• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investors pulling funds from equities . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investors pulling funds from equities . . . .

Apparently, investors withdrew more than $20 billion from stock markets over the past week.
    More than $7 billion was transferred into bond markets.
    Suspect most funds headed straight into cash due to Trump trade war.

Dow recovered more than 400 points mid-day, after Trump stated yesterday’s talks with China were constuctive. Dow was in major trouble for the day when this statement was issued. But Treasury Secreatary Mnuchin stated after market close that further talks were not planned with China. Doesn’t sound like constructive talks. No further mention of Xi’s beautiful letter . . . .

VIX volatility index rocketed higher this week. Bitcoin has been on-fire as well. Gold and silver continue to struggle.

Commodity markets globally had a dreadful week. July beans now threatening to break $8/bu.

Ripley’s Believe it or Not stated Canada created 106,500 jobs in April, a light year above the average guess of just 12,000 jobs and the largest increase since 1976. Investors didn’t appear to buy into the theory of a healthy Cdn economy as loonie was up meekly . . . Go figure.

Group . . . Crazy factor may be in full gear next week. Volatility may continue to pick-up in equities. Trump’s major threat appears more the stock market than China (IMO). Talks may drag-on for months, maybe years. Get used to tariffs as they are now likely permanent (IMO).

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
    Apparently, investors withdrew more than $20 billion from stock markets over the past week.
    More than $7 billion was transferred into bond markets.
    Suspect most funds headed straight into cash due to Trump trade war.

Dow recovered more than 400 points mid-day, after Trump stated yesterday’s talks with China were constuctive. Dow was in major trouble for the day when this statement was issued. But Treasury Secreatary Mnuchin stated after market close that further talks were not planned with China. Doesn’t sound like constructive talks. No further mention of Xi’s beautiful letter . . . .

VIX volatility index rocketed higher this week. Bitcoin has been on-fire as well. Gold and silver continue to struggle.

Commodity markets globally had a dreadful week. July beans now threatening to break $8/bu.

Ripley’s Believe it or Not stated Canada created 106,500 jobs in April, a light year above the average guess of just 12,000 jobs and the largest increase since 1976. Investors didn’t appear to buy into the theory of a healthy Cdn economy as loonie was up meekly . . . Go figure.

Group . . . Crazy factor may be in full gear next week. Volatility may continue to pick-up in equities. Trump’s major threat appears more the stock market than China (IMO). Talks may drag-on for months, maybe years. Get used to tariffs as they are now likely permanent (IMO).
    Some on here believe this tall tale about job creation
    I certainly dont

Comment

I'm glad you feel the same as I do on the job numbers. Didn't we lose over 76000 the month before and now up 106000. You can't make up shit like this.

Is it the new math and a stupid population.

Hell, last night I went to get a phone changed because it rained and I had a free night well after going to the usual 4 stores that were all closed early I finally found a store open. Yes, I'm still using SaskTel. For rural that's all that works. Well, the kid mumbled something in an oh its a job is an important look at me. He said something about checking the phone and mirror. But their mirror was not working. Like WTF I said. He came back with the Bullshit like If you keep that language up ill have to ask you to leave and not serve you.

I said you're going to pull that card, are you? Or just explain how a mirror doesn't work this isn't Cinderella skippy.

Let's just say I didn't get the phone.

my point is what have we created with new education. This is a voter and a not bright one at that. This is what believes all the stuff on their phone to be true.

So make believe numbers can happen.

Just frustrating, if we were ever attacked Canada would be done in One day.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Some on here believe this tall tale about job creation
        I certainly dont
        Between the Admiral Norman scandal, SNC Lavalin scandal, groping scandal, illegal vacations and other Liberal harassment/obstructing Justice scandals Trudeau and crew have hired a crazy amount of law firms around Ottawa that is taxpayers cover the tab.

This job creation likely doesn’t help our country. 🙈

Comment

Well isn't it strange that everyone is doubting the validity of the Canadian employment data yet no one is questioning the US figures? Trump insisted before and during his election campaign that the unemployment rate "was one of the biggest hoaxes in politics".
          Same non-partisan Government department is still compiling the monthly statistics but according to Trump "They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now"
          Couldn't make this s#$% up. Can't believe so many of you are fooled by Don the Con.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Well isn't it strange that everyone is doubting the validity of the Canadian employment data yet no one is questioning the US figures? Trump insisted before and during his election campaign that the unemployment rate "was one of the biggest hoaxes in politics".
            Same non-partisan Government department is still compiling the monthly statistics but according to Trump "They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now"
            Couldn't make this s#$% up. Can't believe so many of you are fooled by Don the Con.
            Don May be a con , but Justin Castro ... has turn a beautiful Canadian economy into Cuba just like his real daddy ..
            NFG did anyone

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              look around your area , talk to tradesmen , salesmen , etc .
              decide for yourself
              don't believe everything trudeau media tells you or the state broadcaster

Comment

If anyone has access to the USDAs feed use numbers, have a look at the change since Trump got in. Magically all the livestock has gotten more efficient. The numbers are showing what would be used in a drought or $8 corn scenario. It's ****ed. And they are projecting the animals will only get better in years ahead which is affecting corn carryover numbers to the tune of about 8mmt a year. Massive rot with govt employees. Look for yourself. They are cooking the books.

Comment

Trump gives China another month to make a deal . . . or else . . .

Then what?? . . . Stock markets crash? World enters a depression?

Reminds me of the movie, ‘The war of roses’.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                    Trump gives China another month to make a deal . . . or else . . .

Then what?? . . . Stock markets crash? World enters a depression?

Reminds me of the movie, ‘The war of roses’.
                    There are already predictions. US GDP will fall to 2%. Chinas probably gets a similar haircut. Canada gets some collateral damage but not that bad. We are already getting it. Probably worldwide recession of some type. But this is more than an economic war. Its a war for hegemony and neither are going to back down from that regardless of the economic impacts. The US has the advantage in a downturn. Fed policy, treasury, reserve currency.

This would be a golden opportunity for Canada to reset a real deal with china. One based in reality. Simple deal. We don't criticize the way they run their country and they keep their corrupt authoritarian paws out of our economy and we trade goods, period.

Comment

Comment

A no-win situation, just business casualties and economic fallout . . . .

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/13/china-is-raising-tariffs-on-60-billion-of-us-goods-starting-june-1.html

Comment

One thing I have learned the past few years is that you can't be sitting on the can when it is time to lift US market shorts. What is a smart phone for? as more people learn that the tariffs are beneficial to the US, the market will melt up.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                            One thing I have learned the past few years is that you can't be sitting on the can when it is time to lift US market shorts. What is a smart phone for? as more people learn that the tariffs are beneficial to the US, the market will melt up.
                            ajl, that is the American political version of events to unfold . . . . but U.S. business will be hit hard and it'll be a slap to GDP (IMO).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...