• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Central Livestock Exchange Clyde, Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Central Livestock Exchange Clyde, Alberta

Gotta give a THUMBS UP to the handling of livestock at a recent livestock sale. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture while I was there. They have 2 rings going at once. Cows and bulls on one and yearlings in the other. I was watching the yearling sale. Groups were brought up to a pen just outside the ring by horse. A person was operating the gate behind them and then moving them into the ring if necessary. Both the ring gates were operated remotely. No person was in the ring with the cattle, but there were 2 behind the screens operating the gates. Those gates were so precise and quiet. The footing was excellent. The cattle were more calm then they would have been had there been human handlers in the ring. Never saw an animal go down.

I don't get to too many auction barns. Is this remote gate thing in most auction barns now?

Originally posted by littledoggie View Post
    Gotta give a THUMBS UP to the handling of livestock at a recent livestock sale. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture while I was there. They have 2 rings going at once. Cows and bulls on one and yearlings in the other. I was watching the yearling sale. Groups were brought up to a pen just outside the ring by horse. A person was operating the gate behind them and then moving them into the ring if necessary. Both the ring gates were operated remotely. No person was in the ring with the cattle, but there were 2 behind the screens operating the gates. Those gates were so precise and quiet. The footing was excellent. The cattle were more calm then they would have been had there been human handlers in the ring. Never saw an animal go down.

I don't get to too many auction barns. Is this remote gate thing in most auction barns now?
    Our local barn has had one since it was built in 95’. Biggest piece of crap but whole system a backwards bottleneck.

Comment

Ste. Rose auction has auto gates they seem to work well quiet also I believe they are air operated.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
        Ste. Rose auction has auto gates they seem to work well quiet also I believe they are air operated.
        Those would be a lot smoother than the hydraulic ones.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.