The Rain Lottery

Commodity Marketing

Tools

The Rain Lottery

fjlip's Avatar May 15, 2019 | 14:01 1 Sneaking up on 3/10", still raining, apparently that will be it for a week... Reply With Quote
May 15, 2019 | 14:14 2

Satellite shows a lot of systems Idaho way. They used to come our way. Would be good. Reply With Quote
May 15, 2019 | 14:50 3 Probably a half inch or so here and still sprinkling a little. Odd puddle but no runoff. Everything is greasy and going to be fun feeding today.

Already slid into a gate. At least I was empty and hopefully that’s it but I doubt it. Wet clay hills and wagons are always fun. I love watching grass grow even in the dark of night in this weather. Hills and trees are finally looking alive. Reply With Quote
May 15, 2019 | 15:24 4 grass hasn't even started to grow here yet Reply With Quote
May 15, 2019 | 15:54 5 Looks like about 3/10s here as well. Thankful it was a small rain. Reply With Quote
May 15, 2019 | 21:06 6 About 2/10ths here. Next chance next Wed now according to YR.NO. Looking at an inch instead of 3+. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 06:33 7 4.8mm, so 1mm under 2 tenths. Froze again here last night , but rest of week looks good. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 07:02 8 .9 mm
About a quarter inch of rain/snow water this spring

Now no rain in forecast till end of month. Oh boy Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 07:40 9
Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
.9 mm
About a quarter inch of rain/snow water this spring

Now no rain in forecast till end of month. Oh boy
ouch ,that is dry 101, what general area are you ? Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 10:41 10
Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
About 2/10ths here. Next chance next Wed now according to YR.NO. Looking at an inch instead of 3+.
That’s quite the downgrade from what they were predicting for you a few days ago. We’re sitting pretty now and need some sun to get back in the field and to kick the grass into grow mode. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 11:57 11
Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
That’s quite the downgrade from what they were predicting for you a few days ago. We’re sitting pretty now and need some sun to get back in the field and to kick the grass into grow mode.
Yep, lot of cattle guys going to be in a pile of trouble very quickly without rain. Cattle already turned out in this area on some of the worst overgrazed pastures from last year - you can still see the gopher's feet! Rapidly approaching the point where first cut hay crops will be limited whether it rains or not. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 12:18 12
Yep, lot of cattle guys going to be in a pile of trouble very quickly without rain. Cattle already turned out in this area on some of the worst overgrazed pastures from last year - you can still see the gopher's feet! Rapidly approaching the point where first cut hay crops will be limited whether it rains or not.
Are you in southern manitoba ? Never was sure where you were ? Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 12:56 13
Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
Are you in southern manitoba ? Never was sure where you were ?
SW Manitoba, 25 miles north of the international border. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 13:24 14 Not sure but south central and sw sask very dry still as well Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 13:35 15
SW Manitoba, 25 miles north of the international border.
We were in your backyard a few months ago when we drove from winkler to weyburn. Managed to find every road banned at 65% between there it seemed and I’m sure I was a little overweight even without the bans😉

Luckily no cops or DOT’s bothered us so all was good😎 Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 14:13 16 Good seeding conditions here in southwest/southcentral sask. Had 3 Tenths of rain and 12-16 inches of snow end of April. Lentils chickipeas and durum up with some canola just starting to emerge. Wouldn't say no to a nice general rain though. Gophers seem to be making a comeback with more of the little striped bastards Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 14:27 17
Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
Good seeding conditions here in southwest/southcentral sask. Had 3 Tenths of rain and 12-16 inches of snow end of April. Lentils chickipeas and durum up with some canola just starting to emerge. Wouldn't say no to a nice general rain though. Gophers seem to be making a comeback with more of the little striped bastards
I noticed same thing this year, wonder what that means? Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 15:32 18 Retirement😃😄 Reply With Quote
Blaithin's Avatar May 16, 2019 | 21:05 19 Got about 8/10 between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Seems fairly localized but I’ll take it gladly! Might even have to mow my lawn! - #problemsofactuallygettingrain

I’d happily take another inch this weekend. Reply With Quote
May 16, 2019 | 21:54 20 2tenths at home pretty much it all spring .but about 6 miles away . Must have got more so I am seeding canola.
Dust Is flying on the road at home again .maybe by the time i get back there ; i will get lucky Reply With Quote