Peas/Dead, Lentils/Dead, Durum/Dead Canola/Dead wait JT is working hard to get HRS

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Peas/Dead, Lentils/Dead, Durum/Dead Canola/Dead wait JT is working hard to get HRS

SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 06:38 1 So the first shot to kill ag in western Canada was years back when India came out with a 50% Tarif on our Peas and lentils and our Pm went and danced and looked like a fool rather than a PM. Remember him waving to no one as he arrived and stepped out of the jet. No one met him.

Remember boys and girls what all our organizations said and did and what the gov did. Yes, your right nothing it was oh well shit happens and move on attitude.

Then the Durum shit show with Italy. Yea like our Durum has issues. Really. Again nothing was done Science will win out. Keep believing MR. Farmer, We have your back. Cough hahaha.

Then our Pm who I am certain doesn't have a brain cell in his head does a favour for Trump and arrests a Chinese lady. She left the USA why not just detain her in Newyork. No, we were played. But the real story is her Daddy is a powerful little man in the Chinese New system. For those who can't keep up or are so far up the liberal asshole, he holds a big stick in China.

Well, China is smart and hit us real hard Canola a 27 Billion Dollar crop. Our PM goes surfing in Western Canada and does nothing. His federal department yesterday were so stupid they commented on how other countries would pick up sales of canola and take up the slack. The man is brain damaged. The other countries would at $8.00 a bushel. Who else is waiting for the Idiot junior to do like his old man and give us the finger and say you expect me to sell your Canola for you.

China would get other countries to buy at 8.00 and the ships would be delivered to china.

We have morons running our country and morons running our farm organizations. Science and fair trade won't help us at all. The world is one cruel place and was getting F#$Ked Royally UP the ASS.

Really makes you want to grow a crop in 2019.

But wait junior is up to his usual shit show today and probably will attack or make it seem like he cares and helps the steel industry.

Watch trump hit us hard on Wheat going into the USA.

Perfect storm.

Trudeau for the win with every crop.

Western Ag Finished.

But here is a cash advance.

ARe we just complete Morons. Reply With Quote

  • Apr 23, 2019 | 06:55 2 Between the fool Mr. Dressup and there being too much grain in the world things are not good for Canada on the trade front. Thankfully the CDN dollar is low that is buffering us a bit. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 06:58 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    So the first shot to kill ag in western Canada was years back when India came out with a 50% Tarif on our Peas and lentils and our Pm went and danced and looked like a fool rather than a PM. Remember him waving to no one as he arrived and stepped out of the jet. No one met him.

    Remember boys and girls what all our organizations said and did and what the gov did. Yes, your right nothing it was oh well shit happens and move on attitude.

    Then the Durum shit show with Italy. Yea like our Durum has issues. Really. Again nothing was done Science will win out. Keep believing MR. Farmer, We have your back. Cough hahaha.

    Then our Pm who I am certain doesn't have a brain cell in his head does a favour for Trump and arrests a Chinese lady. She left the USA why not just detain her in Newyork. No, we were played. But the real story is her Daddy is a powerful little man in the Chinese New system. For those who can't keep up or are so far up the liberal asshole, he holds a big stick in China.

    Well, China is smart and hit us real hard Canola a 27 Billion Dollar crop. Our PM goes surfing in Western Canada and does nothing. His federal department yesterday were so stupid they commented on how other countries would pick up sales of canola and take up the slack. The man is brain damaged. The other countries would at $8.00 a bushel. Who else is waiting for the Idiot junior to do like his old man and give us the finger and say you expect me to sell your Canola for you.

    China would get other countries to buy at 8.00 and the ships would be delivered to china.

    We have morons running our country and morons running our farm organizations. Science and fair trade won't help us at all. The world is one cruel place and was getting F#$Ked Royally UP the ASS.

    Really makes you want to grow a crop in 2019.

    But wait junior is up to his usual shit show today and probably will attack or make it seem like he cares and helps the steel industry.

    Watch trump hit us hard on Wheat going into the USA.

