• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 seeding ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 seeding ..

Southern Alberta going now , Hemsdale did you get going ?
    We will be 3 weeks yet , but that’s normal ish here. Still some snow in fields after rains on weekend.
    Wettest area I’ve seen this spring is between Lashburn and Lloydminster. But that’s been the case for a few years.

Kicked some durum stubble around on stuff that's going into peas yesterday with the harrows. Would be good to go in 99% of the field, but there are a few spots where its VERY spongy yet, and a few holes that still have water in them. I would imagine the over-achievers will be out later this week around here, but I'm content to wait a good 10 days or so.

If moisture remains scant, I may even wait longer and hope for higher soil temps. Made the mistake of seeding into great moisture in 2015 where soil temperature was on the lower end and not everything managed to germinate before the relentless wind dried out the drill disturbed seed row. Moisture sat 1 to 1 1/2 inches below the seed till July.

If soil temp can get to that 65*f, I'll giver and hopefully it can be germinated and up before mother nature dries out the seedbed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...