• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year’s wool check, for Mallee.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year’s wool check, for Mallee.

Wife is following a forum and the wool people are mad. Wool values are a quarter the cost of shearing.

One person got a dollar a head in wool revenue, cost to shear is 5 to 5.60 per head.

That is why we raise hair sheep, mate.

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Wife is following a forum and the wool people are mad. Wool values are a quarter the cost of shearing.

One person got a dollar a head in wool revenue, cost to shear is 5 to 5.60 per head.

That is why we raise hair sheep, mate.
    Went to our local farm fair last weekend.
    Had a wool section were studs and local farmers can enter fleeces. I had intnetions but cut off date for entries was the week we started shearing.

Average price for farmers fleeces was around the $75 per head winning fleece i think was $98.

Best stud fleece was $185 i think. Around 12 kilograms

Comment

Rye 7.25/Bus and malt barley $5+ here in Eastern Saskatchewan.

Comment

https://www.stockjournal.com.au/story/6025332/trade-lambs-break-through-700-cents/?cs=4875&fbclid=IwAR2CwA9cn6Q9PmpT1CGiCbi5dSxyhVhe JCnvV-VQ5oYR9o6Eok_R5R-XyKo https://www.stockjournal.com.au/story/6025332/trade-lambs-break-through-700-cents/?cs=4875&fbclid=IwAR2CwA9cn6Q9PmpT1CGiCbi5dSxyhVhe JCnvV-VQ5oYR9o6Eok_R5R-XyKo

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.