    Perfect storm.

    Trudeau for the win with every crop.

    Western Ag Finished.

    But here is a cash advance.

    ARe we just complete Morons.
    My brother in law is not a farmer but understands what is happening. His perspective is this correction will allow China money to come in a buy farmland. There are many successful large farms that cannot be sold to other large farms due to the existing economic environment. Who will be the qualifying candidates to buy so much “expensive” land so the large farmer can realize the financial reward of his last 15-30 years of work?
    The Vancouver/Toronto housing market and casinos are going under the microscope and Chinese people need a new place to launder money out of that country. Reply With Quote

  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:01 4 Just hold tight for 6 more months when we can give the message at the ballet box. We have no other tools. Trudeau is an incompetent naïve fool wrapped up in a liberal cabal from down east with a disdain for any other region they cant totally control. Its the worst combination of all time. But you should know, there is no situation where he comes out on top. If he gets in again and keeps up his west destroying tactics the country will fracture immediately and he will go down as the imbecile that caused it. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 07:03 5 He might be correct on that point also.

    China bought so much Vancouver and Toronto property its sick.

    Now screw ag till it's on its knees and buy cheap large farms who are ready for RB Auction. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 07:03 6
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
    My brother in law is not a farmer but understands what is happening. His perspective is this correction will allow China money to come in a buy farmland. There are many successful large farms that cannot be sold to other large farms due to the existing economic environment. Who will be the qualifying candidates to buy so much “expensive” land so the large farmer can realize the financial reward of his last 15-30 years of work?
    The Vancouver/Toronto housing market and casinos are going under the microscope and Chinese people need a new place to launder money out of that country.
    It’s been a topic of conversation for a while. Some of the very large farms are simply way to big to be taken over in any other way.
    The next ten years we could see a dramatic change on some of those massive farms .
    You would know more than most hobby, there are some very large operators in your area . Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 07:04 7
    Quote Originally Posted by bgmb View Post
    Between the fool Mr. Dressup and there being too much grain in the world things are not good for Canada on the trade front. Thankfully the CDN dollar is low that is buffering us a bit.
    If there is so much grain then why are people still starving?????

    Why don't the rich countries like Canada send them our grain....pay the farmers here....and solve these problems instead of throwing a donation by a tweet.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 07:06 8 Also how come were all getting letters, Emails and Etc from Sask Crop insurance to make sure we sign up or pay our premium or continue using Ag Stab the most useless program out there.

    Ah because a large number of farmers dropped the useless program because of losses that were never paid or had to be all repaid. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:22 9
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Also how come were all getting letters, Emails and Etc from Sask Crop insurance to make sure we sign up or pay our premium or continue using Ag Stab the most useless program out there.

    Ah because a large number of farmers dropped the useless program because of losses that were never paid or had to be all repaid.
    I wonder if the auto sector has autostability, or the steel industry has steelstability....sure seems like a a lot of non repayable loans/grants going certain industries lately....

    133 MILLION written off for one taxpayer...they didn't write send that much out in all of agstability in the last couple years.... One taxpayer 133 million.....that means the taxpayer was making billions.....and they wrote it off...


    Which minister has the authority to write off 133 million ????

    No money for farmers or veterans but 133 million written off.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:24 10
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    It’s been a topic of conversation for a while. Some of the very large farms are simply way to big to be taken over in any other way.
    The next ten years we could see a dramatic change on some of those massive farms .
    You would know more than most hobby, there are some very large operators in your area .

    Maybe big farms haven't heard but you can still sell off quarter by quarter. But I suspect that some of these farms are growing land bases rapidly to create a package to sell to an investor group then probably work for that outfit. Man we wont recognized Canadian ag if that happens. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:25 11 Sk

    "continue using Ag Stab the most useless program out there. "


    So where were your posts when Ritz Cracker and Closet Boy gutted Ag Stab, Ag Invest, PFRA and getting Tom4Tom's Seed Tax implemented?

