• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Plans/Intentions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding Plans/Intentions

With the fall in canola and wheat in the last little while has anyone re-adjusted their seeding plans? Nothing really stands out for a big switch.
    Maybe some that were going to grow more wheat might switch to more durum with durum market showing a little better price going forward.
    I’m not changing anything, it would likely back fire if I did.

Like I posted we’re still

4000 canola

5000 hrs

500 peas

500 barley

Canola down to get rotation back

Comment

I don't care what my tennant seeds as long as he maintains a healthy rotation on my land and pays his $80/acre rent!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I don't care what my tennant seeds as long as he maintains a healthy rotation on my land and pays his $80/acre rent!!!!!!
        Your getting ripped 100 minimum or don’t waste my time. Hahahaha

Comment

No change as all fert was applied last fall..
          With current prices there might not be much money left to pay any high rents..

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            Your getting ripped 100 minimum or don’t waste my time. Hahahaha
            I was trying to be realistic for the Slum of the Ghetto, not wishful.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              At 80 bucks an acre ..you are making more money than the guy renting....how do live with yourself????

lmao....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                At 80 bucks an acre ..you are making more money than the guy renting....how do live with yourself????

lmao....
                .....I've no conscience!

Comment

Stats Can already guessing farmers are increasing oats and barley, nothing left to rotate any way, NO magic crop/bullet. Only if somehow production is affected, just repeat and wait as usual.

Comment

Waiting for a market to come back apparently is the strategy....unfortunately other countries are no longer buffoons ...Russia has learnt agriculture is a mainstay industry and support it...

We are well on our way to what the Russians were...to the detriment of the Canadian economy as a whole....

Comment

Don't like wearing out expensive machinery on small margin crops. 25% summerfallow, first time in 30 years.

Comment

Oats, barley, hemp. 25% plowdown.
                        Same as every year. I hope to break even, I could use the money.

Comment

Attempting an intercrop and a cover crop this yr. Gotta change. My instincts tell me business as usual is not the way forward and because our land costs are in the $75 range we have a bit more room to move than the big rent guys.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            Oats, barley, hemp. 25% plowdown.
                            Same as every year. I hope to break even, I could use the money.
                            LOL, what a guy....

Comment

Originally posted by lesmt View Post
                              Don't like wearing out expensive machinery on small margin crops. 25% summerfallow, first time in 30 years.
                              I will need identifying photo evidence halfway through the season...hopefully its chemfallow. I'm from Missouri.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...