• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wx / Drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wx / Drought

Anybody else getting un-nerved by this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	total precip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	778391

Name:	precip index.jpg
ID:	778392

Name:	prct of avg.jpg
ID:	778393

Nope because we are all in the same boat....

No sense in being an isolated spot when shit hits the fan...

Besides it's raining down east ...there is no problem....

Keep throwing 250 pounds at that 80 dollar canola seed....

This year will tell the tale....

Comment

Yep, maybe time to quit seeding canola and start seeding cow-chow instead?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Nope because we are all in the same boat....

No sense in being an isolated spot when shit hits the fan...

Besides it's raining down east ...there is no problem....

Agree .... certain Ag retailers here still pushing for Max everything... and if you tell them no , we are just putting the basics down because of two main things , exactly what Klause just posted and the complete market *** up by our leader Peter Pan , they almost scoff at you if you dont go along with the “max program” .
        I , and many others on here have all said this before .... the whole Ag industry here needs a boot on the ass ... we don’t live in Iowa .
        Max inputs only pay 1 in 8 or 10 years in most areas.
        You can’t properly insure for the costs of those high input programs .
        Anyway, hopefully moisture comes to dry areas. There is a very dry and dire huge area already in Western Canada as shown by those maps ...... they don’t lie ..

Comment

Yes. For cow guys in our area it's going to be another year with little to no hay. Had a start then all the frost stopped any growth. It was white everywhere this morning and very little rain. 2 tenths this week does little for dry pasture or hay. Grain guys have different problems. When or if to seed that canola. How many groceries do you throw at it. Another spring with hard decisions to make.

Comment

Those boys in Iowa can't catch a break either. Opposite end of the spectrum.

10 day doesn't look promising for us. Or their planting.

Name:	10 day.jpg
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	767299

Comment

Yes , been extremely wet down there .

Comment

You guys....just stop and think for a second then ask yourself, "wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter"?

Let that reverberate in your cranium for a while.

Comment

And i am too wet i am dragging trucks in the yard with tractors and cant touch an acre.
                  Last edited by makar; May 17, 2019, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Yep, maybe time to quit seeding canola and start seeding cow-chow instead?
                    Greenfeed would be a lot easier on the combine....

Cowboys will be licking their lips at a sub 30 bpa crop when the grain guys realize they are not making money after they look at their input bill....

Comment

My God some of you are so dense
                      Go take out your million dollar cash advance and then wait for your shitty agristability to kick in.
                      No worries.

Comment

$2 payment coming on US grown beans. Just say $6.50 future's assuming no fundamental change. Where's that put canola? Sub $8? Its the race to the bottom and noone gives a shit about supply, there's plenty. Don't fall in for the "hope" getting sold by the leeches.

Comment

In reply to the original question, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Thanks bucket I was just packing the drill with $200 an acre fert and canola seed when I saw your post. I begged dad to unload the drill and put flax in. Nope he said we have to seed canola because we got a 54 bu crop last yr. I wonder if he knew the price was almost $2 higher then.

Comment

Sometimes I write posts just to play devils advocate....to each their own ....

There is one world of ****ing hurt coming if a shower doesn't show up in the next month....I am not ready to say the fat lady is singing....but she might be gargling on the throat juice....

I have said it many times ....no western Canadian farmer can use their equity to compete against the treasuries of other nations....Trump has thrown 12 billion at farmers with another 15 billion coming..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.