• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dairy Farmer Breaks Down ... This is how we all feel.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dairy Farmer Breaks Down ... This is how we all feel.

https://www.agdaily.com/video/dairy-farmer-breaks-industry/?utm_source=FbMain&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

For some reason it won’t open the video, have to try something else

Comment

Try this;

https://www.agdaily.com/video/dairy-farmer-breaks-industry/?utm_source=FbMain&utm_medium=&utm_campaign= https://www.agdaily.com/video/dairy-farmer-breaks-industry/?utm_source=FbMain&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

Comment

no it works good
        didn't realize dairy was that bad in the US
        no wonder they're pissed off at the Canadian industry getting so many handouts, after guaranteed profits
        this last $4b trudeau is giving them will be another nail in the grain farmers coffins here

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          Try this;

https://www.agdaily.com/video/dairy-farmer-breaks-industry/?utm_source=FbMain&utm_medium=&utm_campaign= https://www.agdaily.com/video/dairy-farmer-breaks-industry/?utm_source=FbMain&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=
          Thx for getting it on for me.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            no it works good
            didn't realize dairy was that bad in the US
            no wonder they're pissed off at the Canadian industry getting so many handouts, after guaranteed profits
            this last $4b trudeau is giving them will be another nail in the grain farmers coffins here
            False conclusions. The American dairy farmers are in just the same boat as the Europeans and Kiwis have been in recent years. Unregulated dairy production just does not work with the concentration at processor level. It leads to the numbers game - going to 1000+ cow dairies, forcing the small guys out and the big guys still can't make a go of it. So the American dairy farmer needn't be pissed at Canadian ones - try blaming it on successive Governments in their own country for flawed ag policy. Canadian dairy with SM was the best dairy system in the world - too bad Harper had to sabotage it on his way out the door and create the situation where successive Canadian Governments were committed to compensating dairy producers for their loss. This was not Liberal created this was Conservative created.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              False conclusions. The American dairy farmers are in just the same boat as the Europeans and Kiwis have been in recent years. Unregulated dairy production just does not work with the concentration at processor level. It leads to the numbers game - going to 1000+ cow dairies, forcing the small guys out and the big guys still can't make a go of it. So the American dairy farmer needn't be pissed at Canadian ones - try blaming it on successive Governments in their own country for flawed ag policy. Canadian dairy with SM was the best dairy system in the world - too bad Harper had to sabotage it on his way out the door and create the situation where successive Canadian Governments were committed to compensating dairy producers for their loss. This was not Liberal created this was Conservative created.
              So yes Harper negotiated the trade agreement with 10 other countries to improve our access to Asian markets and then Trudeau ratified it but he had nothing to do with renegotiating NAFTA. I think you are blaming the wrong person here Grassfarmer but I have no doubt you will disagree. I suppose you will also find some way to blame Harper for China refusing to purchase our canola as well. I really get tired of Liberal's continuing to blame Harper almost 4 years after his departure. I actually miss Harper he could at least give intelligent responses to a question, Trudeau can only spew out scripted bafflegab!

Comment

Grass is such a typical liberal they always can't give a straight answer and twist the truth and blame the other guy.

It's a great video of a very sad young man who works really hard.

See you argue a lot more when times are tough and I think he just came off one hell of a discussion about farming with his parents.

Dairy in the USA is weird.

Milk is so cheap in the stores its a lost litre in every single place you go. Milk 2.99 right beside an overpriced juice drink that's half water for 8.99. Watch people they pick up both. that's what the store wants.

Sort of Like Organic or Hormone free the games continue. The farmer gets the shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  . but I have no doubt you will disagree. I suppose you will also find some way to blame Harper for China refusing to purchase our canola as well....
                  Of course I will because you are wrong - as you say both CETA and CTPP were negotiated by the Harper regime. The USMCA agreement hasn't been ratified or implemented yet so you can't claim they are paying compensation out on that.
                  While the China canola dispute wasn't caused directly by Harper it does prove the fallacy of throwing SM under the bus to secure "better access" to pacific rim countries under CTPP. Hurting Canadian dairy farmers in exchange for no guarantee of any market access for any product to the likes of China. We were duped again.

Comment

The guy shouldn't get too down. Soon Canadians will be driving across the border to buy milk and gas and booze.

Comment

Grass your so full of shit it's not even Funny. Let's blame Harper its not gay Boys fault at all. Really liberals are such a sick bunch of fools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	47290692_1506996479432622_7300968632492752896_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	767212
                      Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Apr 11, 2019, 07:16.

Comment

Totally demoralizing. Nothing will change till shelves are empty. The so called free market does not work for agriculture. When consumers rule farmers will get the shaft.

Comment

All I can say is ...I have been there and done that....thankfully when dad died it felt like he took all the arguments and hard feelings with him and left me with the laughter....

Not saying it will take that but the arguing is just a waste...

And I know my dad is sending me messages when my son and I have disagreements....Its easier for me not to waste the time.....find something else..something positive ...or something we can both get mad at(trudeau)....or have a coffee...find some laughter and its usually at me...

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            Of course I will because you are wrong - as you say both CETA and CTPP were negotiated by the Harper regime. The USMCA agreement hasn't been ratified or implemented yet so you can't claim they are paying compensation out on that.
                            While the China canola dispute wasn't caused directly by Harper it does prove the fallacy of throwing SM under the bus to secure "better access" to pacific rim countries under CTPP. Hurting Canadian dairy farmers in exchange for no guarantee of any market access for any product to the likes of China. We were duped again.
                            First off China is not a signatory of the CTPP so this agreement has zero to do with market access to China. I believe Canada gave up just over 3% of our Dairy market, hardly throwing them under the bus. I believe China is supposed to be 40% of our canola export market, a far larger hit that has occurred under Trudeau with his totally inept handling of foreign policy with China. I was reading an article the other day that after buying record amounts of oil in 2018 China has ceased purchasing oil from Canada in 2019, another win for "Little Potatoe".

Comment

No alligator tears. Demand a state solution. Can't do that, this is a freedom issue. I deserve less than cost milk. Jesus Christ!

The North Dakota Milk Marketing Board since the 1960's sets the minimum price milk and dairy products can be sold for in their state. Bitch all you want, but be prepared to go to a further out state to purchase "get em in the store fire sale milk".

This is a non problem looking for a blame the other guy, blame the other country solution.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...