• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ottawa contractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ottawa contractors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Three contractors were touring the Parliament Buildings on the same day.

One was from Edmonton, one from Calgary and the third from Ottawa.

At the end of the tour, their host asked them what they did for a living.

When they each replied that they were contractors the host said, "Hey, we need one of the rear fences redone. Why don't you guys look at it and give me a bid. So to the back fence they went.

First up was the Edmonton contractor. He took out his tape measure and pencil, did some measuring and said, "well I figure the job will run about $900. That's $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

Next was the Calgary contractor. He also took out his tape measure and pencil, did some quick figuring and said, "Looks like I can do this job for $700. That's $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

Next up was the Ottawa contractor, and without so much as moving, says, "$2,700"

The host incredulously looks at him and says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

"Easy," says the contractor from Ottawa, "That's $1,000 for me, $1,000 for you and we hire the guy from Calgary."
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...