• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding / crop progress

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding / crop progress

Some crop up now
    Most guys wrapping up this week
    Moisture still good for now , except east of here towards Maymont and south toward Biggar

We are done..now waiting for rain.
    Some crops are up..
    Lots are still seeding but will not be far behind the guys that started May 1st..
    Foŕecast looks like the real cold shit has left ..

Comment

About the same here Furrow. Most guys will be done this week and first seeded wheat fields just poking out. Moisture good for now but some fields were seeded wet and the clay will dry really hard and a little rain shower would help with that.

Comment

Seeding will restart after the cold snap at the end of May according to what I read this morning....it wasn't that long ago that I was spraying on June 5 with the worry the spray didn't work because of a window scraping the morning after...

Comment

Some sprayers still given er in 40k winds plus doing burn off with crop up next door ... always makes me cringe 😬.

Comment

Hit the last 1/3 of the crop to seed Monday

Comment

Should wrap up today. Need some precipitation, its dry as F&$@......

Thank goodness for gps and mapping. I couldnt see a thing last night seeding...

Comment

3-4 days left
                70 % done
                Weekend at the lake maybe comin up?
                Crop comin up
                Life is good!
                Best time of year
                Last edited by Guest; May 21, 2019, 12:09.

Comment

Done. Everything up but last 160 of wheat and the mustard... put the mustard into moisture, sure hoping it can get up and established before ur dies the top right out.

I can imagine I'll have two stages if growth as that magical 3/10ths that makes germination look easy seems difficult to come by, but hopefully 75%+ gets up and going. Tails are about 1" long on what I can find.

We'll hang on for awhile yet provided we don't get 80° heat to accompany the relentless wind as of late. Punched a penetrometer easily to between 18 and 21", and a soil probe shows the top 12 minus the surface is still wet.

Comment

Looking forward to 2020. 2019 is a write off

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Looking forward to 2020. 2019 is a write off
                      Its next year country already?

Comment

Not prairie wide but there is a big area with very little sub soil moisture.
                        We can't grow a crop on the prairies with a few rains and no reserve.

This crop will stumble very quickly in some areas. One weather model took out decent rain prospects for first few days of June. Nothing for the next 16 days and warmer temps. It's toast

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          Seeding will restart after the cold snap at the end of May according to what I read this morning....it wasn't that long ago that I was spraying on June 5 with the worry the spray didn't work because of a window scraping the morning after...
                          Yes the 25th should be the -8 or -10 that kicks us into summer. Flip of the switch and the blowtorch hits

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                            Not prairie wide but there is a big area with very little sub soil moisture.
                            We can't grow a crop on the prairies with a few rains and no reserve.

This crop will stumble very quickly in some areas. One weather model took out decent rain prospects for first few days of June. Nothing for the next 16 days and warmer temps. It's toast
                            Been there several times, not fun at all.
                            And when the moisture situation is at that point , no grass , 1/10 or 2/10 does absolutely no fukin good whatsoever.
                            As some are finding out ... when one starts that dry , showers are useless. Again it is a fact and is what it is . Some of us have been there several times .
                            Mud sucks but so does drought .
                            There is a tremendous amount of money 💰 in the ground right now . Not like a pasture of hay crop with zero dollars into it yet . There is a massive difference. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Its next year country already?
                              Hopefully not, I at least want my money back....because I'm stoopid enough to do it again next year!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...