    No use bitching now on a farmer chat forum! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:31 12
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Sk

    "continue using Ag Stab the most useless program out there. "


    So where were your posts when Ritz Cracker and Closet Boy gutted Ag Stab, Ag Invest, PFRA and getting Tom4Tom's Seed Tax implemented?

    No use bitching now on a farmer chat forum!
    They took ag invest from 3 percent to one percent with a maximum....not much there anymore ..certainly not enough to fund a farm...

    It was stupid to get rid of the PFRA...I haven't figured the logic there ...Goodale wants to re-instate something similar....he should before its too late...WSA is a useless outfit...

    The seed tax started long ago ...not much happening there ...they are waiting for the outrage to cool....and implement it then...

    Yerry is , was, and will forever be a buffoon....surprised he hasn't got a board seat yet although most might know he is stupid.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • farmaholic's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 07:36 13 The Trudeau/Liberal "ATTITUDE" is probably the worst thing that could have happened to our International relations. Canadians aren't the only ones who hate him! Even with the "excess" grain in the world, had there been reciprocal respect between trading partners I doubt the fall-out would have been as severe.

    Oh, and those farms that are too big to buy as a unit can be sold the same way they were built....piece by piece! But in some cases, since so much dirt will be on the market at the same time in a concentrated area....some off those pieces may not sell for the same price paid to buy them! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:36 14
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post

    China bought so much Vancouver and Toronto property its sick.

    The US wont stand for China buying up resources on its doorstep. They don't care too much about condos but if China starts owning Canada resources and setting up shop here, US will step in. Trump even put clauses in the new NAFTA to that effect. And maybe that's the best case scenario for us anyway. its probably coming one way or another.

    I said this before, there is some underlying play going on in Canadian ag that I don't see. Either consolidation to create huge tracts for sale, or bets on food security either due to climate problems or break down in the world order. Canada would be a ripe place for this to happen because of our location and our weak leaders.
    Last edited by jazz; Apr 23, 2019 at 07:41.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 07:42 15 Big farms that have huge debt can go down. When the bank gets nervous shit goes sideways. Even if your accountant keeps telling you your in the top 5% of farmers. Rent and buy some more Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 07:43 16
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    The Trudeau/Liberal "ATTITUDE" is probably the worst thing that could have happened to our International relations. Canadians aren't the only ones who hate him! Even with the "excess" grain in the world, had there been reciprocal respect between trading partners I doubt the fall-out would have been as severe.

    Oh, and those farms that are too big to buy as a unit can be sold the same way they were built....piece by piece! But in some cases, since so much dirt will be on the market at the same time in a concentrated area....some off those pieces may not sell for the same price paid to buy them!
    It won't be the big boys going under .....they will force the 3500 to 5000 acre guys out first too make the big guys get bigger...look at RBA ....those farms selling with that type of machinery have to be 5000 acres...

    A newer semi, a 66 foot bourgault, grain cart , 4 wheel drive at 450 hp, a couple MFWD and a couple newer combines....thats a 4000 acre farm selling.... Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 07:50 17
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    The US wont stand for China buying up resources on its doorstep. They don't care too much about condos but if China starts owning Canada resources and setting up shop here, US will step in. Trump even put clauses in the new NAFTA to that effect. And maybe that's the best case scenario for us anyway. its probably coming one way or another.

    I said this before, there is some underlying play going on in Canadian ag that I don't see. Either consolidation to create huge tracts for sale, or bets on food security either due to climate problems or break down in the world order. Canada would be a ripe place for this to happen because of our location and our weak leaders.
    In free market capitalism isn't capital supposed to flow without restrictions to find its highest efficiency? Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 07:51 18 From January 1 to now the price of canola has went from $11 to $9.80, hard red has went from $7.60 to $6.60, CPS wheat has went from $6.80 to $5.30. Yellow peas really haven't changed much. Certainly not a price trend that creates optimism. Justin Trudeau's flaccid performance on the trade file certainly isnt helping. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 09:20 19 I wish some of you would study the art of farming big.

    One blanket loan agreement everything is included plus personal guarantees.
    So you appear to pay cash but it’s a huge line.

