• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut off the Trolls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s all opinions. I don’t know why someone would block anyone at all. Just don’t read the post if it annoys you.
    Sensorship really would be not good. If everyone that only had the same view was allowed to post what would be rhe point of a discussion forum? May as well call it the dictation forum instead. Get you dose of one sided brainwashing.
    Can’t think of one poster that hasn’t at least at times posted some good points.

Comment

As LBJ said. " Better to have them inside the tent pissing out than outside pissing in".

Comment

Welcome to the real world where shockingly, people are entitled to have their own opinions on a public discussion forum and can choose what they want to discuss.

Put five farmers in a room and you will get seven opinions.

If you want only to listen to like minded people crawl back into your cave and start your own private chat group.

Even if you don't agree with someone points of view it is interesting to see the the thinking or lack of thinking that goes in to different perspectives. If you are never challenged to defend your opinions, you don't exercise the grey matter.

It seems as if a lot of people on this site are incapable of debate and just want to have their own views reinforced.
        I guess its easier to just shut off other ideas than it is to to defend arguments with evidence.
        Last edited by chuckChuck; May 21, 2019, 07:06.

Comment

I disagree. Anyone who wants to engage in factual discussions should be welcomed even if its a differing view point. Thats all good. The guys on AV arent even close to being trolls even if they have unconventional theories. Spend a day on another forum like twitter or cbc and you will see some whack troll stuff from some very fringe groups. I cant see anyone who has a connection to farming having much in common with those nut jobs.

Soon chuck will have to see the genius of trump and come over to our side.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            I disagree. Anyone who wants to engage in factual discussions should be welcomed even if its a differing view point. Thats all good. The guys on AV arent even close to being trolls even if they have unconventional theories. Spend a day on another forum like twitter or cbc and you will see some whack troll stuff from some very fringe groups. I cant see anyone who has a connection to farming having much in common with those nut jobs.

Soon chuck will have to see the genius of trump and come over to our side.
            Right on Jazz. I like Agriville because you can find evidence to backup your arguments and include articles, references, graphs, images, links, etc. The local coffee shop is good if you just want to talk about the weather, neighbors and express a few mild opinions. But Agriville has far more in depth discussions where you can come and go and not forget what you or the other guy said! Plus most of us are too busy to make it to coffee row.

Comment

One erson's troll is another's soothsayer.

Comment

Remember BTOfarmall and how many times he was banned and would just come back with a slightly different username probably associated with a new email address...it was a game to him.

Ban or censor someone but nothing stopping them from doing what BTO did.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Comment

Breadwinner, has started this type of tread several times accusing posters of being trolls and labeled me as being one as well. So nothing new from him!

Everybody is entitled to post their own opinion and it's up to the Administers of Agriville to monitor the site.

If coming on Agriville upsets you because of differentiating opinions you most live in a bubble or lived a very sheltered protected life.

One solution, don't read Agriville!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Remember BTOfarmall and how many times he was banned and would just come back with a slightly different username probably associated with a new email address...it was a game to him.

Ban or censor someone but nothing stopping them from doing what BTO did.

Take what you like and leave the rest.
                    Hes still on here
                    Has mellowed a lot

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Hes still on here
                      Has mellowed a lot
                      Wasn’t he a disenchanted Hutterite? His posts were entertaining. Then there was Burbert. Did he die or get a job with the NDP. Two diametrically opposite viewpoints there but both radical and trolish at times. Still had points to make.

Comment

Post such as this Just make us look bad. Don't lower yourselves to the level of the "tolerant " radical leftists, For whom Banning free speech, disallowing Open debate, and Silencing anyone who disagrees with them Are hallmarks of their belief system.

The Trolls and useful idiots deserve equal opportunity to prove their ignorance of science, economics, agriculture, and human nature as the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Post such as this Just make us look bad. Don't lower yourselves to the level of the "tolerant " radical leftists, For whom Banning free speech, disallowing Open debate, and Silencing anyone who disagrees with them Are hallmarks of their belief system.

The Trolls and useful idiots deserve equal opportunity to prove their ignorance of science, economics, agriculture, and human nature as the rest of us.
                          Look in the mirror. And when you are not to busy spouting useless rhetoric of no substance post some evidence to back up your opinions. If you are not too busy that is? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Look in the mirror. And when you are not to busy spouting useless rhetoric of no substance post some evidence to back up your opinions. If you are not too busy that is? LOL
                            Aren't you feeling ungrateful today. Half of agriville is rallying to have you evicted, and I come to your defense, and that is the thanks I get? I even made a post a while back where I specifically thanked you for brining your unique perspective and gathering news sources to keep us informed as to what the enemies of industry free markets and progress are plotting.

Comment

What bugs me more than anything is how little marketing based discussions there are. ****en Climate change, politics and some other stuff unrelated to marketing/farming.

The crusade against conventional farming is getting old too.

I know I've contributed my share of useless drivel to this forum as well.

Best of luck everyone, with the 2019 crop and marketing it. I know I could have done alot better job of marketing the 2018 crop..... I dare NOT calculate the money left on the table. Coulda shoulda woulda

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                What bugs me more than anything is how little marketing based discussions there are. ****en Climate change, politics and some other stuff unrelated to marketing/farming.

The crusade against conventional farming is getting old too.

I know I've contributed my share of useless drivel to this forum as well.

Best of luck everyone, with the 2019 crop and marketing it. I know I could have done alot better job of marketing the 2018 crop..... I dare NOT calculate the money left on the table. Coulda shoulda woulda
                                Agree, marketing, market analysis, Market movers, grain price forecasts/influences, crop conditions, maybe weather/ rain, BUT NO F*ING CLIMATE CHANGE DOOMSDAY SCARYING US TO RUN AND HIDE! Just as religion/cult/LGBTQ/abortion issue, keep your beliefs to your self. Nobody will change his/her mind.
                                Last edited by fjlip; May 21, 2019, 13:25.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.