so in June she is a write off. They wont take the chance after that and will just get insurance.

    Great ag reset. trade war combined with weather disaster. Reply With Quote
    May 26, 2019 | 09:18 30
    Quote Originally Posted by sumdumguy View Post
    No one knows gumbo like the guy who has to use a pry bar and sledge hammer to chip the packed solid -with - mud packers. That experience parallels the lasting memories of bleeding knuckles after cutting buckwheat out of combine cylinder with a saber saw during lentil combining. (One of those truly precious lasting memories).
    Best memory for me is cutting flaxstraw outta feeder paddles on a 750 massey with a chainsaw and sawzall and pulling straw till your fingers bled Reply With Quote