    Two buy land each year paying just more than last year.

    Three create s bunch of farms so insurance is one block one block. Give it every thing because your covered.


    Lease or own equipment flopping each year because you can’t afford to fix.

    Have a accounting firm who knows Ag stab and private and work yields and expenses between so one pays.

    Get told your doing great 👍 top 5% in area. Morning pump you up so you rent and buy more. Your special and you should go bigger of go home.

    Hire more men and keep the party going.

    Finally all works till some bean counter in Toronto wakes up and says Houston we have a problem.

    No one wants small independent farms. To tough to control.

    Sheep are better. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 23, 2019 | 09:23 20
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    In free market capitalism isn't capital supposed to flow without restrictions to find its highest efficiency?

    Not when there is a hostile socialist communist govt backing it that doesn't allow reciprocal investment. Then you use your trade leverage to block like Trump is doing. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 09:46 21 Peep peep peep hopefully the problem goes away nothing ever changes for farmers in Canada.

    Sick actually.

    Weak pathetic leaders Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Klause's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 10:04 22 Canada will never have the major institutional Ag ventures.

    Some have tried, and left before they got anywhere....


    Why? Short seasons, constrained logistics, poor returns on investment.

    Look at companies like Olam, AdecoAgro, see where they operate...

    Pretty much anywhere but here. It speaks of the profitability / viability of agriculture in Canada, IMHO.

    And no, I'm not advocating for mega farms run by shareholders in any way. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 10:09 23
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    It’s been a topic of conversation for a while. Some of the very large farms are simply way to big to be taken over in any other way.
    The next ten years we could see a dramatic change on some of those massive farms .
    You would know more than most hobby, there are some very large operators in your area .
    Agreed there are very large operators around me. I know “of them” but truly know very little about them or their strategies. I could guess their age and be within 3 years but that’s about it. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 10:23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Big farms that have huge debt can go down. When the bank gets nervous shit goes sideways. Even if your accountant keeps telling you your in the top 5% of farmers. Rent and buy some more
    I assume my neighbours are well heeled. They have grown excellent crops for a long time. I do not resent them, they have always treated me well as a person. They take a lot of risk and the reward that goes with it. As mentioned, one theory is, the large blocks of land may be unaffordable to common farmers, so international or corporate money will move in. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 10:31 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    From January 1 to now the price of canola has went from $11 to $9.80, hard red has went from $7.60 to $6.60, CPS wheat has went from $6.80 to $5.30. Yellow peas really haven't changed much. Certainly not a price trend that creates optimism. Justin Trudeau's flaccid performance on the trade file certainly isnt helping.
    And going down even farther every minute.
    So why the flying leap are we going to seed anything?
    The auction sale farms are sure smiling now..cuz there is no good news on the horizon.. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Apr 23, 2019 | 10:54 26 Three weeks since meetings in Ottawa.


    Peep peep chirp chirp crickets.

    This is awful Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 11:59 27
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    In free market capitalism isn't capital supposed to flow without restrictions to find its highest efficiency?
    The so called capitalists are the biggest pigs at the government trough...

    Evraz, GTH, Auto Sector, Bombardier, AGT...etc etc etc...

    A small farm just farming gets a whole lot of hurt by a Executive getting arrested.....doesnt make sense. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 12:36 28 I will remind people of the last response to ag issues from the late 80s early 90s.

    - get big
    - get diversified
    - cut costs
    - get out

    Some tried all 4. Maybe those alpacas and elk will work this time. Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 14:38 29
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    I will remind people of the last response to ag issues from the late 80s early 90s.

    - get big
    - get diversified
    - cut costs
    - get out

    Some tried all 4. Maybe those alpacas and elk will work this time.
    Pigeons, the real money maker Reply With Quote
    Apr 23, 2019 | 14:39 30 This site is depressing, Ag has never been better, hit the auto steer, spend the day on twitter and Facebook, and don't forget to snow check your mountain sled for all those trips to BC once the inevitable bumper crop is in the bin. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like