• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thank you notes

Thank you to Trudeau for a few more trips crossing the country for a holiday...
    Thank you to climate barbie for the same...You two really give a shit about the environment ??????

Thank you for the ads in our posts now...this site must be gaining traction...it seems our opinions are showing up in other media in some form ....I do like this site....better than the coffee shop...

Thank you for the return of winter this weekend...moisture will be appreciated...

Thank you for not being able to make up my mind as to what to seed this year....a well established farmer told me "..we will just be going through the motions this year...""" Fine for him he's living on interest ....not so good for 75 % of us ...it likely means no profit....

Thank you to the federal government for defeating the motion for an emergency debate on canola.. 9 ****ING TIMES

Thank you for Saskpulse for staying amazingly silent on all of this when lentils have dropped 9 bucks a bushel in 2 years....thanks for representing pulse growers so well....3 years of poor returns and canola made the headlines in under 2 weeks....

Thanks for the warm temps.we got some harrowing and rock picking done..

Comment

Big things happening down east ...major flooding....I do feel for them....especially when a dam is about to break.....You would think they would start monitoring it at 75 percent FSL and releasing it as the weather warrants...
      Last edited by bucket; Apr 26, 2019, 10:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Thanks for the warm temps.we got some harrowing and rock picking done..
        Agree , this April has been a excellent weather for this whole area to help finish harvest and deal with all the fallout from last years terrible harvest .
        A lot of fields back in shape before the end of April , very good thing

Comment

Thank you for a courtesy call from Viterra.....Last time I spoke with someone from head office they told me I only did 25000 dollars worth of business....they closed the local elevator due to lentil prices....now they are looking for lentils but an extra hour drive....

The phone call ended with " ..I have been told by head office I didn't do enough business with you ...I am not big enough to worry about....**** off....."

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Thank you for a courtesy call from Viterra.....Last time I spoke with someone from head office they told me I only did 25000 dollars worth of business....they closed the local elevator due to lentil prices....now they are looking for lentils but an extra hour drive....

The phone call ended with " ..I have been told by head office I didn't do enough business with you ...I am not big enough to worry about....**** off....."
            Lol...thank you for being you, Bucket...🙂

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
              If I could hit the like button one hundred times in his post I would!

No sugar coating with bucket.

Comment

Viterra closed the local 10000 tonne concrete and the guy calling says it was before he started there .....I don't care you and its still Viterra.....I haven't hauled a bushel to Viterra since...they don't miss me and the feeling is mutual....I mentioned P&H has coffee after an hour and a half drive....might be a lower price....its already cost me the extra miles....

Comment

No offense bucket, but lentils were never supposed to be 50c. They have been historically 13-25c for reds anyway. That seems to be a market anomaly and not tariff related. A 15% percent tariff shoulnt result in a 50% price drop.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    No offense bucket, but lentils were never supposed to be 50c. They have been historically 13-25c for reds anyway. That seems to be a market anomaly and not tariff related. A 15% percent tariff shoulnt result in a 50% price drop.
                    No offence taken ....but a combine wasn't suppose to cost 750,000 either....Its all relative... Fuel shouldn't be 1.35 a liter at the pumps....you know where I am going...

The 8 dollar per bushel drop is from 32 cents to 19 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                      should be "the right honorable bucket"

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        should be "the right honorable bucket"
                        After watching the current buffoon of a prime minister....I can say without a doubt I am overqualified to be called the right honorable anything. ..lmao

Comment

A big high five to all seeding and then wondering why it’s not growing or rotting in the field.

A big thank you to crap insurance who will pay these guys to reseed.

A big thank you to the ocean for not hurting our Pm on his 60 th vacation.

A bigger thank you for the snow that’s coming, oh right it’s April not global cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            A big high five to all seeding and then wondering why it’s not growing or rotting in the field.

A big thank you to crap insurance who will pay these guys to reseed.

A big thank you to the ocean for not hurting our Pm on his 60 th vacation.

A bigger thank you for the snow that’s coming, oh right it’s April not global cooling.
                            Same guys that reseeded canola years ago are out there busting their ass ....its a gamble but why????

And there is the possibility of a later May frost yet this year...its dry below ....its dry on top...this isn't 17 and 18 where the subsoil moisture with a layer soaking rain would pull the crop through along with a few forest fires,,,,...It rained less in 2018 than in 1988....not sure what I don't understand....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...