often wonder

Commodity Marketing

Tools

often wonder

Apr 21, 2019 | 16:56 1 Did indigenous australians or first nation people in north america or aztecs or brazilian rain forest people have the religious violence and terror that we see all to often in todays society maybe we should go back to the future.

PS im semi religous if there is such a thing yeah yeah i know its a bit of a cop out Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2019 | 17:48 2 The Aztecs were particularly violent with relation to religion. They were big into human sacrifice to please the gods. It's suggested that as many as 20,000 a year may have been sacrificed out of a probable 5 million population - that's quite a lot in the name of religion. Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2019 | 18:00 3 I am not sure what the religious ceremony was called , but it is believed that the Aztec once sacrificed 84,000 people in just 4 days. North American Indians were always fighting among tribes over territory. Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2019 | 18:07 4
Quote Originally Posted by Misterjade9 View Post
I am not sure what the religious ceremony was called , but it is believed that the Aztec once sacrificed 84,000 people in just 4 days. North American Indians were always fighting among tribes over territory.
The 80,400 was dedicating a new temple according to Google. Reply With Quote
Apr 21, 2019 | 19:00 5 ok point taken.

just horrors committed over last 20 yrs sickening. Bombings, mass shootings all in the name of ideology/religion.

Amish are non violent maybe the world should take note of there beliefs.

Sometimes im glad were farmers and to a degree immuned from the world, but of course we have agro/terrorism as its being called in oz now. Vegans and next to start are the anti glyphosate anti gm crowd apparently there rallying the troops and supposedly "joining up" with vegans. Almost laughable but everyone to there own i guess.

A green leaning pollie was desparing about dust storms across australia in last 2 months or so and actually gave ground that chemicals "have there place if this type of crisis can be averted" so some common sense filtering through.

sorry got sidetracked from original topic Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Austranada's Avatar Apr 21, 2019 | 19:37 6
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    ok point taken.

    just horrors committed over last 20 yrs sickening. Bombings, mass shootings all in the name of ideology/religion.

    Amish are non violent maybe the world should take note of there beliefs.

    Sometimes im glad were farmers and to a degree immuned from the world, but of course we have agro/terrorism as its being called in oz now. Vegans and next to start are the anti glyphosate anti gm crowd apparently there rallying the troops and supposedly "joining up" with vegans. Almost laughable but everyone to there own i guess.

    A green leaning pollie was desparing about dust storms across australia in last 2 months or so and actually gave ground that chemicals "have there place if this type of crisis can be averted" so some common sense filtering through.

    sorry got sidetracked from original topic
    Earth to mallee, come in mallee
    You haven't got a clue, over Reply With Quote
    Apr 21, 2019 | 20:00 7
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post

    Amish are non violent maybe the world should take note of there beliefs.
    The Amish of course are pacifists, as are their religious cousins the Mennonites and Hutterites. While that doesn't earn them any popularity while living among peoples that aren't pacifists in an ideal world perhaps if everyone were pacifists it would be a better place. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Apr 21, 2019 | 21:36 8
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    The Amish of course are pacifists, as are their religious cousins the Mennonites and Hutterites. While that doesn't earn them any popularity while living among peoples that aren't pacifists in an ideal world perhaps if everyone were pacifists it would be a better place.
    Guess, not that i know, theres still still some sort of pecking order amongst pacifists and they may even have there occasional blue.

    Sat next to 2 Mennonites on a flight from denver to calgary, what a lovely well spoken young lady maybe 17 or 18 and he dad along side her. Then they all took turns sitting next to me chatting about farming and australia. If my memory serves me correctly they were from rural kansas.

    But sad world when ya cant go to church without fear of something happening, or school in america or a music concert. Nutters on all sides.
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 21, 2019 at 21:41.
    Reply With Quote
    Apr 21, 2019 | 22:04 9 Pacifism only works if someone is willing to protect you and allow such beliefs.

    Everyone being a pacifist makes it real easy pickings for motivated guys like Hitler and Stalin.

    If shit ever hit the fan in North America, you'd see the pacifists cut and run real quick, just like they always have. Reply With Quote
    Apr 21, 2019 | 22:07 10 [QUOTE=15444;408672]Pacifism only works if someone is willing to protect you and allow such beliefs.



    yeah 15444 its wishful thinking on my part. Reply With Quote
    Apr 22, 2019 | 05:39 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 15444 View Post
    Pacifism only works if someone is willing to protect you and allow such beliefs.

    Everyone being a pacifist makes it real easy pickings for motivated guys like Hitler and Stalin.

    If shit ever hit the fan in North America, you'd see the pacifists cut and run real quick, just like they always have.
    Agree. for all the mennonites, and huts and others that refused to fight in ww2, we would all be speaking german. They basically let others fight their wars, while the preach peace. Reply With Quote
    Apr 22, 2019 | 07:07 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MBgrower View Post
    Agree. for all the mennonites, and huts and others that refused to fight in ww2, we would all be speaking german. They basically let others fight their wars, while the preach peace.
    That's a little unfair. While it's true pacifists don't fight for their country in a time of war they equally don't cause wars. If everyone were pacifist there would be no wars. It certainly causes friction when you have pacifists living amongst non-pacifists - in Scotland we had a farm family that were conscientious objectors and during/after WW1 they expanded greatly by marrying into farms where the sons were away or never returned from war. It's taken a couple of generations for that stigma to wear off. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Apr 22, 2019 | 09:36 13 The human animal when stressed will act on impulses as old as life itself.

    The rest is buffalo chips. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Apr 22, 2019 | 10:50 14
    Quote Originally Posted by grassfarmer View Post
    That's a little unfair. While it's true pacifists don't fight for their country in a time of war they equally don't cause wars. If everyone were pacifist there would be no wars. It certainly causes friction when you have pacifists living amongst non-pacifists - in Scotland we had a farm family that were conscientious objectors and during/after WW1 they expanded greatly by marrying into farms where the sons were away or never returned from war. It's taken a couple of generations for that stigma to wear off.
    Exactly how the Hutterites got where they are. Initially in WWI the Hutts and Quakers both refused to serve. After the rules were changed so objectors could serve in non-combat roles the Quakers showed extreme bravery as medics and stretcher beaters and died like flies. The Hutterites stayed home and made money hand over fist. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Apr 22, 2019 | 13:07 15 A few hutts actually died in US military prisons during First War. Reply With Quote
    Apr 22, 2019 | 14:36 16
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek View Post
    Exactly how the Hutterites got where they are. Initially in WWI the Hutts and Quakers both refused to serve. After the rules were changed so objectors could serve in non-combat roles the Quakers showed extreme bravery as medics and stretcher beaters and died like flies. The Hutterites stayed home and made money hand over fist.
    The Hutterites didn't move to Canada until 1918 and they moved with the assurance of military exemption. Reply With Quote