• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Versatile 895

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Versatile 895

Hydrolic tank is leaking on bottom . How horrible of a job is it to take out?

I’d just weld it where it is if you can get at it

Comment

Doesn’t it just unbolt and drop straight down?

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
        I’d just weld it where it is if you can get at it
        That is what I would do, and have done on other tanks. It gets a little exciting as the leaking oil tends to ignite and makes it difficult to finally plug the hole. I suppose draining it first may be a safer option, but does take some of the fun out of it.

Comment

Is that tank sitting on a cross member tucked up against the side frame rail? ....just close enough but not far enough away to prevent dirt and straw from accumulating between them. Did it rust out or wear through from vibration on the mounting base or straps. If it's rust, you have to wonder when the next spot will let go. I believe we've cleaned(blew or washed) out that space on ours(855) before. Our old relic(1980) doesn't see alot of action anymore...harrowing or land rolling or pulling disc or cultivator around in fall. Archaic and crude but fairly darn dependable! Even sold the $7000.00 load sensing Atom Jet off it afew years ago....that will never have been anyone's drill tractor anymore anyway. Pretty much got the same money we paid for the Atom Jet when we first installed it..."inflation" erasing "depreciation".... on some stuff it works. Wouldn't mind replacing the tractor with something "newer"(relative to 1980) with no chloride and dry weights....in the Case line.

Best of luck!

Comment

Yes has cross members in the way looks like a few words are going to be said taking it out or in a position to hopefully weld it

Comment

Tranny comes through the floorboards, think i pulled the tank at the same time when i did the 850.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                Tranny comes through the floorboards, think i pulled the tank at the same time when i did the 850.
                Yea this 835 had the floorboards out Not as bad a job as it seems
                Cant dry it off and jb weld it ? Pretty amazing stuff sometimes if its not all rusted out

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Is that tank sitting on a cross member tucked up against the side frame rail? ....just close enough but not far enough away to prevent dirt and straw from accumulating between them. Did it rust out or wear through from vibration on the mounting base or straps. If it's rust, you have to wonder when the next spot will let go. I believe we've cleaned(blew or washed) out that space on ours(855) before. Our old relic(1980) doesn't see alot of action anymore...harrowing or land rolling or pulling disc or cultivator around in fall. Archaic and crude but fairly darn dependable! Even sold the $7000.00 load sensing Atom Jet off it afew years ago....that will never have been anyone's drill tractor anymore anyway. Pretty much got the same money we paid for the Atom Jet when we first installed it..."inflation" erasing "depreciation".... on some stuff it works. Wouldn't mind replacing the tractor with something "newer"(relative to 1980) with no chloride and dry weights....in the Case line.

Best of luck!
                  Case is good lol

Comment

If you can apply vacuum to the tank. Should stop it from leaking and you can clean it up and JB-weld it.

Comment

back in the day , we used to rub a bar of soap into the leak , dry it and jb weld also , the soap would stop the leak on a gas tank anyways

Comment

If yours is anything like our 875 there enough oil under the cab it’s hard to figure out which leak is the worst culprit😉. I’d have to look but aren’t those crossmembers removable? Crazy thought. Good luck

Comment

I am "almost" tempted to look under our old 855 chore horse and see if the wall of the oil reservoir is recessed to allow for the brake disc mounted on the back of the "Flintstone" geared tranny. I seen something like that somewhere but can't remember for sure.

Wait for it.....
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 20, 2019, 09:04.

Comment

Yup, isn't that special!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                              Hydrolic tank is leaking on bottom . How horrible of a job is it to take out?
                              Did you get the tank out? Can you see exactly where it's leaking?
                              Not sure if someone who has actually done it(I haven't) has commented or not but looks like 7 options:

1. Take out cab floor, move hydraulic hose out of the way and maybe it will come out through the floor. That's if it can be maneuvered around the brake disc. I would do some measuring first.

2. Take off transmission input shaft and brake disc. This might free up enough room to get the tank out the front. The tank would need to be tipped up at the back and the hydraulic oil filters removed.

3. Take three bolts out of the transmission mount cross member, loosen the fourth and bar the transmission out of the way enough to remove tank. Might require removing shift linkage to the transmission, possibly taking off transmission input and output shafts and removing hydraulic filters.

4. Quit using that tank and put a new tank on somewhere you can actually get at it.

5. Park tractor

6. Use as is

7. Sell as is and replace

The tank is likely leaking in an area that is completely inaccessible to repair in place. Might even have rusted through.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.