• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed Tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed Tax

Today's bid for 1 HRS 13.5: 6.40/net bu delivered elevator. Feed wheat: 6.25/gross bu fob farm. Please tell me why we need a seed tax?

New seed 12 to 14 bucks

Comment

We don't need it and that is the truth.

We have stupid people who are out of touch with the reality of the situation with farming in Canada today telling the feds it is a great thing to help with yield.

This isn't an F#$King Blip in prices and China and the rest will not be worked out in the short term.

It's a Tax to subsidize seed companies and seed growers.

I have varieties today that give me yield that's great. We don't need more yield we need more money for primary producers.

But hey that's Canada help everyone else live on the welfare tit and screw the farmers.

Comment

If you need more money grow more bushels....you lose on every bushel but make it up on volume.....

Hahaha

Comment

But but but. Tom said it will help us ???

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            But but but. Tom said it will help us ???
            So do all the political parties???
            And we ll be ok because we know agriunstability is a failure but please sign up because it looks bad when over 60 percent of farmers have quit the program and that’s all we have to offer.

If it wasn’t so serious it be the biggest *** joke around how is farmers are getting taken to the cleaners by all of them.

Comment

un****ingbelivable

Comment

Now I could be wrong but I would say the most research money is spent on canola and how is that working today? It appears that politics affects farmer potential income far more than science!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  Now I could be wrong but I would say the most research money is spent on canola and how is that working today? It appears that politics affects farmer potential income far more than science!!
                  And ALL research is for MORE yield= cheaper food, and all FUNDING is for market development to sell cheaper grain. Just a vicious circle, been so for last 50 years....

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    And ALL research is for MORE yield= cheaper food, and all FUNDING is for market development to sell cheaper grain. Just a viciously circle, been so for last 50 years....
                    Most research in canola has been to develop
                    1 better club root resistance
                    2 stronger blackleg resistance
                    3 pod shatter
                    4 sclerotinia resistance
                    5 yield to be as comparable or better than exsisting varieties with one or more above traits .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Most research in canola has been to develop
                      1 better club root resistance
                      2 stronger blackleg resistance
                      3 pod shatter
                      4 sclerotinia resistance
                      5 yield to be as comparable or better than exsisting varieties with one or more above traits .
                      None of that matters if it can't be sold....

Comment

When you're planting canola this spring, and you buy stuff that isn't Pioneer, Dekalb or Bayer...

Look for these symbols hidden on the bag somewhere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10_logo_dsv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	767209
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_menu-platzhalter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	767210

Modern canola genetics aren't as "made in Canada" as ya'll think.

And actually compared to winter **** and Euro sumer **** varieties our canola is lagging behind.

If I remember right, Pioneer bags have (they used to) a disclaimer on them that germ plasm is owned by a French company.

BTW, in Germany the University of Berlin in partnership with Staten-Union is researching further clubroot resistance and multigenic resistance traits... And doing it through natural selection, while also finding the genetic markers for clubroot resistance and making future development faster.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          None of that matters if it can't be sold....
                          Yes very true , just pointing out where most of the research has been going is all
                          Not defending seed cost at all , just pointing that out .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Yes very true , just pointing out where most of the research has been going is all
                            Not defending seed cost at all , just pointing that out .
                            My comment wasn't meant as offensive....don't take it that way...

I am pissed today because John Deere just expects guys to buy new receivers ...well ...just because....by 2021...,

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              My comment wasn't meant as offensive....don't take it that way...

I am pissed today because John Deere just expects guys to buy new receivers ...well ...just because....by 2021...,
                              Whats this about ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...