• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am confused...as usual...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused...as usual...

With the ongoing trade disputes with India, China, and Saudi Arabia and others....can someone explain who as a farmer has been in front of a government committee to explain the impact back to the farm...

I know I get repetitive but here are a few things that relate and has impact back to the farm....

1. AGT buy churchill rail facilities and receives 110 million from the government...it hasn't made a difference to farmers, has it?????

2. The Weston family openly admits to price fixing bread products in 2017...offers up a 25 dollar gift card ...and is now back in the money from taxpayers for 12 million....to lower their carbon emissions...I lowered mine with a tractor that burns cleaner but more fuel ...I didn't get a hand out????

3. Richardson and Viterra have issues with trade and they are front and centre with committees ...farmers?????? The price of canola is low enough for the graincos to store it for a while...

4. Is India even being dealt with?????

5. How the wheat sales to Saudi Arabia???

6. China is going to lay a world of hurt on western Canadian farmers and the liberals are with higher fuel prices....I am not a net polluter????

7. People want to eat beyond beef food but are too stupid to look at the extra ingredients to make it taste that way....

Just wondering if others correlate the news back to the farm and wonder why bother?

Maple Leaf is getting 50 million in the US to build a plant based protein facility in Indianapolis ....now wouldn't that have been a better fit for Saskatchewan than a Regina bypass....

Comment

Morning bucket, ya all the above is largely not having a major impact on ag......yet. Equipment, inputs, rent have not adjusted significantly, this basically tells the industry everything good to go, every acre will get seeded as usual. Until farmers start spending less money and actually start impacting large players like family owned eastern based grain cos expect more of the lethargy.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

2. The Weston family openly admits to price fixing bread products in 2017...offers up a 25 dollar gift card ...and is now back in the money from taxpayers for 12 million....to lower their carbon emissions...I lowered mine with a tractor that burns cleaner but more fuel ...I didn't get a hand out????
        Once again, All of the expense, complication, and unreliability that has been added to your tractor is to reduce actual pollution, nothing to do with reducing beneficial CO2. Chuck and climate Barbie et al have been so successful in confusing the public into thinking that CO2 is a pollutant, that even rational people start to think there must be some connection. If anything, the emissions controls are increasing the CO2 output when full life cycle is considered. Unless of course you are dragging a large tank behind and capturing all of the CO2?

Comment

Weston's had some issues in Bangladesh wit their Joe Fresh clothing manufacuring.

That place is still a hole in the ground but down the street a couple of blocks there are a lot of tannery's described in this article following up on the factory collapse.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/clothesonyourback/2013/10/12/bangladeshs_tanneries_make_the_sweatshops_look_goo d.html

Bangladesh is a country criss-crossed by hundreds of rivers. The Buriganga, into which the tanneries’ effluents flow, is the source of drinking water and fish, and is crucial for ferrying merchandise. It flows through southwestern Dhaka and is economically vital as the boats that cross it provide connections to the other parts of Bangladesh.

It has been the lifeline of Dhaka and is now dying.

Buriganga is one of the most polluted rivers in the world. The government itself admits that about 21,000 cubic metres of untreated waste is dumped by tanneries into the river every day.

After the 60 years of tannery operations, no one knows how much has poured into the river, only that it is incalculable and staggering.

Chromium sulfate, lead, organohalogens, lime, hydrogen sulfide, sulfuric acid, formic acid, bleach, dyes and oils all flow through the gutters, into the river and eventually seep into farmlands and the Bay of Bengal ponds where rice is grown for the local population and prawns are farmed for export.

“These tanneries are not only poisoning the people who live there but others, too, hundreds of miles away,” says S.H.M. Fakhruddin, who specializes in water resources management.

The Buriganga’s water is so polluted that it has no fish, just black filth and chemicals, he says. “It is hard for people (in dinghies and small boats) to even row across the river.”

Pollutants have eaten up all oxygen in the river and it biologically dead, he says.

In the dry season between October and April, the river completely stagnates and the billions of litres of toxic waste from the local industries, mainly the tanneries, accumulate. The entire 54-kilometre stretch of the river turns into what Fakhruddin calls a “septic tank.”

Fakhruddin, who is from Dhaka but lives and works in Bangkok, Thailand, says chemicals such as cadmium and chromium and elements like mercury in industrial waste are creeping into the groundwater, posing a serious threat to public health.

They arn't "Polluters" like us dirty prairie farmers emitting all that carbon pollution into the air but they do have some problems.

Climate Barbie's new line is "What will our children breath?"

Comment

With the ongoing trade disputes with India, China, and Saudi Arabia and others....can someone explain who as a farmer has been in front of a government committee to explain the impact back to the farm...

I know I get repetitive but here are a few things that relate and has impact back to the farm....

1. AGT buy churchill rail facilities and receives 110 million from the government...it hasn't made a difference to farmers, has it?????

3. Richardson and Viterra have issues with trade and they are front and centre with committees ...farmers?????? The price of canola is low enough for the graincos to store it for a while...

4. Is India even being dealt with?????

5. How the wheat sales to Saudi Arabia???

6. China is going to lay a world of hurt on western Canadian farmers and the liberals are with higher fuel prices....I am not a net polluter????

7. People want to eat beyond beef food but are too stupid to look at the extra ingredients to make it taste that way....

Just wondering if others correlate the news back to the farm and wonder why bother?

Comment

Has anyone been on the ground in China if so exactly who? Where is the official report to farmers? I haven't read one yet and would like to.

Comment

The most valuable input cost for our business has now become our accountant. Use those corporations boys. Its the only way to keep the criminals out of our pockets.

Comment

Meeting is ongoing as I type this. There is a link on the page to watch live. I just started watching, they just started a break, but the meeting is to run from 11am-1pm eastern time.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/AGRI/meeting-136/notice

And since you asked who,
                  • William Gerrard, Invernorth Ltd.
                  • Mark Kaun, Canola Producer
                  • Stephen Vandervalk, Vice-President, Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association, Alberta
                  • Pierre Murray, President, Producteurs de grains du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
                  • William Van Tassel, Vice-President, Producteurs de grains du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
                  • Mehgin Reynolds, Farmer, LPG Farms
                  • Terry Youzwa, Canola Producer
                  • Pierre Murray, President, Producteurs de grains du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
                  • William Van Tassel, Vice-President, Producteurs de grains du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
                  • Mehgin Reynolds, Farmer, LPG Farms
                  • Terry Youzwa, Canola Producer

Mehgin Reynolds being Megz, the CPC candidate.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...