• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind

Whoever is running the big A$$ fan to the southeast of me could you please turn it off. 💨 It was kinda nice for the day after the rain to dry things up a bit but It’s now sucking the moisture and life out of everything. Still at least two more days forecasted. Worked a bunch of pairs today and had the insulated coveralls on all day. Some empty mineral bags blew away and I’m sure they’re past Grande Prairie already.

Please🤞
    Now I know what a mouse feels like being trapped in an aeration duct with the fan on.

I was spreading straw today. I just tossed a fork full up in the air in the SE corner of the pasture and it spread nicely over the area.

They're seeding the field around me right now, somehow there isn't a dust cloud behind the drill. Unfortunately just the way the road is in front of the house, every time someone drives past my yard gets filled up with dust. Much prefer those north west winds that blow it away! Which is saying a lot because I'm not a fan of the NW winds either.

Comment

Yes getting tiring fighting to open the tractor door or trying to keep it from breaking off. Fertilizer dust in the eyes and seed treatment in the teeth also getting old!

Comment

The wind at 40-50 k helps you spray better , just ask some BTO type guys ..
        does not matter at all , whatsoever , that there is crop up now . They don’t give a *** ...ever

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          The wind at 40-50 k helps you spray better , just ask some BTO type guys ..
          does not matter at all , whatsoever , that there is crop up now . They don’t give a *** ...ever
          Those low drift pulsating nozzles are good for hurricane force winds!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            Those low drift pulsating nozzles are good for hurricane force winds!
            Good for shit!!! Yes

Comment

Maybe no wind during incrop spraying this year, something good has to come from this.

Comment

I don't know how the guys in the perpetually windy areas get any spraying done, or don't go crazy.

We are typically one of the calmest areas, and it is hard to get any spraying done. This spring the sprayer is frozen in the mornings, then it is windy by the time it thaws out, then it is dark by the time the wind dies down enough.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  I don't know how the guys in the perpetually windy areas get any spraying done, or don't go crazy.

We are typically one of the calmest areas, and it is hard to get any spraying done. This spring the sprayer is frozen in the mornings, then it is windy by the time it thaws out, then it is dark by the time the wind dies down enough.
                  Yes it has been very tough at times

Comment

1) The relentless wind continues to blow.

2) Parts and hydraulic hoses are a God awful price.

2) No significant rain in the forecast.

3) Justin remains leader of the Liberal party.

By the way did the youngster ever apologize to Vice Admiral Mark Norman, and the Canadian taxpayers for wasting 15 million in a failed attempt to prosecute a innocent man, what an absolute waste and total disrespect of peoples money.

I guess I shouldn't complain, a person could be on death row in the middle east and you find out the guy wielding the sword is your wife's boyfriend.

Comment

What wind? The North East has had two of the nicest spring days I can remember. Dead calm yesterday and 21, slight breeze today and 22. Turn the corner with the tractor and your dust is just hanging there. Dam it’s hot though😎

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        What wind? The North East has had two of the nicest spring days I can remember. Dead calm yesterday and 21, slight breeze today and 22. Turn the corner with the tractor and your dust is just hanging there. Dam it’s hot though😎
                        Wasnt that nice
                        And o cant find anything to spray

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Wasnt that nice
                          And o cant find anything to spray
                          That's to bad! Perfect spray days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.