• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon drought ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    You have heard of google and the internet? Sorry couldn't resist.
    https://www.thecreepyline.com/

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Taxing the working man in our society is about as dumb of a solution as one could pick.Are you a bureaucrat dmlfarmer?

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
        Taxing the working man in our society is about as dumb of a solution as one could pick.Are you a bureaucrat dmlfarmer?
        no I am not, now how about answering my question. What do you think government should do?

Comment

I would do the same as my trading partner the USA .

Comment

good post DML

I have to admit at least this Happer guy at least , sounds convincing and believable.
            which is strange for anything connected to trump.
            a pretty good representative for the denier side.

I do like the religion analogy ,
            like religion , why can we not admit we just do not know.
            and run with the probability's.

closing our minds and entrenching in camps.

I esp. like the comment how we love science when it clears glyphosate of wrong doing .
            yet science is all bunk when it comes to climate change.
            kinda like protestants and Catholic's

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              no I am not, now how about answering my question. What do you think government should do?

The govt should encourage market based efficiencies in society, reward, not punish. Carrot instead of stick. Encourage instead of shame. Example instead of hypocrisy. I see Trudeau jetted off to Tofino over the weekend.

Climate zeolots have created the perfect religion out of nothing. Brand it climate change so it can account for everything under the sun. Make the effects always some place where nobody goes like Greenland. Create a tax on everything that does nothing but fill govt coffers and set everyone up for failure. Then every few yrs we will get another apocalyptic warning, emissions still rising, so we must raise the tax higher and faster, all the time knowing that people living paycheck to paycheck cant afford the pain nor the improvements they are supposed to make. Its the greatest scam in human history.

Comment

Encourage bio diesel from canola oil .....
                not one word being said from the Liberals since they started power , or for that matter ... our very own canola groups .
                The sound of silence ..

Comment

Process more canola in Canada????? What are you talking about .....the government would have to study it to death and since the word oil is in Canola oil.....how you say....we be ****ed!!!!

Comment

Jazz, would it make Bernie Madoff look like a preschooler?
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 22, 2019, 08:24.

Comment

Carbon taxes raised can be used to lower income taxes and other taxes. BC has some of the lowest personal tax rates in Canada because they collect more revenue with carbon taxes.

It has always been in the interests of businesses and individuals to use less fossil energy and get more work done with less energy because it saves money.

There is an incredible amount of energy waste because of poorly designed buildings, inefficient large vehicles used for one commuter on long commutes. There is lots of room to reduce fossil energy usage and make smarter choices. But if people want to still line up in a Tim Hortons waiting in line for several minutes to get a $2.00 coffee for breakfast, polluting the air and idling their engine because they are too lazy to make a coffee at home and take it with them then there is little hope for us.

Comment

Carbon taxes raised can be used to lower income taxes and other taxes. BC has some of the lowest personal tax rates in Canada because they collect more revenue with carbon taxes.

It has always been in the interests of businesses and individuals to use less fossil energy and get more work done with less energy because it saves money.

There is an incredible amount of energy waste because of poorly designed buildings, inefficient large vehicles used for one commuter on long commutes. There is lots of room to reduce fossil energy usage and make smarter choices. But if people want to still line up in a Tim Hortons waiting in line for several minutes to get a $2.00 coffee for breakfast, polluting the air and idling their engine because they are too lazy to make a coffee at home and take it with them then there is little hope for us.
                        Kinda like farmers who have not upgraded to Teir 4 engines in their equipment... brutal on the environment
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 22, 2019, 08:40.

Comment

There is an incredible amount of energy waste because of poorly designed buildings, inefficient large vehicles used for one commuter on long commutes.

Congrats chuck, you just came up with a capitalist solution to whatever this perceived problem is. It would cost the average home owner about $1500 to raise their attic insulation to R60 spec. Give everyone that does that a 50% tax credit for it and you will lower emissions faster than anything else. Costs the govt a few billion in tax revenue and would hit our emissions like nothing.

But its not really about emissions is it? Because those solutions never get traction. Always about a punitive tax.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                            Nice list Radical, however proves nothing. There as always been disagreement an contrary opinion in science and always will be, even when there is claims that the science is settled. It is human nature to discount anything against our personal belief. Or to seek to profit, regardless if it is moral or fact based.

The other thing to consider is how many of the "proof" of your point on your list are actual peer reviewed science and how many are simply opinion pieces by someone seeking the limelight or profit.

Here is my list:
                            Scientists long believed the earth was flat. Today science says the world is round but there are still flat earthers who stick to old science. So does this contrary belief mean earth can't be round?

Evolution is considered science, and has been debated in science for generations. Yet there are still creationists. Since there are creationists, does this mean evolution can't be believed?

Science says GMOs, Glyphosate, and Vaccicines are safe. Yet there are other scientists who dispute the safety of each of these. So who should the public believe. The science that produced these products or the claims they are dangerous and should be banned?

Science put man on the moon, yet there are still claims the lunar landing was fake. Since some people do not believe the lunar landings happened should we refrain from teaching moon landings in schools?

In the 1940's and 50's doctors were appearing in ads promoting cigarettes. So should we ignore all science that claims today that smoking is bad for your health?

I could go on and on. But the question I want you to answer is to name one recognized SCIENTIFIC BODY THAT DISPUTES MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE today. I am not talking about an individual scientist, or some lobby group, or a collection of opinions, I want you to name a real scientific organization national or international.

And as you are thinking about this you may want to consider the following Wikipedia statement: Since 2007, when the American Association of Petroleum Geologists released a revised statement,[24] no national or international scientific body rejects the findings of human-induced effects on climate change https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
                            Thanks for an excellent post dml. This is what I was discussing with Chuck in a previous thread. You correctly listed off a bunch of excellent examples of where consensus (and established economic interests) prevailed until the scientific method finally won the day and proved the consensus wrong, using actual observations, experiments, evidence and proof.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 22, 2019, 09:15.

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
                              I would do the same as my trading partner the USA .
                              Best post ever. Canada's economic policies, tax policies, environmental policies, foreign policies, labour policies ( probably should be labor...), should be simply a matter of doing what is being done by our largest trading partner, or one-upping wherever possible. Instead we purposefully do everything imaginable to spite the US, and then try to stem the exodus of over taxed, and over regulated companies, and tax payers from going there, with bribes of our own tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                Congrats chuck, you just came up with a capitalist solution to whatever this perceived problem is. It would cost the average home owner about $1500 to raise their attic insulation to R60 spec. Give everyone that does that a 50% tax credit for it and you will lower emissions faster than anything else. Costs the govt a few billion in tax revenue and would hit our emissions like nothing.

But its not really about emissions is it? Because those solutions never get traction. Always about a punitive tax.
                                I think we are missing the low hanging fruit when we look at this as Boy Scout Canadians.

This is a good pic of an LA freeway and a description of their system of numerous freeways.

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/l-freeways-ranked-best-worst/

If somebody could post the photo and a hotlink ,thanks.

The lane with the yellow line near center is the car pool lane (2 or more in the car) and is often near traffic free until you hit gridlock that happens routinely. Note all the brake lights are on as they are stopped like the Timmies drive thu.

All other lanes have 1 person in the car. I will bet they all think climate change is a big issue and someone should do something about it. Maybe shut down the Alberta Oilsands.

Prize to the one who can spot the public transit, buses, etc.
                                Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 22, 2019, 09:31.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.